Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
To start I don’t have enough power to smear anyone let alone a player. I am stating my opinion of that player and in this case it is not positive .
My words on a message board have zero consequences on his life or career .
The only thing that will happen is either I will be right or wrong …. Same for every opinion on this board .
I have read enough to form that opinion . For his career sake , I hope I am wrong . Believe me I won’t get any pleasure if he fails or the opposite if he succeed .
It is sad to see how many on this board take things too personally if one states an opinion that is not theirs .
As I always respect someone else’s opinion , and I assume in this case your is that we have not see anything but hearsay about that kid, all I could say again is let’s agree to disagree. No harm in that . And hope the kid does the best he can and we can revisit this a year or two or three from now .
I think there's plenty of negativity in the world and we don't need to read generally baseless smears and character assassinations of any players. If you don't like the prospect or player that's perfectly fine but I won't agree to reading an endless stream of personal attacks against players you haven't even seen play.

Last edited:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I think there's plenty of negativity in the world and we don't need to read generally baseless smears and character assassinations of any players. If you don't like the prospect or player that's perfectly fine but I won't agree to reading an endless stream of personal attacks against players you haven't even seen play.
But I don’t want you to agree. I said let’s agree to disagree . You are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine .
If you don’t want to read my opinion , then please don’t .
Maybe just maybe sports forums not the place for you if you feel the negativity of some in addition to worlds negativity are affecting you .but who am I to judge . Unlike some I believe you are allowed to your opinions even if they different then mine.

l

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
So why were so many teams eager to take him at 5? And 6? And 7?

Why did Nemec go 2nd overall?
Why did Levshunov go 2nd overall?

Getting pretty sick of the continued moping for drafting the best D of a draft, who has the size and skating you dream of at RD, Just because people want us to become the Leafs or Oilers
I want to become Avalanche and Lightning type more

This is on point Imo. Of all the leafs high picks they took 1 dman and 4 forwards (Reilly, Kadri, Matthews, Marner, Nylander) and Reilly is basically another forward.

They haven't had a top pairing RHD with size in decades. These are guys you have to draft and either get lucky later or take them early.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
The trick with Reinbacher is that he's the bluechipest prospect we've had since forever. In the sense that his chances to bust are very low. He was already playing big, productive minutes in an excellent pro league at 17. And his game was already NHL-ready minus a few tweaks. There's not a lot of prospects who are like that. It's easy to project him. That has its own value.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The trick with Reinbacher is that he's the bluechipest prospect we've had since forever. In the sense that his chances to bust are very low. He was already playing big, productive minutes in an excellent pro league at 17. And his game was already NHL-ready minus a few tweaks. There's not a lot of prospects who are like that. It's easy to project him. That has its own value.
I agree the unknown is the ceiling, the floors pretty high …

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I think people need to lower their expectations a little. He will need a lot of development time as last year was almost a lost year for him. His team was garbage and If I read correctly, didn’t he go through multiple coaching changes and therefore had to adjust to each coaches style of play? I think even Ramage called him to properly guide him. Pretty sure he got a little too much put in his ear. Add in the fact that he will need to learn to play on the smaller NA ice surfaces and my guess is he will
struggle a little this upcoming season

Which is ok since he’s young but I still don’t see the offensive upside.

I think in a couple of years he can be a Petr Svoboda type - which is good but not the elite that I read people say he will be

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I think people need to lower their expectations a little. He will need a lot of development time as last year was almost a lost year for him. His team was garbage and If I read correctly, didn’t he go through multiple coaching changes and therefore had to adjust to each coaches style of play? I think even Ramage called him to properly guide him. Pretty sure he got a little too much put in his ear. Add in the fact that he will need to learn to play on the smaller NA ice surfaces and my guess is he will

I think in a couple of years he can be a Petr Svoboda type - which is good but not the elite that I read people say he will be
I don't expect Erik Karlsson type production but cmon man, the kid is silky smooth with soft hands.. did you see his first goal in the AHL?? I was NOT expecting that!!! That was not luck, or some flukey bounce/tip... just that one play, it was Magnus Carlsen elo2800..
One of the geniuses on our staff spotted that, somewhere. It's in him, and the development team knows it.

If all else fails, we have Petr Svoboda, not bad either. 🫡

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

Brett Pesce should be a good realistic comparable for Reinbacher, a solid second pairing defensemen, extremely valuable in the playoffs to shutdown other teams forwards and who can chip in a few points here and there

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Brett Pesce should be a good realistic comparable for Reinbacher, a solid second pairing defensemen, extremely valuable in the playoffs to shutdown other teams forwards and who can chip in a few points here and there
Damn you guys are relentless. Lol

i actually think his floor is that of Morgan Reilly..

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

More in the mold of Noah Dobson than Brett Pesce and for sure, top pairing potential.

Reactions: Tyson

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Agree - But how high as a top pair is the unknown IMO. Can he develop into a Pietrangelo / Slavin type or greater 1D…only time will tell of course

Guhle is more Slavin type of D.

Reinbacher is in the mold of Pietrangelo//Dobson//Seider.

Guhle and Reinbacher have talent and potential to have the impact of that for MTL, I'm confident with that statement.

We need to have high expectations too. Drafting 5th overall and having expectations that Reinbacher become a D like these, it's normal.

Reinbacher have show really good things so far, 22 pts in 46 games at NLA in his rookie year it's impressive. Pre-season with Habs, really good and 11 games with Laval, really good aswell!!

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I just don't see the point of giving him the 1D pietrangelo seider dobson shoe right away. But you guys are right he is a 5th overall and perhaps he should have those expectations placed on him because of draft position.

Maybe its just because of the franchise I root for but I would never count my chickens before they hatch, same thing with the Michkov character smear that fefans are running away with to feel good lol. Its actually embarassing , but not suprising knowing this fanbase. Michkov was minced meat the second we took demidov , hilarious how that works , double down on the cope boys!

Its easy to speak about prospect absolutes and everybody becoming a first liner in the offseason summer threads I guess

Like reading Kevskillz posts its the same exact same discourse he had on Galchenyuk Beaulieu Tinordi Scherbak , I'm just saying lets stay a little bit humble here fella's

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He has more offensive potential than Pesce. If we are talking about his ceiling it would be more Slavin.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
In 2019, I prayed very hard that Caufield drops to 15th, to us. Luckily, we got Caufield. In 2022, I prayed that teams ignore Hutson and we could get him. We are fortunate to have Hutson. Same thing happens in 2024 with Demidov.

In 2023, I wished that one of those players is available to us: Carlsson, Fantalli or Smith. Unfortunately, none was available. I was sad to see them drafted one by one before our turn. Then, our turn comes, Michkov, Leonard or Benson would be a nice consolation prize. But.....

In 2018, I prayed hard that we could draft Svechnikov, unfortunately he was picked just before us. In 2012, I wanted Forsberg, instead of Galchenyuk.

The list goes on and on. I don't want to boast myself or whatever, but I think I'm rarely wrong with the players that I want us to draft. And needless to say that I was sad in 2023 draft. However, I wish that I'm wrong. Go Reinbacher go.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
In 2019, I prayed very hard that Caufield drops to 15th, to us. Luckily, we got Caufield. In 2022, I prayed that teams ignore Hutson and we could get him. We are fortunate to have Hutson. Same thing happens in 2024 with Demidov.

In 2023, I wished that one of those players is available to us: Carlsson, Fantalli or Smith. Unfortunately, none was available. I was sad to see them drafted one by one before our turn. Then, our turn comes, Michkov, Leonard or Benson would be a nice consolation prize. But.....

In 2018, I prayed hard that we could draft Svechnikov, unfortunately he was picked just before us. In 2012, I wanted Forsberg, instead of Galchenyuk.

The list goes on and on. I don't want to boast myself or whatever, but I think I'm rarely wrong with the players that I want us to draft. And needless to say that I was sad in 2023 draft. However, I wish that I'm wrong. Go Reinbacher go.

You wanted Wright in 2022.

Why isnt it highlighted in your particular attempt to bash the Reinbacher pick based on a couple of good wish from yours that aged well?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
You wanted Wright in 2022.

I think everyone wanted Wright in 2022, the hype of Wright was there since 15 years old.

But my final ranking have been:

1 - Wright.
2 - Slafkovsky.
3 - Cooley.

Before the draft, I always said that I wanted one of Wright, Cooley or Slafkovsky. When Hughes have said on conference they will go between these 3 forwards and going with the highest upside. I'm always thinking about Cooley or Slafkovsky.

I still believe that Slafkovsky and Cooley have the highest upside in 2022 draft in forwards. But Slafkovsky unreal package, will make him the best player in this draft!

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad