Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Me too. I just imagine Demidov is available at 2023 draft and I would take him over Michkov, Leonard and Benson.

If Reinbacher have been available at 2024, I would take him over Iginla, Dickinson, Parekh, for sure.

The duo Demidov - Reinbacher is better than Michkov - Parekh or Yakemchuk (I put only RD's), 100%.
100% !!!!!!! Man not a single person has played an NHL game brother.....................

200w (1).gif

Reactions: HabsQC

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I was about to write something similar.

Reinbacher's biggest challenge at the NHL level will be the attention a high draft pick gets in Montréal. Now add the Michkov comparison. Having Demidov (and a buch of other prospects coming too) will help insulate him from the attention.

He did a good, steady and impressive job in Laval and not much was said about it in the medias. Just like he would have liked I'm sure.
Don't worry michkov and torts upcoming war will take some of that attention away

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Demidov and Reinbacher both play more complete games than the other three. Overall we drafted the better duo of prospects
I like them but saying this with such certainty when Rein had a messy D+1 year and Demidov was just drafted is interesting. But I suppose its the teams board so its fine

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I like them but saying this with such certainty when Rein had a messy D+1 year and Demidov was just drafted is interesting. But I suppose its the teams board so its fine
Messy D+1 year? Man, you’re tough on prospects. Reinbacher did incredibly well considering 3 coaches in one season in the NL, still putting up over 20 points while not getting top minutes. Then comes in and plays incredibly well in the AHL. He is going to be a stud. Demidov has all the skill and seemingly the drive( thank God). Between the two you barely hear any negatives or glaring needs for improvement to make the jump.

Michkov as talented as he is has a fair bit of exposure for attitude( SKA sending him to Sochi twice) one way play etc. Parekh and Yakemchuk are both going to be offensive D, but both leave a lot to be desired defensively.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I hope you guys are right with all that Demidov + Reinbacher being the best picks, but if we could go back I'd still do Michkov + Demidov. I crave for offense.

In the Demidov vs Michkov thread, many say that Michkov will be the best at offense, while Demidov will be the best player overall (while still capable of elite offense).

And it seems the recent cup teams all had 2 (or more) elite offensive weapons.

Crosby-Malkin
Connor-Leon
Barkov-Tkachuk
Kane-Toews

And I could go on...

Anyway, from what I heard from Lapointe, they got scared by Michkov because of uncertainties, but I think he was the BPA. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: NORiculous

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I hope you guys are right with all that Demidov + Reinbacher being the best picks, but if we could go back I'd still do Michkov + Demidov. I crave for offense.

In the Demidov vs Michkov thread, many say that Michkov will be the best at offense, while Demidov will be the best player overall (while still capable of elite offense).

Crosby-Malkin
Connor-Leon
Barkov-Tkachuk
Kane-Toews

And I could go on...

Anyway, from what I heard from Lapointe, they got scared by Michkov because of uncertainties, but I think he was the BPA. Hope I'm wrong.
At this year's draft, Bobrov confirmed that his deep roots on the SKA organization gave him more info on Demidov than available to other people.

If he has all that info on Demidov, you can bet he has just as much on Michkov. It is not uncertainties that made the team look elsewhere. It is a combination of different factors including lack of pace and ordinary skating, producing offense from a non standard way (which may not mesh with a highly organized style of play where the 5 man unit needs to play with great cohesion). Then, I believe that you can add poor attitude and probably hard to coach on top of it.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Crosby-Malkin
Connor-Leon
Barkov-Tkachuk
Kane-Toews

And I could go on...

No the 'uncertainties' was the easy out for why they didn't pick the player. You aren't going to see the GM, Pres or Head Scouts go out there and say they weren't taking Michkov because he has bad character, bad attitude, and shows no intention of ever being in his defensive zone.

The scout/political speech was one thing, what actually put them off of him was the concerns about the individual and his character, that's why the CULTURE word was used with Reinbacher.. and then they were concerned about his size and stature in a top 6 that already had Caufield, and then they had problems with the fact that he wasn't a willing player in his own defensive zone, he didn't have to be good, he had to be willing, and he wasn't.

The obviously respect his offensive talent but they are looking at other things as ingredients to building a winner and he didn't check the boxes for them. It's pretty clear now that he didn't because when faced with a similar decision a year later, they were beyond ecstatic to take Demidov.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Crosby-Malkin
Connor-Leon
Barkov-Tkachuk
Kane-Toews

And I could go on...

We have Slaf-Demidov

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Hope, he'll be able to have a full year in the AHL without any injuries. He had a great first 11 games with Laval. I think his play in transition is already at NHL level, but he needs to polish his defensive game more. Great gap control, but he needs to clean his game in the defensive zone to have better reads and position. He'll be 20 y/o around season starts, let him develop a full year in the AHL.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013

Crosby-Malkin
Connor-Leon
Barkov-Tkachuk
Kane-Toews

And I could go on...

But it's been rumoured that Michkov was basically saying no thanks to some teams, like Jagr in his days. So we may have never been able to have play even if we drafted him.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I watched at least 4/5 games of Laval wirh Reinbacher. He was really impressive. To be the best Dman at 19 years old is impressive itself. He is big, and he skates like the wind. He enter in the Ozone like a truck. Imo he is a top 2 dman in the NHL in 3 years

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Crosby-Malkin
Connor-Leon
Barkov-Tkachuk
Kane-Toews

And I could go on...

Slafkovsky and Demidov are perfect to me. Slafkovsky is huge elite talent, everyone like Michkov, but I'd rather have the total package of Slafkovsky and can put 90 pts+ per season aswell. He scored 20 goals at 19 years old, but he have everything the be more than a 20 goalscorer, 30-35 with a ton of assists like between 50-60a.

Suzuki can be better than 77 pts per season. I see in him a 30-35g and 50-55a type of guy with his elite two-way game aswell.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I do expect him to have a massive start with the Rocket and being with the Habs after Christmas and probably finishing the year on the top 4.

One of the players I'm most excited to see this season - along with Hutson, Mailloux, Guhle, Xhekaj, Struble, Engstrom, Matheson, Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Roy, Beck, Kapanen, F. Xhekaj, Demidov, Hage, and Fowler.

Exciting time to be a Habs fan.

Last edited:

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Suzuki can be better than 77 pts per season. I see in him a 30-35g and 50-55a type of guy with his elite two-way game aswell.
While I think that’s true, he could also improve overall and produce less if specific circumstances happens.

Example: Dach explodes and becomes a clear #1 C, gets top PP with Slaf, Demidov, Hutson and Caufield. That would put Suzuki on the 2nd PP and 2nd line.

You can replace the guys I posted with anyone else that would be deserving. It just to show a scenario where Suzuki could improve and produce less.

Anyhow, even if Dach doesn’t break out, Suzuki will become the 3rd best player of the team, it’s a good thing. Slaf and Demidov will create that.

Producing 75ish points while facing the toughest of opposition is still real real good.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Slafkovsky and Demidov are perfect to me. Slafkovsky is huge elite talent, everyone like Michkov, but I'd rather have the total package of Slafkovsky and can put 90 pts+ per season aswell. He scored 20 goals at 19 years old, but he have everything the be more than a 20 goalscorer, 30-35 with a ton of assists like between 50-60a.

I don’t like michkov , never did . Probably never will .
Read so much about what a shit person he is and I don’t that type of person on my team … be it a player like him or a coach like Therrien.
I think he will score in the league but won’t be anything close to what some believe .
I might be wrong but that’s what I honestly think

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I don’t like michkov , never did . Probably never will .
Read so much about what a shit person he is and I don’t that type of person on my team … be it a player like him or a coach like Therrien.
I think he will score in the league but won’t be anything close to what some believe .
I might be wrong but that’s what I honestly think

I think that's why Habs scouts hesitate between Leonard and Reinbacher. They don't wanted a player like him to potentially destroy the culture.

They don't hesitate to pick Demidov, because he have oustanding attitude.

Slaf, Reinbacher and Demidov have all oustanding attitude!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad