Player Discussion David Krejci VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I’d love Barkov but I also go to the job I have rather than counting on lottery tickets to pay the rent.

Barkov will get paid..the Bruins typically don't win the FA sweepstakes when it comes to bidding wars. the next center will have to be drafted. i also predict throwing Krejci away in the offseaon like hes nothing will look bad bc he'll produce for a GM who knows how to manage

Last edited:
Reactions: Kegs

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If I’m betting on what happens Krejci signs a 1 year deal here $5.5 M

Puts him lined up with Bergeron as UFA after next season

this is his 5th game in 7 days which is an anomaly due to covid so he’s been a bit off

100% expect him back just term but going year to year

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If Krejci goes anywhere I bet it is to Carolina.

He lives there in the off season and his wife's family is there.

I think he's back with the Bruins next year on a deal like DKH just posted.
Yah it’s probably a forgone conclusion

Reactions: Alicat

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If I’m betting on what happens Krejci signs a 1 year deal here $5.5 M

Puts him lined up with Bergeron as UFA after next season

this is his 5th game in 7 days which is an anomaly due to covid so he’s been a bit off

100% expect him back just term but going year to year

Hopefully Sweeney won't keep playing Santa Claus to Krejci, he has been very well compensated as his current salary of 7.25 million will attest. He is nowhere close to earning that salary this year and he looks a spent force, thank him for his past services and move on. The saved cap space can be used by a wise GM to move this team into a younger faster team at the center ice position, players who's games sync better with wingers then Krejci who has no chemistry with anyone.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Hopefully Sweeney won't keep playing Santa Claus to Krejci, he has been very well compensated as his current salary of 7.25 million will attest. He is nowhere close to earning that salary this year and he looks a spent force, thank him for his past services and move on. The saved cap space can be used by a wise GM to move this team into a younger faster team at the center ice position, players who's games sync better with wingers then Krejci who has no chemistry with anyone.

well believing the Bruins are getting another premier center soon is similar to believing in Santa Clause.

Reactions: Kalus

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Krecji's game has turned into Jozef Stumpel just before going off to yodle.

Doesn't score, doesn't hit, doesn't play with pace, but does all the other things on the ice to not look like a liability - smart zone coverage, smart passing, good stick.

Now Krejci has performed in the playoffs unlike many others, but you can't have a 2C - or even 3C - who is getting 18mins a night and be pro-rated for 7 goals on a season. He keeps playing like he has been, and there won't be a second season... I think he is enough of a pro to recognize this which for me says he's on the decline and just not able to flip the switch. If he is but is "saving" it, then he needs a talking to and to be on a new roster as that's the worst example possible for the yutes trying to build up their games. It's one think if they were rolling thru the NHL and on a 120 pt pace but they aren't (and even then it's a horrible example for the yutes).

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Krecji's game has turned into Jozef Stumpel just before going off to yodle.

Doesn't score, doesn't hit, doesn't play with pace, but does all the other things on the ice to not look like a liability - smart zone coverage, smart passing, good stick.

Now Krejci has performed in the playoffs unlike many others, but you can't have a 2C - or even 3C - who is getting 18mins a night and be pro-rated for 7 goals on a season. He keeps playing like he has been, and there won't be a second season... I think he is enough of a pro to recognize this which for me says he's on the decline and just not able to flip the switch. If he is but is "saving" it, then he needs a talking to and to be on a new roster as that's the worst example possible for the yutes trying to build up their games. It's one think if they were rolling thru the NHL and on a 120 pt pace but they aren't (and even then it's a horrible example for the yutes).

i like posts like these. its like reading a tabloid at the grocery store

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Lose for nothing is better than trade before the last playoff run.

The list of UFA centers is brutal hes the best one. RNH will get a deal we don't want to near since the other options are awful.

We aren't a bad team and have a chance in the playoffs despite what the 'fans' say.

Impossible to predict if we can get a deal done on our terms. If I am desperate for a center I'd offer him 3-4 years at his current money.

Talk about tabloid stuff, resigning him for 3-4 years at 7.25 million. He will be 35 in a few weeks and be 39 at the end of it and ppl let this slide.

Guess Charlie Mac goes to his home town and signs with the Rags if he does not get 9 million. This would set the bar for any contract after that. Pasta may ask for 10.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Talk about tabloid stuff, resigning him for 3-4 years at 7.25 million. He will be 35 in a few weeks and be 39 at the end of it and ppl let this slide.

Guess Charlie Mac goes to his home town and signs with the Rags if he does not get 9 million. This would set the bar for any contract after that. Pasta may ask for 10.

if Kovy can a take a plane ride to America and get 18 mill at 36. a playmaking playoff producing center will have market. your logic thankfully for Krejci is confined to Boston. Teams are happy to add Krejci, just wait till he moves on from Sweeneys disaster and gets some NHL players to play with

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Unless the B’s add a KEY piece by tomorrow (not another “Sweeney Special”), holding on to Krejci is a losing move. We aren’t going to win without secondary scoring, so let’s get some freaking assets.

If the guy loves it here so much, he’ll resign next year for cheap AFTER we convert him into assets now.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If Krejci goes anywhere I bet it is to Carolina.

He lives there in the off season and his wife's family is there.

I think he's back with the Bruins next year on a deal like DKH just posted.

People say that, but the Krejci's stay in Charleston SC, and the Canes are in Raleigh NC. It isn't right next door like RI and MA. It's a lot closer than Boston, but it isn't like it's his wife's hometown or anything. It's like 300 miles away. You might as well say the Caps, because it's the same thing.

FabulousLysell

Aug 20, 2020
Realistically speaking is there even a market for Krejci? Not any contenders I can think of in need of a 2c.

member 96824

Realistically speaking is there even a market for Krejci? Not any contenders I can think of in need of a 2c.

Not many with the space to pull it off unless you get creative with a third team like Brisbois did. Might be able to get a bidding war going between FLA and COL...maybe. Think that ship has sailed though IF it was anywhere even close to a possibility

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I think ideally the Bruins would move on from Krejci after this season (no disrespect, just think that time has come), but there is no-one to take his place. Coyle is a bust as far as being a potential 2C and Studnicka has underwhelmed to date and is far from ready for such a role. Only other option would be to bring in a FA and the market for that doesn't look promising this offseason. The story in 12 months could be rather different though. So probably best to re-sign Krej for another year then see where things stand.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

Great post, Sweeney should be fired on the spot for giving him anything near 5M extension. He should give the Bruins a free year for all the cash they gave him to be in Bergy's shadow.

Sits back let everyone else carry the teams water while he floats around the ice like butterfly with one wing. The guy ruined Pasta in three short weeks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad