Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
With Reinbacher it wasn’t a freak knee injury or was it a dime a dozen body check that anyone should’ve been able to take

Some people complain, others complain about the complainers, there’s no real difference. Everyone is a whiner.
The body check wasn’t the problem. His leg twisted in a weird way on the boards when he fell. It is in fact a freak injury.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Let's not be as soft as the current Habs team. I'm with Oz on this, and wish there was more thick-skin folks and free speech not only on this board, but in society in general.

Bustbacher is quite ridiculous though. Way too early to label him a bust, but I do understand the frustration of the last few days affecting the judgment of a few members.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I agree, but I am countering someone who is almost trying (or is trying) to make it seem like we need to go IN now and our window is now open and the clock is ticking.

The reality is... we are not ready at all.

Yeah....

Bustbacher should have just ate the hit, fell on his ass, and carried on.

Instead he tried to land on his foot after getting hit.
No, I'm not making the point that we need to go all in. I'm making the point that we need to stop tanking. Some kind of middle ground. We still have Anderson and Gallagher in the top 9 and that is as big a tanking move as you could make. It would've been so easy to upgrade on them.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
@Lafleurs Guy if the out of town thread gets to remain an oversaturated Michkov fan club;

Surely you'd consider doing more on a thread actually dedicated to our prospect?

Because if you're gonna take such a hard stance on the obvious over exposure in one thread to that particular player and the whole reason even the mundane they accomplish is brought up, we should provide stricter rules here?

Using a freak knee injury to the player to talk about how they shouldn't have been picked? Using an injury to being up "BPA" which we know is the thinnest veiled way to try to bring Michkov into this discussion? Using terms like Bustbacher and other general terms of disrespect toward a nice 19 year old kid who has already been cyber bullied on draft night, by many of the people who complained they get backlash about posting clips of Michkov skating to the bench in the out of town thread?

Like always it seems a concerted effort on the boards part to protect the actual toxic behavior on the board rather than stop it. Honestly, putting your foot down on posts calling out toxic and obsessive behavior is being deemed worse than the cess pool of this thread? The discourse around Reinbacher since he was drafted? The same cast of characters who did it against Slafkovsky too?

Lets really think this through and determine what needs to be shut down first.
Normally I’d delete this and send a PM but since so many have seen and commented, I’ll answer here.

The Michkov stuff can go in the Out of Town thread. I specifically put a note there the other day for that reason. It’s fine to discuss but that stuff is not going to permeate two threads. If that starts happening report it and it will be cleaned up - either deleted or moved.

It’s also fine for people to question whether we shouldn’t have drafted RB fifth overall here. Maybe they feel he was selected too high…. That’s a separate question and fair game - but the Michkov stuff should go elsewhere.

So yeah, people can argue we shouldn’t have taken him. But we’ll be watching to ensure things don’t go overboard. Going forward, please put this kind of thing in a PM please.

Anyone wishing to discuss this further can also semd a PM.

Thanks.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That's fair, and tbh I don't disagree,

The thing that's always in the back of my mind though..

If we're gonna miss the playoffs and/or get bounced in round 1 almost surely, maybe we're better off to tank a bit more.... to ensure a better draft position.

I'm well aware this is like an addict begging for 'one more' - just one more tank... one more.. last one I promise, lol.

Ultimately, if the team was rolling, playing well, racking up points, of course I'd be excited and rooting for em.

I guess where I have difficulty is.. we need that to happen organically, and not by infusing XYZ UFA or trading or XYZ veteran and derailing our rebuild, which luckily we know Hughes/Gorton will not do.

So, if we play good and get points, I'm in, but I won't sit here and wish for it, especially because I can also see the value of 2025 draft with all our 1st rounders, and Demidov coming over next year!
We need to lose to win, but we also need to win to win. Think of a contender as a big ass train engine. Takes a while to get going and it's slow to start but when it goes it goes. We need to see some kind of progression, and I'm not talking about the 23 to 24 copium progression of having "10 more points" while having 1 less win and scoring only 5 more goals. No, we need to score more goals, win more games, allow less goals, start to build an identity. Right now this team is as vanilla as vanilla gets.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As for my own opinion, I think it’s silly to write off a prospect before he’s even played in the NHL but we all remember the Slaf thread…

That thread was littered with embarrassing posts by posters who wrote him off so early. In the end they looked pretty foolish.

Some people never learn.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Let's not be as soft as the current Habs team. I'm with Oz on this, and wish there was more thick-skin folks and free speech not only on this board, but in society in general.

Bustbacher is quite ridiculous though. Way too early to label him a bust, but I do understand the frustration of the last few days affecting the judgment of a few members.
Absolutely fair game discussion. But the same discussion shouldn’t saturate two threads. Michkov stuff can go in the Out of Town. I posted this the other day.

The RB thread was already shut down because of back and forth crap. This new thread will be policed a little tighter.

We get it. Conversations spill over into different topics and this lends itself to that discussion, but we’ve got another thread for that. Go there for all things Michkov. You’re free to say what you want on it over there. Nobody is stifling free speech or opinion but there’s a proper thread for it.

Thanks.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
@Lafleurs Guy if the out of town thread gets to remain an oversaturated Michkov fan club;

Surely you'd consider doing more on a thread actually dedicated to our prospect?

Because if you're gonna take such a hard stance on the obvious over exposure in one thread to that particular player and the whole reason even the mundane they accomplish is brought up, we should provide stricter rules here?

Using a freak knee injury to the player to talk about how they shouldn't have been picked? Using an injury to being up "BPA" which we know is the thinnest veiled way to try to bring Michkov into this discussion? Using terms like Bustbacher and other general terms of disrespect toward a nice 19 year old kid who has already been cyber bullied on draft night, by many of the people who complained they get backlash about posting clips of Michkov skating to the bench in the out of town thread?

Like always it seems a concerted effort on the boards part to protect the actual toxic behavior on the board rather than stop it. Honestly, putting your foot down on posts calling out toxic and obsessive behavior is being deemed worse than the cess pool of this thread? The discourse around Reinbacher since he was drafted? The same cast of characters who did it against Slafkovsky too?

Lets really think this through and determine what needs to be shut down first.

Habs fans on these boards have a long record of saying that players that get injured in their post draft years were bad picks.

Is it poor judgement?

Yes.

But it's also conventional judgment.

We need to lose to win, but we also need to win to win.
AR2015_Homological_1-300x300-animated-15fps-32color.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Mrb1p

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Habs fans on these boards have a long record of saying that players that get injured in their post draft years were bad picks.

Is it poor judgement?

Yes.

But it's also conventional judgment.
I mean… this guy’s career hasn’t even started yet and people are all over him. It’s brutal. Same thing happened with Slaf. I don’t get how people haven’t learned that it takes time to show what you can do.

The injury hopefully isn’t too serious. If it is, you can be sure we’ll hear how we shouldn’t have drafted someone who doesn’t know how to protect himself etc…

Reactions: chaosrevolver

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Two things that makes me cringe about his selection.

-He failed so bad his combine interview with us, that the Habs brass were far from being sure about him anymore. They even decided to make a second interview with him later. Always easier when you already know the questions! ;)

-He was already in knee braces the day of the draft with historic of knee injuries.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

-He failed so bad his combine interview with us, that the Habs brass were far from being sure about him anymore. They even decided to make a second interview with him later. Always easier when you already know the questions! ;)

-He was already in knee braces the day of the draft.
Interviews shouldn’t hold much weight in my opinion. Some guys just aren’t comfortable talking about themselves. It doesn’t mean that they’re meaningless- some guys who are arrogant for example will reveal it - but the play is so much more important.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Interviews shouldn’t hold much weight in my opinion. Some guys just aren’t comfortable talking about themselves. It doesn’t mean that they’re meaningless- some guys who are arrogant for example will reveal it - but the play is so much more important.

Well i think the interview holds a lot of weight too. You can see how smart a person is. How dump a person is really is. His personality, etc. Especially in a market like here, interviews are important.

Reactions: Levard

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

-He was already in knee braces the day of the draft with historic of knee injuries.

Do you have a link about the interview thing ? Never heard about that one before. So you also know what injuries he was dealing with ? I recall they had nothing to do with his ligaments.

Reactions: Levard

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
While we are all upset at what happened to Laine it is just as bad (i would say worse) with how this will affect Reinbacher's development. He is part of the future core and losing a year of development is concerning.

Reactions: LaP and Andrei79

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
While we are all upset at what happened to Laine it is just as bad (i would say worse) with how this will affect Reinbacher's development. He is part of the future core and losing a year of development is concerning.
I'd be really surprised if RB's out for a year.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

The judgment is affected after every win or lost. As i always say this board is insuferable untill january. This is this way every year.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Trenbohabs

Sep 25, 2024
A RD. Larsson is ready to be dealt.

A top 9 forward. Robertson could've been that guy for free but we're scared.

Were ready to start competing for the POs. This team is good but the bad is so bad that it's dragging us down.
A rebuild takes 5 years minimum, please be patient as the habs have many bad contracts. They will push for the playoffs once anderson and gallagher are off the roster and Demidov is playing his 2nd year while adding possibly Hage and another top 5 this year. Even healthy this team was finishing bottom 6. Now we are adding 2 new defenders to our already young and terribly bad defending core with Hutson and Mailloux. This team needs another Demidov type of player to form an elite 1st line with Slaf and Demidov.

Reactions: LaP

Montrealcowboys

Jan 7, 2020
How are we wasting prime years of our core when our core has not even hit their stride yet??

What generational talent was up for grabs with our pick that we passed on?

What does flavour of the week even mean?
Suzuki is 25. He might have some upside, but he's closer to 30 than 20 chronologically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad