Dark Horse Candidates

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's definitely the type of fighter who takes a shot to give a shot but he has good form.

When I hear the term punching bag, I think of someone who is willing to go but doesn't have much technique and often gets wrecked.

Viel has tuned some guys up over the years. He bloodied Sam Carrick but then ate some in their next bout. He's going to have his moments either way.

People forget Rempe had the hockey world buzzing in the second half of the year. Other teams have been adding and the Atlantic has gotten a lot tougher

Rangers - Rempe and Carrick
Canadiens - Pezzetta and Xhekaj
Devils - MacDermid and Dillon
Flyers - Deslauriers, Seeler, Hathaway
Capitals - Wilson and Duhaime
Leafs - Reavo and Dewar
Panthers....

The last thing we need is teams taking liberties against our prospects as they acclimate to the big leagues. Zadorov and Frederic are tough in their own ways but they are kind of too important to be messing with these guys. They could be the two most talented of this bunch.

Need Kastelic and Viel for this mess of guys. Fighting has been going up and I think it's only going to continue. Glad the B's made it a priority.

Number of fights went down last year. 311 in 2023-2024 compared to 334 the season prior ( 331 in the season prior to that )

Reactions: CellyHard

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
You’re suggesting they need to keep Viel. Who are you cutting? Brazeau, Max Jones, or Beecher?
I don’t think Beecher being cut is much of a stretch. Monty already seems to dislike him. Brazeau could very well show why he was in the ECHL. He had a good run for a few weeks last year, but, so? It’s not like either of those two are core members, so why not Viel?

They didn’t get Max Jones to cut him. He will be a regular.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don’t think Beecher being cut is much of a stretch. Monty already seems to dislike him. Brazeau could very well show why he was in the ECHL. He had a good run for a few weeks last year, but, so? It’s not like either of those two are core members, so why not Viel?

Because we’re talking about Jeffrey Viel?

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Everyone else does.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Everyone else does.

Yeah, I would not be surprised if Beecher has to make a trip to Providence next year, simply because he can go and not many others can. So it may dictate he gets some down time if he slumps, or if cap constraints come up

But we are talking a young player who is good on the faceoff dot, somewhat physical, has elite speed, and some positional flexibility. Seems like the perfect match on a line With Kastelic as then they can handle facoffs from either side, or optimize based on matchups. Beecher may even get more PK time next year

This team hurt badly last year when they had to send Beecher down.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yeah, I would not be surprised if Beecher has to make a trip to Providence next year, simply because he can go and not many others can. So it may dictate he gets some down time if he slumps, or if cap constraints come up

But we are talking a young player who is good on the faceoff dot, somewhat physical, has elite speed, and some positional flexibility. Seems like the perfect match on a line With Kastelic as then they can handle facoffs from either side, or optimize based on matchups. Beecher may even get more PK time next year

This team hurt badly last year when they had to send Beecher down.
Monty should be putting the best team he can put together that helps him win, not because he likes or dislikes a player, let me give that advice Monty you are on a short leash, your demise is being discussed now.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Tufte I think has a shot as well, good minor league scorer, never really given a chance by Colorado. If Brazeau struggles I could see him taking Brazeau's spot.
Could see this as well. Max Jones has also never put together a full season. He's lowkey kind of injury prone.

Could see Tufte getting some call-ups throughout the year

Reactions: Fenian24

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
And we’re also talking about Beecher and Brazeau. What’s the infatuation with those two?
Beecher just finished his rookie year. Has elite speed and is a centerman. Has a good amount of development curve in front of him. Strong PK option. Lefthanded faceoff option in the DZone to balance with Kastelic.

Brazeau a late bloomer who appears to have made a leap. Showed impact at his size last year. Very high hockey IQ and excellent hands.

Jeffrey Viel is 27, has played 49 career NHL games with 5 points for the worst team in the league in that span. Did not play a single game in the NHL last year. But he fights, though not well.

What’s the infatuation with Jeffrey Viel?

Reactions: Hookslide

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Beecher just finished his rookie year. Has elite speed and is a centerman. Has a good amount of development curve in front of him. Strong PK option. Lefthanded faceoff option in the DZone to balance with Kastelic.

Brazeau a late bloomer who appears to have made a leap. Showed impact at his size last year. Very high hockey IQ and excellent hands.

Jeffrey Viel is 27, has played 49 career NHL games with 5 points for the worst team in the league in that span. Did not play a single game in the NHL last year. But he fights, though not well.

What’s the infatuation with Jeffrey Viel?
So Brazeau and Viel are the same age and Viel has played more than twice as many NHL games. Yeah, Brazeau is definitely the new face of the franchise.

Montgomery clearly isn’t very high on Beecher. How can he not possibly know how elite he is? It’s not like he has a better view of him or anything.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
So Brazeau and Viel are the same age and Viel has played more than twice as many NHL games. Yeah, Brazeau is definitely the new face of the franchise.

Montgomery clearly isn’t very high on Beecher. How can he not possibly know how elite he is? It’s not like he has a better view of him or anything.

Beecher's absence from the NHL squad was 100% due to waiver eligibility, not Monty's opinion of him. In the playoffs, when Monty didn't have to worry about anybody hitting waivers, Beecher started in 12 out of 13 games.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

If you want to go at this disingenuously that’s your prerogative. New face of the franchise smh. Brazeau had two more points in 19 games than Viel had in 49. He also has played in 9 more playoff games than Viel, because 9 is more than zero.

Beecher played in 12 of the 13 playoff games last year. How is he not high on him?

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Beecher and Brazeau are both first line players. Monty clearly loves Beecher and is his binky.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Depends how you consider Bussi

Other than that it's likely merk/lysell which are not dark horse

Bottom 6 we have too many people

D no one

So only Bussi

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I think the actual question is why any of them would have to be cut at all. Lettieri and Brown go down, it’s 12 forwards on the team. (Let’s say) Lysell and Viel make the roster, that’s 14.

Doesn’t necessitate moving any of the other three to be compliant.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think the actual question is why any of them would have to be cut at all. Lettieri and Brown go down, it’s 12 forwards on the team. (Let’s say) Lysell and Viel make the roster, that’s 14.

Doesn’t necessitate moving any of the other three to be compliant.

Can't see them keeping Lysell as an extra forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00