Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Pacioretty to a PTO (official)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Seems like a good depth move. I doubt he takes anyone's spot. Maybe he snipes an important goal or two.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Jarnkrok is a PKer and gives goal scoring to the bottom 6. I'd be shocked if his bargain deal is moved. More likely it is someone like Kampf given the options for 4th line C with Dewar, Minten, Holmberg, and players on the Marlies 2.5 is a lot for a 4th line C.

Yes I know Kampf is a main Pker as well but the difference is Jarnkrok is a bargain deal and Kampf isn't
Have you seen him in the playoffs?

It’s fine and dandy that jarnkrok can pk, but he is a 4th liner, and a mediocre one at that come playoffs. He has 3 points in 18 games with us, that’s playing mostly 3rd line with a bit of 1st line too. He’s a career 19!!!! Point player in the playoffs. He is beyond useless in the playoffs, and our pk fell off harder than our offence did in round 1 last year, he made no difference.

He can stay if he wants to play 4th line RW, but then kampf has to go, we can’t have both of these guys on the team, and kampf actually produces more than jarnkrok in the playoffs + Center

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Veteran competition to make camp a real battle. We’re not going to be trading anyone because we signed our annual Vet-who’s-never-won-anything.

Reactions: rumman

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

It’s fine and dandy that jarnkrok can pk, but he is a 4th liner, and a mediocre one at that come playoffs. He has 3 points in 18 games with us, that’s playing mostly 3rd line with a bit of 1st line too. He’s a career 19!!!! Point player in the playoffs. He is beyond useless in the playoffs, and our pk fell off harder than our offence did in round 1 last year, he made no difference.

He can stay if he wants to play 4th line RW, but then kampf has to go, we can’t have both of these guys on the team, and kampf actually produces more than jarnkrok in the playoffs + Center

Jarnkrok was injured until half way through the series. He's also been given hard defensive minutes and our entire team can't score in the playoff not exactly fair to single him out.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
He's never been the fastest, so unlikely he's going to outskate anyone. He's got a strong stride, doesn't mind getting physical and has some good offensive tools.
He was actually pretty fast in his young days.

Two Achilles complete tears and age will slow anyone down a lot, however.

Reactions: SprDaVE

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Jarnkrok is a PKer and gives goal scoring to the bottom 6. I'd be shocked if his bargain deal is moved. More likely it is someone like Kampf given the options for 4th line C with Dewar, Minten, Holmberg, and players on the Marlies 2.5 is a lot for a 4th line C.

Yes I know Kampf is a main Pker as well but the difference is Jarnkrok is a bargain deal and Kampf isn't
Kampf can take faceoffs and is a better PKer imo. Jarnkrok is a borderline 3rd liner and to say he provides goal scoring is a little generous, the guy literally disappeared the last 2 playoffs, a complete non-factor

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Jarnkrok was injured until half way through the series. He's also been given hard defensive minutes and our entire team can't score in the playoff not exactly fair to single him out.
I’d tend to agree, and would’ve said the offence is moreso the core 4s fault and keefes ability to get offence out our players, but jarnkrok does this everywhere, he can’t produce.

Last year against tampa he had 2 points…and he played top line a lot with bunting out. Marner had 11 and Matthews had 9. Take the leafs out and he still has 19 points in 75 games, that’s a fourth liner.

As for singling him out, I just think his 2.4 or whatever can be used better elsewhere in the lineup. The others (holmberg, dewar, kampf…) all make less or I think are better.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I’ll wait till it’s official and see if he actually signs a contract. I am bit nervous as I think max might be cooked but hopefully I’m wrong.

Reactions: Da Mash

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010

Kampf has 1 less playoff goal in 60 less games, all in a limited and purely defensive role.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

It's not just a Leaf thing. He couldn't produce for Nashville or Calgary in the playoffs either. In 93 career playoff games he has 5 goals and 17 assists for 22 points. That's horrid for a soft, middle 6 guy.

For comparison, Patches has 25 goals and 25 assists in 78 playoff games.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

It's not just with the Leafs though. In 63 career playoff games before joining Toronto (between Nashville and Calgary) he has 3 goals and 15 assists.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Rather try the kids one-by-one.

If Cowan doesn't stick, try Grebenkin, if he doesn't stick, try Minten, if he doesn't stick try Quillan, if he doesn't stick ...

So that's about 40 games into the season, then try Grebenkin again, rinse and repeat.

They'll make the playoffs with or without Pacioretty.

In the meantime they've invested into their future rather than someone else's past.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'm ok with a PTO. He's pretty cooked, hopefully they don't move anyone useful for him. I could see moving someone like Reaves, and giving him those $ though.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I'm ok with a PTO. He's pretty cooked, hopefully they don't move anyone useful for him. I could see moving someone like Reaves, and giving him those $ though.

I wouldn't be so quick on considering moving Reaves - the end of the first half of the season, yes he was very bad, but second half Reaves was a very effective player for what he is. Don't forget..it's not his on-ice presence - is he not a great guy in the room as well.

I feel we still that deterrent/momentum changer. He is probably the best fighter in the game.

Reactions: Finger Licking Good

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I wouldn't be so quick on considering moving Reaves - the end of the first half of the season, yes he was very bad, but second half Reaves was a very effective player for what he is. Don't forget..it's not his on-ice presence - is he not a great guy in the room as well.

I feel we still that deterrent/momentum changer. He is probably the best fighter in the game.

I have no problem with an actual deterrent... but he isn't a deterrent. When things happened last year, he didn't step up. When Marchand hurt Lilly, where was the response? Nothing happened... So, he's kind of useless. Who cares about the staged fights... I mean, they are entertaining, but don't win us games.

Reactions: aingefan and rumman

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Deterred no one, was a liability in the playoffs.

I'd rather swing the momentum with good play.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I have no problem with an actual deterrent... but he isn't a deterrent. When things happened last year, he didn't step up. When Marchand hurt Lilly, where was the response? Nothing happened... So, he's kind of useless. Who cares about the staged fights... I mean, they are entertaining, but don't win us games.
Reeves is not going to go after a guy like Marchand - that was the job of guys like Bertuzzi and Domi. Reeves is there to keep the opponent's big/tough guys in check, which I think he did fine last year, though my opinion is as anecdotal as yours on that front.

He's not the type of guy you play in the playoffs, but in the regular season, he's useful. You can also sit him against teams that don't have much of a physical presence, like the Canes.

He had a bad start for us last year, but in the 2nd half he contributed nicely. Mind you, he's 37 so he may be done as well.

Reactions: Cams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad