Value of: Dante Fabbro to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He could be a good fit for the Oilers 2nd pairing, what would it take?
Nashville is a playoff team with designs of beating Edmonton in the 2025 playoffs.

So you gotta figure that would make this a hockey trade with Edmonton having to send back a roster player Nashville needs in return.

Fabbro for Kulak + 2nd would be a robbing Peter to pay Paul type deal for both teams.

Fabbro for Henrique + 3rd is same type of scenario. Don’t see the thesis behind the idea of a Fabbro to Edmonton deal that likely makes Edmonton worse elsewhere on their roster.

No reason for Nashville to do it for futures. They are playing for today too.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
They’re looking at options…

They didn’t panic and match offer sheets that would handcuff them. They are very clearly not panicking lol
I think they are. Draisaitl getting traded is 100% on the table. Fabbro isn't a realistic option. Oilers going to have to overpay to deal with any team. Only way not to trade Draisaitl is to deal Nuge for peanuts. If Draisaitl was going to sign and give the home town discount. It would already be done.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
I only see this working cap-wise for the Oilers if Kulak is moved for Fabbro.

Kulak is signed for two more years cheap and is a good left side only 3rd pair D with some offensive chops. And it looks like Stetcher can take his role without too much fall off.

The question is what would the sweetener be?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think they are. Draisaitl getting traded is 100% on the table. Fabbro isn't a realistic option. Oilers going to have to overpay to deal with any team. Only way not to trade Draisaitl is to deal Nuge for peanuts. If Draisaitl was going to sign and give the home town discount. It would already be done.
this is just not true at all

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Problem is he 12 months away from UFA and he will be getting a massive raise from the current 2.5.
Fabbro is the most likely to give a hometown discount. Most of family lives in Nashville now, his older sisters went to college here, and he’s always been a Predator fan because of his ties to Nashville.

Reactions: AintLifeGrand

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Fabbro is the most likely to give a hometown discount. Most of family lives in Nashville now, his older sisters went to college here, and he’s always been a Predator fan because of his ties to Nashville.
correct me if im wrong but werent there reports of fabbro being on the block last offseason

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

There is a lot going on with this post. I have a sneaking suspicion Dinger isn't a fan of the Edmonton Oilers.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
There is no team in the NHL that would trade for the Nurse contract for peanuts. That contract is so substantially negative value and buyout proof. If Nurse could be dumped for peanuts, he'd have been traded for future considerations long ago.

By all indications I've seen. Drai is not willing to accept any home team discount and the AAV on his next deal will start in the $14s. Which is justified. He's a remarkable player and deserves to be the game's highest paid player at the point in time when Drai inks his next contract. And he will be on that day.

$14MM/per x 8 years would be a huge win for Edmonton. I think the AAV comes in a little higher. Maybe $14.15MM.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I only see this working cap-wise for the Oilers if Kulak is moved for Fabbro.

Kulak is signed for two more years cheap and is a good left side only 3rd pair D with some offensive chops. And it looks like Stetcher can take his role without too much fall off.

The question is what would the sweetener be?
Nashville only has Schenn (3rd pair) and Carrier (2nd pair) as RHD behind Fabbro. Like most NHL teams, they have more good LHD than RHD.

Nashville has Josi, Skjei, Lauzon and Stastney as LHD. Where does Kulak (LHD) slot in?

While on paper, Kulak + 2nd for Fabbro would be good value for Nashville (agree Kulak's contract is solid at $2.75MM), the fit between the clubs is wrong.

RHD is probably the hardest position to trade for of any in the NHL. Going to be hard to replace Ceci. That was a headscratcher trade given the one year term on the Ceci deal.

Reactions: VeteranPresence

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
I'm not a Predator fan but his value seems hard to guage at this point.

I remember him being highly regarded last year and iirc, valued in the middle of the 1st round to slightly higher.

But his stock has fallen since then, ice time has dropped and never really took next step and solidified himself as a bonafide, impactful top4dman.

If i had to guess, maybe an early to middle 2nd round pick right now if NSH wanted to give him a chance somewhere else.
I get that the mentality is to think that a young guy “fallen” because a team has decided to go in another direction but I don’t believe his game has fallen off and Fabbro might just be the guy the Oilers could use to replace Broberg and he’d be much cheaper at just $2.5 mil for 1 more year. If he sucks then the Oilers simply don’t re-sign him! :dunno:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There is no team in the NHL that would trade for the Nurse contract for peanuts. That contract is so substantially negative value and buyout proof. If Nurse could be dumped for peanuts, he'd have been traded for future considerations long ago.

By all indications I've seen. Drai is not willing to accept any home team discount and the AAV on his next deal will start in the $14s. Which is justified. He's a remarkable player and deserves to be the game's highest paid player at the point in time when Drai inks his next contract. And he will be on that day.

$14MM/per x 8 years would be a huge win for Edmonton. I think the AAV comes in a little higher. Maybe $14.15MM.
Um.
Only way not to trade Draisaitl is to deal Nuge for peanuts.
There is no team in the NHL that would trade for the Nurse contract for peanuts.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Lmao what

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nuge and Nurse are two different players dawg. Nurse is the grossly overpaid number 4 D on the Oilers.

Nuge is a forward and was the first overall pick in the 2011 draft. He’s underpaid and underrated.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Why, yes. Yes they are. That was, in fact, exactly my point. You responded to someone suggesting "trade Nuge for peanuts" with "no trade of Nurse for peanuts is possible". I was pointing that out. Because, as you acknowledge here, they're two different players.
Then I’d disagree with the idea Nuge would net peanuts in trade. He’s underpaid and would be easy to trade for strong value coming back to Edmonton.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Problem is he 12 months away from UFA and he will be getting a massive raise from the current 2.5.
Massive raise? Why do you say this?
He literally just signed that contract a year ago and didn’t do much of anything last season to earn a raise of any sort….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad