Trade: Davante Adams requests a trade, traded to the Jets 10/15

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I dont think Adams moves the needle enough to make them a threat in the AFC. Contenders trade 3rd round picks for rentals; not fringe playoff teams.

Their issue isn't a lack of weapons, it's their O line. Just feels like a waste of a 3rd round pick because the Jets are likely a WC team at best, and even that's looking bleak.

That being said, Douglas knows he only has one decent year with Rodgers. He's been backed into a corner. I personally love watching the Jets mortgage their future on a team that isn't top-5 in the AFC, but they're back on the dreaded ride known as the QB carousel after Rodgers retires, so I see why Douglas is doing everything he can to turn the ship around this season because it's going to be rough sailing once Rodgers is gone (if he even makes it through the season; he's been getting wrecked behind that line)

What 'future' did the New York Jets have to mortgage/throw away? They were and will continue to be the same shitty Jets they were before/after (and during) Arod.

Everyoen know this thing with Rodgers was a very short window and was a shot in the dark, but one worth taking if you are the Jets.

The Jets have most of their draft picks in the coming years anyway, so it's not like they threw a ton of draft capital away to build said mediocre team.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That ship has long since sailed though.

They've built the entire organization around making Rodgers happy, they're not going to stop until he's gone.
The culture is dead. Adams called the team out after his first game. Rodgers doesn't appear to be a good leader, and now he can't 'get away' with it because he's no longer elite.

I still think this trade was a dumb move. They weren't a Devante Adams away from making noise. Waste of a third, but Douglas dug his own grave when he handed the keys to Rodgers. The moment they picked Hackett as their OC- I knew they were in trouble.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The culture is dead. Adams called the team out after his first game. Rodgers doesn't appear to be a good leader, and now he can't 'get away' with it because he's no longer elite.

I still think this trade was a dumb move. They weren't a Devante Adams away from making noise. Waste of a third, but Douglas dug his own grave when he handed the keys to Rodgers. The moment they picked Hackett as their OC- I knew they were in trouble.
Can the Jets flip Adams? Yes,. but they reworked his deal to push a few million in cap charges into 2025. If they only get back a 3rd, they would have eaten a few million of dead cap space to have him in the lineup for 3 games. Which would be a Jets move.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Looks good for Adams, wanted out and he got his wish to even a worse situation. The Raiders are gonna strip the shit out of the rug and remove the inmates from the asylum under the new Brady part time ownership.

But as for Adams, you f***ed yourself into a better situation. If you want out, get out to a better team instead of pleasing your ass stank buddy Rodgers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad