Former Bruins David Krejci announces retirement.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Hands up whoever thought at age 36 that David Krejci would be on pace to obliterate his previous season-high for goals (23 was his highest). He won't get to 30 I don't think especially having missed some games but right now over 82 games he would be on pace for 31.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Hands up whoever thought at age 36 that David Krejci would be on pace to obliterate his previous season-high for goals (23 was his highest). He won't get to 30 I don't think especially having missed some games but right now over 82 games he would be on pace for 31.
I was hoping for 15 to 20. His production, leadership, and defensive play is looking pretty good for $3M!

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I've never doubted his ability to produce on this team. My question has always been durability, especially at 36. Hopefully he stays healthy and we get Playoff Krejci for on more season. But that's far from a sure thing.

That's why I'm hoping we add some Center depth at the deadline. I think we are gonna need it.

Reactions: BruinDust

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He gets lost out there they have so much skill I don’t notice he’s even on the ice and ‘wham’

It’s a ridiculous group of talent

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I go get Toews

They get him they are a monster
All those centers aren’t playing 80 games

Throw Toews on this team and it rivals the Red Wings pre cap team

Chicago can retain 50% and has a zillion in cap space and could take Smith an expiring deal - they would be close

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I go get Toews

They get him they are a monster
All those centers aren’t playing 80 games

Throw Toews on this team and it rivals the Red Wings pre cap team

Chicago can retain 50% and has a zillion in cap space and could take Smith an expiring deal - they would be close
What of value are you willing to give Chicago for him, 50% of his cap hit, and Smith's cap hit?

Reactions: RoccoF14

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Maybe just cuz he didn't play last year. But guy seems to be taking a lot more slappers than in previous years
I for one, Love it

Reactions: BruinDust

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Looking at team stats, Krejci is currently at a 25% shooting percentage and leads the team in that category. Pretty impressive

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
Quietly creeping up to the 1000 games played at 997. Looking forward to seeing him get some recognition

Reactions: sarge88

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BOSTON – The Boston Bruins announced today, January 16, that the team will honor David Krejci for reaching the 1,000 career NHL games milestone on Monday, February 20, when the Bruins host the Ottawa Senators at TD Garden at 1 p.m.

Krejci, who was originally drafted by the Bruins in 2004 and has spent his entire NHL career in Boston, appeared in his 1,000th career NHL game on Monday, January 16 against the Philadelphia Flyers.

The 6-foot, 192-pound forward has spent 16 seasons in the NHL, accumulating 226 goals and 535 assists for 761 points through 1,000 games. Krejci is the third active Bruin to hit the 1,000-game milestone, joining teammates Patrice Bergeron (1,259) and Nick Foligno (1,064).

In addition to his career in Boston, Krejci spent the 2021-22 season with HC Olomouc in Czechia. The Sternberk, Czechia native appeared in 51 games, leading the team in goals (20) and points (46).

Fans can purchase tickets to the February 20 game against the Ottawa Senators online at www.nhl.com/bruins/tickets.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Probably something thats been talked over many times, but why did Krejci spend a year in Czechia? So that he could go to the olympics?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Probably something thats been talked over many times, but why did Krejci spend a year in Czechia? So that he could go to the olympics?

he always stated that he wanted his young children to see where he grew up. Get to spend time with his family. Learn the culture and language of their heritage.

He had the opportunity and seized it. It wasnt a total surprise to many.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

He's stated that he wanted to return to play in Czechia for a long time. His reasons? To play in front of his parents and so his kids can learn the culture.

Reactions: Ciccarelli

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Thank you guys. Just something I dont think we see too often. Usually they stay for the rest of the career if they decide to go home.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
not me, just shows, even in a speed game, if you can think the game at a high IQ like DK/Bergy, you can still play in this league, shocking how seamless he`s made the transition back, not that he was gone long but still

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad