Trade: Davante Adams requests a trade, traded to the Jets 10/15

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I dont think Adams moves the needle enough to make them a threat in the AFC. Contenders trade 3rd round picks for rentals; not fringe playoff teams.

Their issue isn't a lack of weapons, it's their O line. Just feels like a waste of a 3rd round pick because the Jets are likely a WC team at best, and even that's looking bleak.

That being said, Douglas knows he only has one decent year with Rodgers. He's been backed into a corner. I personally love watching the Jets mortgage their future on a team that isn't top-5 in the AFC, but they're back on the dreaded ride known as the QB carousel after Rodgers retires, so I see why Douglas is doing everything he can to turn the ship around this season because it's going to be rough sailing once Rodgers is gone (if he even makes it through the season; he's been getting wrecked behind that line)

What 'future' did the New York Jets have to mortgage/throw away? They were and will continue to be the same shitty Jets they were before/after (and during) Arod.

Everyoen know this thing with Rodgers was a very short window and was a shot in the dark, but one worth taking if you are the Jets.

The Jets have most of their draft picks in the coming years anyway, so it's not like they threw a ton of draft capital away to build said mediocre team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad