Colorado Avalanche Training Camp Dates

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I have been busy with other things and Had no idea they played last night. Is the next one tonight? If so what time?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Avs have the worst coverage in all of sports. I didn’t even know the rookie games started.
Neither apparently, does the Denver media. (It's still a Bronco's town after all.)

They don't televise pre-season games...... And they (the franchise) doesn't seem to care just as long as we .....

Keep buying those season tickets....

Reactions: the_fan

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Think the Avs might be giving Ritchie some of those 9 games or whatever he's allowed since Lehky is going to be out?

With Mitts here, I'm not sure Ritchie is going to be a center for us. Would he be capable of playing the full season in the NHL if he was a winger?
He is with Mittlestadt signed for only 3 years. CMac also offered up this logic too…

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Yhea, with all the injuries to start the year, it's the best opportunity to give him, Kovalenko, etc... a real tryout. I wouldn't be surprised if Bednars keeps his 1st, 3rd and 4th lines similar to what he envisions when everyone is healthy and tests those kids on the 2nd line with Mitts. He might change the usage of the lines to protect them a bit however.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So we finished 0-3 in this rookie tournament and the talent out there was obviously lacking. A bigger problem I have is that Avs never really invite anybody interesting to these tourneys or even the main training camp. If there is a hyped prospect who was weirdly passed over in the draft, you never see them get an invite here. Ivan Ivan is probably one of the only few players Avs invited for the past four or so years that had an intriguing, later-bloomer sort of background.

Most, if not all of their invites are just AHL depth players who more likely will never see any sort of light in the NHL. I get you need role players and they are important, but considering how below-average our prospect pool is, you'd think they would go after some of the higher potential, higher bust invitees who have a red flag, but the potential talent to overcome it. No offence to players like Bunelle, Pyke, Hillebrand, or Scheel, but these are bottom-of-the-barrel scraps.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
So we finished 0-3 in this rookie tournament and the talent out there was obviously lacking. A bigger problem I have is that Avs never really invite anybody interesting to these tourneys or even the main training camp. If there is a hyped prospect who was weirdly passed over in the draft, you never see them get an invite here. Ivan Ivan is probably one of the only few players Avs invited for the past four or so years that had an intriguing, later-bloomer sort of background.

Most, if not all of their invites are just AHL depth players who more likely will never see any sort of light in the NHL. I get you need role players and they are important, but considering how below-average our prospect pool is, you'd think they would go after some of the higher potential, higher bust invitees who have a red flag, but the potential talent to overcome it. No offence to players like Bunelle, Pyke, Hillebrand, or Scheel, but these are bottom-of-the-barrel scraps.

This shouldn't surprise anybody. Our prospect pool is embarrassingly poor.

Thank you for the depressing update.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad