Upcoming games you're looking forward to

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
RGG is showing off their next game in late September, it definitely won't be Kiwami 3
Probably something related to Judgement if i had to guess. Could be looking too much into it but it does seem like they've indirectly set up a release cycle with how they've lined up their games

Mainline Yakuza -> judgement game -> random Yakuza side projects/remake -> repeat

Reactions: Jovavic

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Probably something related to Judgement if i had to guess. Could be looking too much into it but it does seem like they've indirectly set up a release cycle with how they've lined up their games

Mainline Yakuza -> judgement game -> random Yakuza side projects/remake -> repeat
Huge fan of the Judgment games and some of the characters cameos in the last few Yakuzas

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
2 weeks (plus a day) away from Wukong!

1722870161370.png

Looking like everything is all set to go for the August 20th launch. Can't remember the last time I've looked forward to a game this much for this long.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
2 weeks (plus a day) away from Wukong!

View attachment 899235

Looking like everything is all set to go for the August 20th launch. Can't remember the last time I've looked forward to a game this much for this long.
I just watched the two videos they have up on the PS Store and I love the character/monster designs and the sense of scale is very impressive! They didn't show any gameplay, what's it supposed to play like?

• Love
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I just watched the two videos they have up on the PS Store and I love the character/monster designs and the sense of scale is very impressive! They didn't show any gameplay, what's it supposed to play like?
According to the wiki:
Black Myth Wukong Wiki said:
The combat in Black Myth: Wukong places a great emphasis on speed and relentless offense instead of slower, and calculated attacks like you'd see from Dark Souls. Due to the nature of Sun Wukong, he is known for his great speed and strength, so making the most of his agility will be crucial in attaining victory between combat encounters. And since you can dodge almost instantaneously, players would be able to make use of their fast reflexes and dodge at a moment's notice.
I like that they made an intentional distinction from Dark Souls. It seems like every kind of game like this that comes out immediately gets tagged as "Souls-like" or somehow compared to Souls.

There's no blocking, so dodging is the main defensive maneuver. Wukong is also known for his ability to shape-shift, so there will be a variety of different forms that you can assume and these will each have their own abilities and uses, combat and otherwise. I'm sure this will add a TON of variety in how you can interact with the world and perform combat.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
One is already out I just don't have it yet, and that's paper Mario thousand year door.

Then there is Legend of Zelda Echos of wisdom, I'm all in on ANYTHING Zelda can't wait for the movie.

Mario and Luigi brothership.

Another one already out but I don't have it yet Mario Wonder.

Donkey Kong Country returns.

My Switch doesn't get a lot of use that's about to change.

Phantom Blade 0

Black Myth Wukong been looking forward to that for 2 years.

Marvel's Wolverine

The new Doom.

I could go on forever.

There is SO MUCH

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
According to the wiki:

I like that they made an intentional distinction from Dark Souls. It seems like every kind of game like this that comes out immediately gets tagged as "Souls-like" or somehow compared to Souls.

There's no blocking, so dodging is the main defensive maneuver. Wukong is also known for his ability to shape-shift, so there will be a variety of different forms that you can assume and these will each have their own abilities and uses, combat and otherwise. I'm sure this will add a TON of variety in how you can interact with the world and perform combat.
After trying and failing to get into Sekiro, Bloodborne, and Elden Ring, I learned that From games aren't for me so this style of combat in Wukong sounds awesome. It's definitely one I'll keep an eye and snag when it goes on sale. A demo would be great!

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
After trying and failing to get into Sekiro, Bloodborne, and Elden Ring, I learned that From games aren't for me so this style of combat in Wukong sounds awesome. It's definitely one I'll keep an eye and snag when it goes on sale. A demo would be great!
Same here, I could never really get too into the From games. I was very happy they made the distinction.

Final trailer before launch just dropped, confirmed for August 20th launch!

Reactions: John Price

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It looks ****ing dope, i will give it that.

IMO it still has a bit of an uphill climb given iirc this is a Chinese dev taking their first legitimate run at making a AAA type game. And the fact it's running on Unreal 5 which might make for some technical hiccups.

But everything they've shown thus far looks like it'll live up to the mountainous expectations they've set.

Will be watching and rooting for it. If it reviews well i'm so in because the way the combat has been described sounds like such a breath of fresh air.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
the last trailer looks good, gonna wait and see as it does have the Souls-like feel to it, and those are just not for me
Yes, it's hard not to make the Souls comparison. They went out of their way to make a specific distinction that this is not a Souls-like game, but it's hard to tell of course until it's out.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Yes, it's hard not to make the Souls comparison. They went out of their way to make a specific distinction that this is not a Souls-like game, but it's hard to tell of course until it's out.

I have my fingers crossed, it looks interesting, but I just don't have the time, and energy to put into something that is as punishing as the Souls games, I gave Elden Ring a try after reading all the stuff and how it was a bit more accessible than the other Souls games, and after a few weeks and a million deaths and not much progress I just couldn't go on and traded it in. Between work, being a responsible parent, and occasionally a useful spouse, I can't justify playing a game for 10 hours and making an hour or two of progress

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm not interested in the game but watching the trailer here just thinking, while 'Souls-likes' are all over the place these days maybe this one is more God of War-like.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Madden 25 finally brought team builder back which should lead to some pretty interesting new football teams :laugh:

Unfortunately I don't think it'll be working later today when the game drops for people who preordered

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Gunlance my beloved. Poke, boom, poke boom.

Super stoked for Wilds. Loved Monster Hunter World and while I played a lot of Rise, the wirebug mechanics never felt right to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $871.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00