Rumor: Dave Pagnotta of the 4th Period- Canucks getting plenty of calls/offers on JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Did a hit on on Canucks hour on Sportsnet 650. Pangnotta says Rutherford has been fielding calls about JT Miller ever since he got the new job at the Canucks. Pagnotta says he doesnt know exactly what the offers are but apparently they are very very significant because the teams that want Miller now would get Miller for possibly 2 playoff runs vs a rental who could walk away. Panotta says Millers 5 mil per year contract is very very desirable and would return a massive haul. Pagnotta compared what a rental Foligno got which was a 1st and 4th and says you gotta think anything for Miller would trump that by a country mile.

Pagnotta ended with he doesnt feel the Canucks would move Miller unless Miller expresses he is going to free agency no matter what in 1.5 years at which point Rutherford would have no choice but to move him.

Another note, Pagnotta said that trade talks might be moving slowly with anything Canucks related because Rutherford has expressed he wants to hire a GM first so that he can have other voices in the room before he decides what to do with the Canucks.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Going to be a big mistake. Miller hasn't had a point in over 10 days...

Reactions: shadow1

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I'd say the price that the Canucks wouldnt be able to refuse is:

1st round pick
Top Prospect ( preferably Right Shot Dman)
3rd round pick

Miller would be a massive hole to replace for the Canucks. He is the heartbeat and energy of the team a true Alpha in the dressing room.

The way he combines top end skill with grit is something perfect for the playoffs and something that lacks in the rest of the Canucks young forward core.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

1st round pick
3rd round pick

Miller would be a massive hole to replace for the Canucks. He is the heartbeat and energy of the team a true Alpha in the dressing room.

The way he combines top end skill with grit is something perfect for the playoffs and something that lacks in the rest of the Canucks young forward core.
Depends on what you define as top prospect. My feeling was 2 1sts and a good prospect (not blue chip) as what it would take to get them to move a Miller, given his contract and remaining term.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Miller is a very good top 6 talent. No doubt in my mind the Canucks are getting calls on him.

Dam, those GM's poking around eh. Trying to acquire for cheap and likely testing the water as the deadline approaches. It really is an interesting science every year as the deadline approaches. Sellers trying to sell high and buyers trying to buy low.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Depends on what you define as top prospect. My feeling was 2 1sts and a good prospect (not necessarily blue chip) as what it would take to get them to move a Miller, given his contract and remaining term.
You have to value him higher than Blake Coleman.

NJ landed former first rounder in Nolan Foote (late one) plus the Canucks first rounder in 2020 which at the time was trending towards teens.
Similar 2 playoff run. Coleman at a $1.8 mill cap hit vs $5.25 for Miller but Miller the much better offensive player.

Reactions: Voight

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Miller is a very good top 6 talent. No doubt in my mind the Canucks are getting calls on him.

Dam, those GM's poking around eh. Trying to acquire for cheap and likely testing the water as the deadline approaches. It really is an interesting science every year as the deadline approaches. Sellers trying to sell high and buyers trying to buy low.

top 6?

Miller is a top line player. Dude is 19th in league scoring and making 5 mil per season.

He has 154 pts in his last 157 games with the Canucks.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
top 6?

Miller is a top line player. Dude is 19th in league scoring and making 5 mil per season.

He has 154 pts in his last 157 games with the Canucks.

Semantics. Top line players are part of top 6 forwards. I'm more inclined to talk top 6, bottom 6, and middle 6. Do you really want to make an agreement on this with the context I provided on Miller? :facepalm:

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
You have to value him higher than Blake Coleman.

NJ landed former first rounder in Nolan Foote (late one) plus the Canucks first rounder in 2020 which at the time was trending towards teens.
Similar 2 playoff run. Coleman at a $1.8 mill cap hit vs $5.25 for Miller but Miller the much better offensive player.

Yep so the price point for Miller at 1st, top prospect and 3rd is probably in the right ballpark.

I honestly cant picture one playoff team that wouldnt benefit from getting Miller but can you imagine if these teams added him:

Toronto
Tampa
Vegas
Colorado
Carolina

He can be used as a Centre or Winger. Kills penalties and plays the PP at half wall or net front. Literally a top end Swiss Army Knife

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Yep so the price point for Miller at 1st, top prospect and 3rd is probably in the right ballpark.

I honestly cant picture one playoff team that wouldnt benefit from getting Miller but can you imagine if these teams added him:

Toronto
Tampa
Vegas
Colorado
Carolina

He can be used as a Centre or Winger. Kills penalties and plays the PP at half wall or net front. Literally a top end Swiss Army Knife
Vegas? i have no idea how they would acquire him. they already have to trade people just to active eichel and martinez. could they actually afford miller without selling too much?

Reactions: Morrison

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011

1st round pick
3rd round pick

He might be the only piece that allows the Canucks to reconstruct their d though

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Watched them for the first time all year when they played against Florida.

Miller didn't look very impressive, but Pettersson looked like shit. Boeser and Hughes were the only guys making themselves an offensive threat, and nobody on the blueline looks good in their own zone.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Keep Miller
Trade Boeser….. to Winnipeg….. now…….PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE
I don't think it's likely, but depending on the internal assessment, i could see the team trading Boeser and one of Horvat or Miller, assuming each piece garners the equivalent of multiple 1st round picks to jumpstart a mini rebuild.

Big issue is that is $13m on OEL and Myers that may look ugly by the time the team reloads.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
As a Canucks fan I am preparing myself to see Miller being traded. If the team takes a dive here it just makes sense to focus on the future. Moving Miller makes the most sense from that perspective.

The haul will no doubt be significant and I am sure a bunch of teams will be interested which will drive the price up. Perfect for the Canucks who need the futures.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As a Canucks fan I am preparing myself to see Miller being traded. If the team takes a dive here it just makes sense to focus on the future. Moving Miller makes the most sense from that perspective.

The haul will no doubt be significant and I am sure a bunch of teams will be interested which will drive the price up. Perfect for the Canucks who need the futures.
Key for me as a canucks fan is his next contract which would begin at age 30. No dobmubr he’s want term like Parayko and Couturier got when they start their new deals at 29 and those are 8 year terms.

so I don’t think the next contract would make sense for the Canucks. So I am completely open to a trade. Just hope the return is massive.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013

Miller didn't look very impressive, but Pettersson looked like shit. Boeser and Hughes were the only guys making themselves an offensive threat, and nobody on the blueline looks good in their own zone.
Great analysis, should see what I thought of the Panthers the one other game I watched of theirs on Dec 14th vs the Senators.

Feb 19, 2018
It makes sense to rip the band aid off now, at full value. Like posters have said he will want a 7/8 year deal at big money, as he has earned it.
Take the picks and target an exact need in a prospect. RHD recent first rounder should be the target to play with Hughes. In the summer approach Horvat and see where he is at, move on if he has no interest in resigning by the draft. Being able to move guys for major assets and gain cap space at the same time is a no brainer for where this team is at.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Yah that one game after not playing for 10 days, against one of the best teams in the league surely set the tone for Miller, I mean we should just ignore all the other games where he has been stellar this year, because of ONE GAME.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad