F Tynan Lawrence - Shattuck St. Mary's 16U AAA, 16U AAA (2026 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is he going the NCAA route? I would think he'd otherwise be one of the top picks for the QMJHL draft.

I thought he was one of Canada's best forwards at the YOG. Two-way center, with size, good skating, and some offense. I think he's not getting enough discussion right now.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Is he going the NCAA route? I would think he'd otherwise be one of the top picks for the QMJHL draft.

I thought he was one of Canada's best forwards at the YOG. Two-way center, with size, good skating, and some offense. I think he's not getting enough discussion right now.
Quick question.

Why are there only stats for the USA and Czech players at the YOG at elite prospects?

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

Don't know. He's a top 3 player available for the Q draft for sure tho. His bro played in the Q so we'll see I guess.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Don't know. He's a top 3 player available for the Q draft for sure tho. His bro played in the Q so we'll see I guess.
and the Q route failed him in regards to being an NHL draft pick despite him being a hell of an offensive contributor. I wouldn‘t blame his family to push him NCAA.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
and the Q route failed him in regards to being an NHL draft pick despite him being a hell of an offensive contributor. I wouldn‘t blame his family to push him NCAA.
To be fair, his brother wasn't failed by the Q. He just wasn't good enough. He's smaller than Tynan and didn't take off until his 19 years old season, that happens.

I do think he could have been signed in the AHL this summer, don't know why he went the europe route but it should suit his style well.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Hockey East (BU, BC specifically) as well as Michigan very happy with him tendering in the USHL. Wonder if Ben Barr & Maine make a push for him since Orono isn't that far from Fredericton, NB.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
#10 pick in the Q draft by Chicoutimi. Pretty high so I would assume there's a chance he forgoes the Muskegon/NCAA path? Then again, he was also their second pick in the first round so perhaps could still just be a flier, with the hope of convincing him?

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
#10 pick in the Q draft by Chicoutimi. Pretty high so I would assume there's a chance he forgoes the Muskegon/NCAA path? Then again, he was also their second pick in the first round so perhaps could still just be a flier, with the hope of convincing him?
Virtually 0 chance. Either they get an offer from a team he would report to (not likely) or they've essentially traded 2024 10oa for 2025 10oa.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

The Chicoutimi GM didnt sound too confident they can convince him tbh.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah I think it was a gamble by Chicoutimi with a team that is already loaded with young talent and the promise of keeping the pick next year if/when he doesn't report. I also wouldn't be shocked if they did it to keep him out of the hands of Halifax who may have been more likely to get him to actually report.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Yeah I think it was a gamble by Chicoutimi with a team that is already loaded with young talent and the promise of keeping the pick next year if/when he doesn't report. I also wouldn't be shocked if they did it to keep him out of the hands of Halifax who may have been more likely to get him to actually report.
I think he was going to come to Halifax for sure...Chicoutimi knew this and picked him, either he plays for them or no one gets him...back when i was scouting teams are trying to stop these type of negotiations where players play NCAA route then go to big teams like Halifax and Quebec (who where the two worst for doing this)....Charlie Henry wanted to also have a different draft for players that never committed to the QMJHL so that teams never had to waste a pick on trying to call bluffs but the league never went for it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad