Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
People think I'm stuck on just Michkov but I would have been thrilled with Leonard. To be honest I have some issues with Michkov, he looks like a 'me player' in Philly, dude celebrates just a little too hard in the preseason has a bit of Gilbert Dionne in him. I just don't see the upside in Reinbacher, but I'm happy to eat my words maybe 5 YEARS down the road at this rate.

I think Leonard is going to be a great player. One of my favorites from that draft as well. He has everything I like in a winger.
You could see the skillset of PK, Keith, Lidstrom but thus far I haven't seen the offensive upside I'm hoping for in a #5 pick.
I don't think Reinbacher has that upside either. Maybe a 40 point guy, maybe 50, but I would guess 30-40.

Trenbohabs

Sep 25, 2024
I think Leonard is going to be a great player. One of my favorites from that draft as well. He has everything I like in a winger.

I don't think Reinbacher has that upside either. Maybe a 40 point guy, maybe 50, but I would guess 30-40.
My POV is that Hutson will be the offensive guy, its totally fine for Reinbacher to play a Pietrangelo style rather than a Makar style, hes going to have a tremendous impact if he can get a bit more physical, which scares me a bit since hes an Euro player

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
My POV is that Hutson will be the offensive guy, its totally fine for Reinbacher to play a Pietrangelo style rather than a Makar style, hes going to have a tremendous impact if he can get a bit more physical, which scares me a bit since hes an Euro player
I would be over the moon if Reinbacher became a Pietrangelo type of defenseman, who's, imo, one of the very best D in the last 10-15 years.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
people did not see the upside of Subban, Weber, Keith, Lidstrom, Faber, the list goes on and on and on. Thats my hope!

back in the day I got so much shit because I ranked Subban over McDonagh while he was still in the OHL. I must of gotten over a 100 but how can Subban be ranked higher if he was picked in the 2nd round vs the 12th OA pick.

It's funny what people say at the time, in hindsight they know everything but at the time of often not as much as they think. Too many posters just seem to live to say no you are wrong and I am right, blah blah blah for 5 page of nonsense talking about things they can't really even know.

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
He just looks so much like Shea Weber to me and management even showed him videos when he was trying to do a little too much in the early part of his season last year. They basically said thos is what we see you as. This is what you are capable of being. Shea Weber. That's who I see. And that would be phenomenal. Him and ghule shutting things down on the penalty kill will be a brick wall

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Yeah those are lofty expectations imo , crossing my fingers no doubt
If everything goes perfectly, his ceiling is definitely in that range. He might also end up being a Rasmus Andersson type of player, which is a very important player on a cup contender, especially when you have a Hutson type of player in your line-up.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
What we need is a defensive monster who can also contribute offensively. That's what i think Reinbacher will be. He's what we desperately need on the right side imo. A dman you can pair with Guhle for critical defensive moments at the end of a game or against a team that has a crazy good top line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad