Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not to mention, you can teach a player to improve their defensive game.

What I'm curious for Michkov is his coacc at SKA saying that the agreement to let Michkov play for Philly is in the condition he plays on the top line. Or else they will call him back to the KHL. And my curiosity is mainly how Torts will handle that. Because if there's one thing he doesn't do is hand players ice time and opportunities.
The top line comment appears to be an error in translation. I believe his SKA coach meant top club (ie Michkov not ending up in the AHL). I’ve seen a few individuals make the distinction but not an official translator.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not to mention, you can teach a player to improve their defensive game.

What I'm curious for Michkov is his coacc at SKA saying that the agreement to let Michkov play for Philly is in the condition he plays on the top line. Or else they will call him back to the KHL. And my curiosity is mainly how Torts will handle that. Because if there's one thing he doesn't do is hand players ice time and opportunities.

Got to ask yourself why did they have him on loan? If SKA believed in him that much, they would have facilitated a spot for him and groomed him with limited min's like it was with Romanov. Now they have agreed to terminate the contract. Why? I would assume that if they had high hopes for him, they would have had him play out this coming year at least. Get some value of him on the ice and helping them win.

Something tells me there is a behind the scenes deal where money was transferred (somehow). And SKA said, sure, we get money out of it for a player they had to specially manage.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Again, of course we will only know when we know. This is all about projections.
Kucherov is as rare as heiskanen/makar in his own right. So there's no guarantee any prospect will match his hall of Fame career either.

Yeah, there is no guarantees. The point is it's rare. Reinbacher to me is someone like H Lindholm... Or he might have some sort of game like Dobson. Some sort of mix between the two is my guess.

Reactions: 417

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The top line comment appears to be an error in translation. I believe his SKA coach meant top club (ie Michkov not ending up in the AHL). I’ve seen a few individuals make the distinction but not an official translator.

Regardless, any KHL team interested in winning being happy to let a player go with 2 years left on his contract, who is supposed to be a 'challenger to Bedard' makes you question a few things.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Did you prorate to 82 games?

It doesn't really matter if you do per game or per 60 minutes.

Using points to judge D-men is generally a really, really bad idea.

In large part because D productions is inordinately driven by PP time, PP usage and PP quality.

If you were to look at ES production for D, over a large sample outside of the elite offensive producers (like 10 to 15 guys, maybe 20), there aren't significant differences over a massive group of D-men.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So there’s zero chance they’ll pick a D even he’s the BPA in their rankings? If both Demidov and Lindstrom are gonzo, Iginla or whoever will have to be deemed better than whatever D drops. That would give rise to an interesting outcome.

Agreed. Habs need to be ready for many different scenarios. If both Iggy and Demidov are taken 1-4, I would have problems with who I pick at 5.

Personally, I am not sold on all those D becoming top pairing quality. I do see a lot of top 4D quality though. I think that's why they are ranked well. Who doesn't like top 4D? Habs would then be in a situation where we are picking a top 4D or a top 6F.

Question: How many top line forwards and top pairing D are in this draft (or top 13)?

Reactions: bsl

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Have you guys watched a habs game? Our entire team camps at the blueline and blows the zone for offence. The 19 year old Slovak is the only guy that stays back to support the Dmen with a controlled breakout on the whole team during the whole year lol so its pretty ironic that you guys are talking about how Michkov is not a 200 foot player lol.

Its a bad argument , as if we are too good for cherry pickers like McDavid Draisaitl Kucherov Panarin Pasta. Lol. Can't make this up.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So michkov isn't "one of the most intense/competitive players in the world" as you stated?
Or are you saying that camping at the red line is a competitive way to play playoff hockey?
Since when is cheating offensively "not being intense"? Mcdavid also cheats offensively.

Have you guys watched a habs game? Our entire team camps at the blueline and blows the zone for offence. The 19 year old Slovak is the only guy that stays back to support the Dmen with a controlled breakout on the whole team during the whole year lol so its pretty ironic that you guys are talking about how Michkov is not a 200 foot player lol.

Its a bad argument , as if we are too good for cherry pickers like McDavid Draisaitl Kucherov Panarin Pasta. Lol. Can't make this up.
Been too good for cherry pickers for 40 years now

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Did you prorate to 82 games?

50pts & 50pt pace are 2 different things...

But, regardless
Fla #1D (pts) 39p/79g
Fla #2D (pts) 33p/66g

Nyr #2d (pts) 31/76g
(Gustafsson is definitely not their 2nd best or most used dman)

EDM #2d (pts) 45p/79g
(Nurse is the 2nd most used dman, he put up 32 pts)

Dallas #2d (pts) 47p/79g

Even prorated, no 50pt plateau.

Reactions: DAChampion

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, there is no guarantees. The point is it's rare. Reinbacher to me is someone like H Lindholm... Or he might have some sort of game like Dobson. Some sort of mix between the two is my guess.
Yes so again, in my opinion michkov projects more as a regular season superstar who loses some effectiveness in the playoffs(still a great player potentially ala panarin/gaudreau), where Reinbacher projects as a 25 minute+ playoff performer type defensemen. Jmo

All of those guys have to cut that crap out to win in the playoffs. Let's be serious here.
Since when is cheating offensively "not being intense"? Mcdavid also cheats offensively.

Been too good for cherry pickers for 40 years now
Cheating your responsibility anywhere on the ice is a recipe for golfing in the spring. This much is undeniable.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yes so again, in my opinion michkov projects more as a regular season superstar who loses some effectiveness in the playoffs(still a great player potentially ala panarin/gaudreau), where Reinbacher projects as a 25 minute+ playoff performer type defensemen. Jmo

All of those guys have to cut that crap out to win in the playoffs. Let's be serious here.

Cheating your responsibility anywhere on the ice is a recipe for golfing in the spring. This much is undeniable.
Kane is one of the winningest player in recent history and he's a known cherry pickers, ditto Malkin, ditto Kessel, ditto Kucherov. Like come on.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Regardless, any KHL team interested in winning being happy to let a player go with 2 years left on his contract, who is supposed to be a 'challenger to Bedard' makes you question a few things.
Playing hockey in a country waging war is already a quagmire. I wouldn’t read too much into anything Russian hockey decision makers do or don’t do at this particular time.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I don't believe Michkov will be the next Yakupov. The question for me is does he have 80+ pts of production in the NHL and doesn't come with attitude problems.
Exactly the questions that surrounded Yakupov.

Then he turned out to have attitude problems and didn't pan out. Same could happen with Michkov.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Exactly the questions that surrounded Yakupov.

Then he turned out to have attitude problems and didn't pan out. Same could happen with Michkov.

I can't remember which scout said this but it made me laugh.

He described yakupov's playing style as a guy who is being chased by bees. It has stuck with me now that if I see a highlight pack of him, I just hear consistent buzzing.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Playing hockey in a country waging war is already a quagmire. I wouldn’t read too much into anything Russian hockey decision makers do or don’t do at this particular time.
The same club has no issues having an Hurricanes 22 years old prospect as their captain (one year left to his contract). The way SKA has been handling Michkov is unique.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Naive question perhaps but how does Ryan McDonagh stack up against David Reinbacher?

McDonagh is a well-respected minute-eating 'skilled' dman who was top-pair in his prime, in terms of production he's below 0.5 PPG career but was around or a touch above 0.5 PPG during his peak (in a lower-scoring era).

Reactions: DAChampion

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Naive question perhaps but how does Ryan McDonagh stack up against David Reinbacher?

McDonagh is a well-respected minute-eating 'skilled' dman who was top-pair in his prime, in terms of production he's below 0.5 PPG career but was around or a touch above 0.5 PPG during his peak (in a lower-scoring era).

Some sort of mix between McDonagh, H Lindholm, Dobson. I think H Lindholm is a good comparison if Reinbacher focuses on D primarily.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Reinbacher is playing worse and worse as the off-season goes on...

NK0r5nt.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad