Player Discussion David Perron (LW) 2 years, 4M per

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He's on CiH right now,

Shameless “plagiarism” by Brent Wallace at the beginning.
First question tries to make a joke word for word that they made on 1200 a couple days ago. Made it awkward and imo embarrassing. Terrible.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure what your point is to be honest.

Stepan and Burrows being productive on the PP is another reason to lump Perron into the same category with them. They're older declining players who's positives don't outweigh their cons in the larger picture.

Tarasenko doesn't rely on the PP as much as Perron does and never has, but he is still an effective even-strength player, even if he's not the fastest.

My whole point is critiquing the Perron acquisition because its in the same area as the Stepan trade and Burrows extension. Perron might be better than those two, I'm not penalizing him for being effective on the PP, i'm critiquing him because he isn't going to be doing much else aside from the intangibles he'll bring because I don't think those intangibles are going to help us as much as all situations production like we'll get with someone like Tarasenko or the plethora of other FAs we could've signed.
Lazy narrative comparing Perron to those two players. Burrows never had his talent and was declining way faster he came off a 22 points in 79 game season. Stepan didnt want to be here and couldnt skate at all. He was coming off of 28 points in 70 games.

Perron just had 47 points in 76 games.

Neither of those players and situations are similar. Neither of those players had cups and multiple runs. While Burrows played with an edge he was not nearly the same level player.

They targeted players with hockey sense that are versatile competitors. Clearly something Dorion A. Couldnt identify and B. Didnt know how to build a room or culture.

People keep repeating that intangibles and leadership wont help or arent needed. When this team had zero culture and leadership. Tkachuk and Giroux clearly need more help. Alfie and Jacques were in the room reporting directly to Staios. Do you honestly think they have no clue what they are talking about?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Great interview... This guy pumps you up. I think he's going to be exactly what the doctor ordered as far as upping the leadership on this team.
He's going to make a difference bringing a winner's attitude to the team. How many games did we admire Giroux's no quit game last year .. Our youngish core can give more and having another guy in the room and on the ice to bring that out is the hope, Amadio and Jensen's play and attitude should help that as well.

I wouldn't mind adding another vet 4C that is good defensively and on the PK. Bonino comes to mind maybe a good PTO candidate if he remains unsigned, Rem Pitlick a bit of a tweener could be another PTO type.
I like what Perron said during the interview. He sounds like he will be a great addition to the team.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He might be a tough guy to play against with good on-the-board play and puck protection, but $4 million for that and while scoring at a 50pt space, while slowing down is puts him in the same category as declining Stepan and Burrows.

I don’t recall a declining Burrows or Stepan putting up 50 points.
How much do you think 50 point UFA players make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad