Datsyuk - Bergeron - Hossa vs Kariya - Kopitar - Guy Lafleur

Who wins in a best of 7 ? (Bottom 3 forward lines and rest of the roster is the current Flames)

• Pavel Datsyuk - Patrice Bergeron - Marian Hossa

• Paul Kariya - Anže Kopitar- Guy Lafleur

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Guy f***ing Lafleur is losing this? What the hell - the dude won 3 Art Ross trophies outscoring his linemates by 70 points.

It's true insanity and/or recency bias

Like, some funny ass posters here are trying to convince others that Datsyuk would be able to not only contain Lafleur, but also help His trio to win, which is dumb as a rock stupid

Tupu

Dec 20, 2012
It's true insanity and/or recency bias

Like, some funny ass posters here are trying to convince others that Datsyuk would be able to not only contain Lafleur, but also help His trio to win, which is dumb as a rock stupid
Well for Datsyuk he was on par with Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin at his absolute peak? Is Lafleur better than them and how much? How does it make people funny ass posters if they saw Dats playing on a daily basis? Maybe then the other line wins if he was on Gretzky and Lemieux level but otherwise I see it reasonable to pick the first line.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Well for Datsyuk he was on par with Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin at his absolute peak? Is Lafleur better than them and how much? How does it make people funny ass posters if they saw Dats playing on a daily basis? Maybe then the other line wins if he was on Gretzky and Lemieux level but otherwise I see it reasonable to pick the first line.

At his peak, Lafleur is the best player in the league and ultimatly, ranks at worst top 15 OF ALL TIME
It took Gretzky to overcome Lafleur.

Sorry, but was Datsyuk good? You bet he was. He was a machine. Everyone in this thread is a beast.

But Lafleur is way higher up on the mountain

It would be like if Suzuki was center of line 1 and Prime Kucherov was on the second line, and I'm supposed to be convinced that Suzuki is going to out-hockey Kucherov?

And to be honest, I think that the difference between Suzuki and Prime Kuch is smaller than Datsyuk/Lafleur

Tupu

Dec 20, 2012
At his peak, Lafleur is the best player in the league and ultimatly, ranks at worst top 15 OF ALL TIME
It took Gretzky to overcome Lafleur.

Sorry, but was Datsyuk good? You bet he was. He was a machine. Everyone in this thread is a beast.

But Lafleur is way higher up on the mountain

It would be like if Suzuki was center of line 1 and Prime Kucherov was on the second line, and I'm supposed to be convinced that Suzuki is going to out-hockey Kucherov?

And to be honest, I think that the difference between Suzuki and Prime Kuch is smaller than Datsyuk/Lafleur
Dont really get this Suzuki and Kuch comparisons? Okay, there was D and Z, but mostly in different lines. Dats usually played with 3rd or 4th liners to make them almost like first liners. I was just asking how much better player Lafleur was than Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin? Was he that good hed wud rank higher than those players of all time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad