Value of: David Jiricek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
With reports from the athletic coming out that Jiricek isn’t happy with the org. Does he pull a Cutter and demand a trade? If so, what would his value be?

The main difference is that Cutter didn't have to sign. Jiricek is kind of stuck for now. They have no reason to acquiesce to any sort of trade demand without dollar for dollar value.

Reactions: wetcoast

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
With reports from the athletic coming out that Jiricek isn’t happy with the org. Does he pull a Cutter and demand a trade? If so, what would his value be?
He’s not getting traded. He’s not happy about being in the AHL, but he’s not ready for big NHL minutes.

Jarmo goes much sooner than Jiricek ever does.

His value would be insanely high, this isn’t some opportunity to get a good piece at a discount.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Is Jarmo salting the earth before he eventually gets fired?

Jiricek was sent to AHL Cleveland at the end of training camp but was recalled to Columbus after the season opener. In November, he was pulled aside by Kekäläinen and told to “get a place” in Columbus, which is always a big moment for a young player.

Less than a week later, however, Jiricek was sent back to the AHL to play for a weekend before he was quickly recalled to Columbus.

It appeared that the same path was being followed earlier this month when Jiricek was sent to Cleveland after his three healthy scratches in Columbus. But after flying with the club to Edmonton for the start of their road trip, he was again a healthy scratch.

“In November, I started looking for an apartment in Columbus,” Jiricek said. “The dream was coming true.”

Now he’s living in a Cleveland hotel while his Columbus apartment sits empty, he said.

Absurd that he's still employed.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
If he’s traded because he wants out, I don’t think you’ll do better than that.
If he was traded it’s not gonna be for a draft pick 2+ years further away from NHL time (that is even less proven in the pro ranks). He’s a top 5-10 prospect in hockey and would be used to acquire an actual NHL player.

He’s not getting traded though.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If he was traded it’s not gonna be for a draft pick 2+ years further away from NHL time (that is even less proven in the pro ranks). He’s a top 5-10 prospect in hockey and would be used to acquire an actual NHL player.

He’s not getting traded though.
He is indeed a great prospect. If you’re trading him, it’s because you sort of have to, not because you want to. To replace him your best bet is a high pick in a D heavy draft. If you won’t accept the #2oa, you’re implying you think he’s worth the 1oa or 1oa+. Good luck getting that.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
He is indeed a great prospect. If you’re trading him, it’s because you sort of have to, not because you want to. To replace him your best bet is a high pick in a D heavy draft. If you won’t accept the #2oa, you’re implying you think he’s worth the 1oa or 1oa+. Good luck getting that.
Good thing they dont have to, even if he asks for it. Thanks for the pick that drafted him though, cant wait to see him fully developed

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
He is indeed a great prospect. If you’re trading him, it’s because you sort of have to, not because you want to.
We don’t have to. This isn’t a UFA who doesn’t want to sign here.
To replace him your best bet is a high pick in a D heavy draft. If you won’t accept the #2oa, you’re implying you think he’s worth the 1oa or 1oa+. Good luck getting that.
No you’re assuming that. We aren’t trading him for another magic bean.

You drive a hard bargain,, But ok

Tinordi for Jiricek
The only realistic pieces of interest for the Jackets would be Korchinski/Vlassic, and it doesn’t make sense due to handedness. We’d prefer more proven NHL players anyway. Chicago doesn’t have any of those. But he’s not getting traded.

Reactions: Viqsi

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Good thing they dont have to, even if he asks for it. Thanks for the pick that drafted him though, cant wait to see him fully developed
I wasn’t involved in making the trade, and I’m pretty sure you weren’t either, so I don’t know why you’re being a jerk about it. But I guess go ahead if it makes you feel smart by association.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I wasn’t involved in making the trade, and I’m pretty sure you weren’t either, so I don’t know why you’re being a jerk about it. But I guess go ahead if it makes you feel smart by association.
Because "take this pick, its the best you'll do" is any different

Reactions: Viqsi

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
IF they were to move him, I’d assume is a prospect trade.

Savoie for Jiricek?
Nope.

You do know that this isn’t a real negotiation, right? I said what I think he’s worth.
And we are saying that what you are suggesting is incorrect when considering the Jacket’s vision and situation (which we know more about than you I’d assume).

Of course Chicago would want to trade a draft pick (not Celebrini) for a potential #1RHD who’s played well at the AHL level.
Just talking, not a big deal.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Nope.

And we are saying that what you are suggesting is incorrect when considering the Jacket’s vision and situation (which we know more about than you I’d assume).
Just talking, not a big deal.
Any thought on what he is worth?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad