Value of: Dante Fabbro

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Obviously many Nashville fans thought Fabbro was gone at the last deadline. Fast forward to today and many Nashville fans think he is gone before the season starts.

Is there a team that is willing to offer a mid-pick/meh-prospect for him with the purpose of clearing cap?

Sharks had interest in him before and could still use him now.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Why did I think he was already dealt? Weird.

I could see Ottawa kicking the tires to pair with Kleven. JBD would likely be included (or dealt elsewhere). On the other hand, I’m not sure Fabbro is the type of player Staois is targetting

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Any deal for Fabbro wouldn't have cap coming back since the point is to get rid of cap space. His contract is only for this season so I have a hard time believing someone wouldn't take a stab at him just to see what he has and if he could be a decent option for the future that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Any deal for Fabbro wouldn't have cap coming back since the point is to get rid of cap space. His contract is only for this season so I have a hard time believing someone wouldn't take a stab at him just to see what he has and if he could be a decent option for the future that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.
I still feel like the Sharks will be in on this. We can take Fabbro’s full cap without sending anything back and have some assets that could pique Nashville’s interest.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I remember when Bruins fans were clamoring for Fabbro in 2016. It they took Fabbro over McAvoy in 2016 after what happened in 2015…my oh my. Drafting is goalie voodoo.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Bordeleau or Daniil Gushchin from the Sharks seem like good targets if the plan is to shed cap while injecting some youth.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
We can retain on Joker or we could give you a b prospect and 2nd
B and a 2nd would be better for Preds.

But I don’t think Trotz will feel any particular urgency to move Fabbro. They might find themselves needing depth on D at some point during the season. Glass is more replaceable. I’d rather get nothing for Glass than a 2nd for Fabbro.

Reactions: Armourboy

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

But I don’t think Trotz will feel any particular urgency to move Fabbro. They might find themselves needing depth on D at some point during the season. Glass is more replaceable. I’d rather get nothing for Glass than a 2nd for Fabbro.
I think if you could get a 2nd and prospect for Fabbro, it would have been done already.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

I think
I think if you could get a 2nd and prospect for Fabbro, it would have been done already.
The fact that Fabbro hasn't been moved suggests to me that they aren't trying very hard to move him.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I don’t think Fabbro is going anywhere. We can roll easily with
Skjei josi
Lauzon carrier
Schenn Fabbro
Stastney

Glass is the one we are gonna move out. We have an abundance of forwards plus still have to sign parsinnen and Tomasino and guys like L’Heureux need a spot even. Glass is redundant in Nashville.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don’t think Fabbro is going anywhere. We can roll easily with
Skjei josi
Lauzon carrier
Schenn Fabbro
Stastney

Glass is the one we are gonna move out. We have an abundance of forwards plus still have to sign parsinnen and Tomasino and guys like L’Heureux need a spot even. Glass is redundant in Nashville.
Who exactly is going to take Glass on, is the point.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Who exactly is going to take Glass on, is the point.
At this exact point in time, nobody.

The Preds can get under the Cap running a 20-man roster with Glass in the minors, however, so nobody has Trotz over the fire.

If Glass has a great camp, or if the Preds run into any injury troubles in camp (with a relatively geriatric roster), then there won't even be any Cap issues or maybe Glass will recoup some market value (at least to "nil").

So I think Trotz is right to just wait it out. Maybe somebody decides they'd take a chance on Glass, maybe not. The worst case for the Preds is he starts in Milwaukee. I don't think there is going to be any huge motivation for the Preds to either undersell Fabbro or pay a negative-value trade penalty to move Glass.

I think

The fact that Fabbro hasn't been moved suggests to me that they aren't trying very hard to move him.
Yeah, teams with enough Cap space anyway would be silly not to take Fabbro if the Preds were actually actively trying to dump him. They're not trying to dump him.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Not so sure. He has been really good for us whenever we put him on the 1st pair with Josi. The last 2 coaches have had a bit of infatuation with physicality, which Fabbro provides none of, but aside from that he's actually a lot better than his stats might indicate, and scouts and GMs should recognize that.

Also, the Preds have had a surfeit of 2nd round picks and prospects in recent years due to the "re-tool" that they have been undergoing. The value of a 2nd round pick might be pretty close to "nil" for the Preds at this point. Having an actual NHL-proven defenseman, even one who doesn't quite fit the coach's preferences, may very well be worth a lot more to the Preds.

Reactions: Armourboy

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Why did I think he was already dealt? Weird.

I could see Ottawa kicking the tires to pair with Kleven. JBD would likely be included (or dealt elsewhere). On the other hand, I’m not sure Fabbro is the type of player Staois is targetting
I would do this easily. I would even add to JBD. Provides stability to the 3rd pairing and greatly reduces any potential Hamonic sighting

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-Fabbro
Hamonic

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I would do this easily. I would even add to JBD. Provides stability to the 3rd pairing and greatly reduces any potential Hamonic sighting

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-Fabbro
Hamonic

Sens can't afford his cap hit unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00