Proposal: Darnell Nurse for Jacob Trouba straight up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Oilers fans not saying yes to this are silly. Trouba is a stud. Nurse is a cost controlled giant question mark.

You do this all day everyday. Justifying it by saying they'd have to protect Trouba...lol who on your roster is worth protecting?!

McDavid, RNH, Larsson, Eberle, Talbot? Having to protect Trouba would be a blessing to the Oilers IMO.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Yeah.... I'm trying to imagine this happening without Jets fans publicly lynching their GM.
There's just no way.
All Nurse has proven so far is that he's a mean SOB and that he's one of the fastest skating d-men in the NHL. That's not enough to justify putting him in a 1 on 1 trade for Trouba even if Nurse will be protected at the expansion draft.
If Nurse looks really good next year (Probably isn't going to play many games in the NHL next year, BTW. He only got all those minutes in the NHL last year because Klefbom and Davidson were injured and Fayne, Nikitin and Ference were either injured or sucked so bad that they didn't belong in the NHL) and if the Jets are really paranoid of losing a top 4 d-men at the expansion draft maybe Edmonton adds a 1st rounder... but man I really don't want to get that cap space.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Oilers fans not saying yes to this are silly. Trouba is a stud. Nurse is a cost controlled giant question mark.

You do this all day everyday. Justifying it by saying they'd have to protect Trouba...lol who on your roster is worth protecting?!

McDavid, RNH, Larsson, Eberle, Talbot? Having to protect Trouba would be a blessing to the Oilers IMO.

The thing is that we take on Trouba and we probably aren't going to spend much more $$$ on the blueline and yet we still don't have a solid PMD on our entire team.

Before the Larsson trade this would have peaked the interest of most Oil fans, but that window has closed.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

McDavid, RNH, Larsson, Eberle, Talbot?
Having to protect Trouba would be a blessing to the Oilers IMO.

Well McDavid doesn't need to be protected, you missed Sekera and Lucic who need to be protected (NMC), Draisaitl, Klefbom, possibly Davidson if we go 4D, Pouliot, Maroon both players we'd like to keep. Maybe do a little research about our roster before making this terrible post.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Well McDavid doesn't need to be protected, you missed Sekera and Lucic who need to be protected (NMC), Draisaitl, Klefbom, possibly Davidson if we go 4D, Pouliot, Maroon both players we'd like to keep. Maybe do a little research about our roster before making this terrible post.

Totally forgot Lucic just signed there. Maroon is a guy that you shouldn't be heart broken over losing at the cost of Trouba tbh. My post wasn't "terrible". Uninformed sure, but you helped prove my point.

Also, why does Drai need protected if McDavid doesn't, isn't he on the last year of his ELC?

This deal is heavily in Edmonton's favor, and I don't say this often, but it's not even close.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Currently Trouba >>> Nurse
Future who knows but most likely Trouba will still be better.

This is such a stupid proposal that should of been locked already.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
I'm one of the people who think Trouba is overrated and that's still bad for Winnipeg.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Totally forgot Lucic just signed there. Maroon is a guy that you shouldn't be heart broken over losing at the cost of Trouba tbh. My post wasn't "terrible". Uninformed sure, but you helped prove my point.

Also, why does Drai need protected if McDavid doesn't, isn't he on the last year of his ELC?

This deal is heavily in Edmonton's favor, and I don't say this often, but it's not even close.

Fair comment on uniformed, I went the wrong way in showing my displeasure in the post. We could live with losing Maroon, but he makes the line-up more balanced and is on an extremely cheap deal for us. I wasn't saying I wouldn't make the trade, just that it would make it a lot tougher knowing we'd have to lose someone we otherwise wouldn't because of it (I'm also really high on Davidson so I'd prefer to keep him).

Drai needs to be protected because this is his 3rd pro season, its only McDavid's 2nd. If Drai was sent down after 9 games last year he'd be exempt, but MacT gonna MacT.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
I've said this a few times the past few years but nurse is an all tools no box type of player if I've ever seen one. He's going to be griffin Reinhart 2.0 in terms of his potential - hype puts him as a "top pairing" guy and he turns into a decent third pair d.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I've said this a few times the past few years but nurse is an all tools no box type of player if I've ever seen one. He's going to be griffin Reinhart 2.0 in terms of his potential - hype puts him as a "top pairing" guy and he turns into a decent third pair d.

Nah, Nurse's skating is like 10000x better than Reinhart's, he's a freakishly gifted skater for a man that size.

He's going to get mentored by Lucic and turn into a mean mother ****er and someone who's a pain in the ass to play against. Whether the offensive side of his game develops is something he'll kinda have to adjust to though.

He'll be a solid, tough S.O.B. no.3 when he develops but the Oilers have to have some patience.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Fair comment on uniformed, I went the wrong way in showing my displeasure in the post. We could live with losing Maroon, but he makes the line-up more balanced and is on an extremely cheap deal for us. I wasn't saying I wouldn't make the trade, just that it would make it a lot tougher knowing we'd have to lose someone we otherwise wouldn't because of it (I'm also really high on Davidson so I'd prefer to keep him).

Drai needs to be protected because this is his 3rd pro season, its only McDavid's 2nd. If Drai was sent down after 9 games last year he'd be exempt, but MacT gonna MacT.

Ah thanks for the info. I've not remained clear on all the expansion rules.

Kinda silly that a guy on an ELC isn't exempt, but hey, I guess they're trying to give LV a boost and make life hard on some teams.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Have there been any reports of what kind of money Trouba wants lately? I don't fully believe those original asks of 7M+, but I wouldn't pay any more than 4.5-5M for him right now with what he's proven.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Have there been any reports of what kind of money Trouba wants lately? I don't fully believe those original asks of 7M+, but I wouldn't pay any more than 4.5-5M for him right now with what he's proved.

A local hack reported originally that he might want money similar to 7 mil, but without any source. Immediately Trouba's agent responded publically and stated that Trouba rumour was completely false.

I suspect Trouba is asking for something starting with a 6 and the team is offering something with a 5. We will see where they end up and settle like all negotiations.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
A local hack reported originally that he might want money similar to 7 mil, but without any source. Immediately Trouba's agent responded publically and stated that Trouba rumour was completely false.

I suspect Trouba is asking for something starting with a 6 and the team is offering something with a 5. We will see where they end up and settle like all negotiations.

Ok, thanks. I haven't followed the Trouba situation very closely at all.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015

This! I've never seen a guy so lost in his own end. Plays with a grenade on his stick can't make a breakout pass to save his life. The low hockey iq is the scary part. Maybe he can develop into a solid D he definitely can skate has all the tools but it's a wait and see.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Ah thanks for the info. I've not remained clear on all the expansion rules.

Kinda silly that a guy on an ELC isn't exempt, but hey, I guess they're trying to give LV a boost and make life hard on some teams.

The reason Drai will have to be protected is because his ELC will expire at the end of that season. In theory, it doesn't actually expire until 12:00am July 1st, but they are considering the ELC expired by the time of the expansion draft because the season is over.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
This! I've never seen a guy so lost in his own end. Plays with a grenade on his stick can't make a breakout pass to save his life. The low hockey iq is the scary part. Maybe he can develop into a solid D he definitely can skate has all the tools but it's a wait and see.

Yes, Darnell Nurse is the first rookie D in history to lack poise in his own end.:help:

The guy was in over his head last year, playing bigger minutes than he should have due to injuries and our poor depth. He played the primary shutdown role at the WJC 2 years ago, would he really have been given that role (or even made the team) if he was so devoid of hockey IQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad