Injury Report: Datsyuk Out 4-5 Weeks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Baring a last minute Alfie signing, the Wings will need to call up one forward from GR to fill Datsyuk's spot. Fortunately we r not in last years Nyquist situation.

Are you including or excluding Cleary in your number forecasting?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Does anyone know how many games Jurco has to play in the NHL before his waiver eligibility runs out?

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
It's not the end of the world guys. It's a month. With Weiss bouncing back (hopefully) and the full season and improvement of players like Gus, Tats, Jurco and Riley. The Wings should be fine. Especially if Helm stays healthy. Well, never mind on that. Never the less, it will be OK. We're not in the West. Jimmy should be better. D can't get any worse than it was last year. New PP strategy too!

Yup. Not to mention a 5 week absence means he would miss a total of 8 regular season games.

Calm down people

Right? You'd think we didn't just go an entire season with Datsyuk and Zetterberg missing half the season while still making the playoffs. No Datsyuk or Mantha for a month? Pfft. Wake me up when Zetterberg and Nyquist join the IR Club.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Right? You'd think we didn't just go an entire season with Datsyuk and Zetterberg missing half the season while still making the playoffs. No Datsyuk or Mantha for a month? Pfft. Wake me up when Zetterberg and Nyquist join the IR Club.

If Z and Kronwall get injured. Then I'll go in to Tank Mode.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Still too good roster for tanking. Sorry boys. We need at least 23 guys to get injured full-season to dream about guys like McDavid and Eichel.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
2 to 4 or 4 to 5? Anyway, I expect the worst that he misses about 10 games.

I don't like the fact that he was essentially injured on a hard, but clean, shoulder to shoulder hit. He's getting pretty fragile.

We're not looking too deep offensively without Datsyuk, Mantha and Alfie sadly.

It did look like a harmless check, and I think Datsyuk planned on it by chipping the puck laterally and allowing Scuderi to take himself out of the play. What was awkward was getting jammed into the stanchion. If that hit was along the glass Datsyuk would not be injured.

Sucks though, Datsyuk looked like our best player as usual and it just isn't the same without him. :(

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
This sucks I had the exact same injury happen to me in beer league two weeks ago :/ It is very painful.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Thank god kenny had the foresight to sign cleary before some other team snapped him up

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Maybe we'll luck out and this would be Datsyuk's major injury for the season. I'd love to see him fairly healthy in the playoffs for once. I think it's only happened maybe twice in the past 7 seasons.

We are screwed if Kronner gets hurt. I think he may be the only player we absolutely cannot lose.

If Howie goes down Mrzaek/Gus could do ok. If one of Z or Dats goes down we still have the other. If Kronner goes down we have nothing even remotely close to replace him.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Maybe we'll luck out and this would be Datsyuk's major injury for the season. I'd love to see him fairly healthy in the playoffs for once. I think it's only happened maybe twice in the past 7 seasons.

We are screwed if Kronner gets hurt. I think he may be the only player we absolutely cannot lose.

If Howie goes down Mrzaek/Gus could do ok. If one of Z or Dats goes down we still have the other. If Kronner goes down we have nothing even remotely close to replace him.

Even when both Z/D were down at the same time last season, we still managed to hang in there with Franzen/Helm/Sheahan. It wasn't pretty and our PP had zero entry, but they scraped together the points they needed.

I'm really not that afraid of missing the playoffs. I just want our best players to be freaking healthy when playoffs *do* roll around, none of this joining in the middle of a series crap while not being 100%.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This is obviously very unfortunate. One of the biggest reasons being Datsyuk never seems to bounce back until the off-season. I can only hope that he does this time, but in previous seasons he has never really fully re-cooperated from his injuries in season. Certainly the wrist and knee were a little more alarming but we shall see, he is vital to any deep run.

In terms of this team though the one guy they cannot lose is Kronwall.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Great, more Dany Cleary coming up.

My guess:

Nyquist-Zetty-Franzen
Helm-Weiss-Tatar
Cleary-Sheahan-Jurco
Miler-Glen-Abdekader
Callahan-Andersson

The ONLY positive to this Datsyuk injury, an I mean only positive is that there is absolutely no way Jurco starts in GR now. So by the time Datsyuk is back in late Oct/ early Nov, I expect Jurco to have cemented his spot in the lineup and show he is too good for the A.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Even when both Z/D were down at the same time last season, we still managed to hang in there with Franzen/Helm/Sheahan.

That's because they had a great start and could afford to dip mid season and make a run at the end. Basically, if the Red Wings are out of the playoff race by Thanksgiving they'll likely not make it. Missing Datsyuk for potentially the first 10 games is rather large, IMO. You're also assuming guys like Tatar, Nyquist, and Sheahan don't have slumps and actually elevate their performance in year two.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
That's because they had a great start and could afford to dip mid season and make a run at the end. Basically, if the Red Wings are out of the playoff race by Thanksgiving they'll likely not make it. Missing Datsyuk for potentially the first 10 games is rather large, IMO. You're also assuming guys like Tatar, Nyquist, and Sheahan don't have slumps and actually elevate their performance in year two.

Great start? Detroit was 9-8-7 leading up to Datsyuk's initial injury vs Ottawa. Datsyuk and Zetterberg individually had strong starts, but the depth scoring was completely invisible because we were icing all of the old scrubs rather than Nyquist, Sheahan, Jurco, Glendening, and Tatar.

By comparison, the last 30 days of the regular season Detroit went 10-5-2 to make the playoffs. And that was without Zetterberg and Ericsson, as well as Datsyuk for all but the last 6 games (where he was clearly far from 100%.)

But do carry on with your doom and gloom mantra...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

We could be out of the playoff race in Thanksgiving and still end up fine. The East is weak, I don't think our season would be over by November.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad