Danny Paille

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Not sure why so many people on here can't stop living in the past.

Paille time here was up. His play spoke for itself last year. Appreciate what he did for us and move on.

Yea, people say they want him back but once he would start playing they would remember why he wasn't offered a contract and why no other team has signed him to their roster.

The team has enough 4th liners right now. We don't need any more.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I thought it was time to play the kids, what happened to that plan?

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Not sure why we would trip over ourselves to resign a guy that never even scored 20 points in a season as a Bruin.

He was part of the best 4th line in hockey, but that was years ago and he's certainly not getting better. I'll always love him for punching Matt Carkner in the face, though. Oh, and scoring a Stanley Cup OT goal, but mostly punching Carkner's face.

OutspokenMinority*

it's an absolute no-brainer to re-sign him now if he is still available. he is a perfect, fast, physical, responsible plug and play piece. not doing so is a huge, stinky brain furt by management.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
it's an absolute no-brainer to re-sign him now if he is still available. he is a perfect, fast, physical, responsible plug and play piece. not doing so is a huge, stinky brain furt by management.

If we trade kelly I agree. But going back to a similar fourth line this team skated last year would be a mistake. I like pie but the Bruins roster already has leadership, experience and pkers the only upside Danny brings is speed.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
If we trade kelly I agree. But going back to a similar fourth line this team skated last year would be a mistake. I like pie but the Bruins roster already has leadership, experience and pkers the only upside Danny brings is speed.

And on the other side of thirty is no doubt losing some of that.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Ummm...disagree.

Liked Paille while he was here, and appreciate all his contributions. I actually thought he was the only Merlot guy that was worth bringing back. However, the B's have moved on, and after seeing kids like Blidh, Randell, Ferlin, and J-Kemp, I really don't think there is any need to bring Paille back.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Ummm...disagree.

Liked Paille while he was here, and appreciate all his contributions. I actually thought he was the only Merlot guy that was worth bringing back. However, the B's have moved on, and after seeing kids like Blidh, Randell, Ferlin, and J-Kemp, I really don't think there is any need to bring Paille back.

I agree with this 100%. We have kids who need to cut their teeth with the big club and bringing in vets with diminishing capabilities, even those who we know what to expect from them, makes no sense. I get the feeling that management is viewing this as a transitional year, so getting these kids some experience is gonna happen sooner than later.

OutspokenMinority*

I agree with this 100%. We have kids who need to cut their teeth with the big club and bringing in vets with diminishing capabilities, even those who we know what to expect from them, makes no sense. I get the feeling that management is viewing this as a transitional year, so getting these kids some experience is gonna happen sooner than later.

it's purely about depth. when the first guy goes down, the replacement will be less than Paille, for minimally less money. at that point i will point and yell told you all so.

these overarching theories (turn the page) have nothing to do with reality. they matter not. each specific case is different.

the injuries will happen across the team. there will be guys out for various reasons. there will be mediocre to bad replacements and you would have had a very good and superior option that you threw away.

Paille is not Campbell is not Chara. theories are for talk radio hosts who never have to be right about anything.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
it's purely about depth. when the first guy goes down, the replacement will be less than Paille, for minimally less money. at that point i will point and yell told you all so.

these overarching theories (turn the page) have nothing to do with reality. they matter not. each specific case is different.

the injuries will happen across the team. there will be guys out for various reasons. there will be mediocre to bad replacements and you would have had a very good and superior option that you threw away.

Paille is not Campbell is not Chara. theories are for talk radio hosts who never have to be right about anything.

I'm not sure that's true and even if you turn out to be "right", it really doesn't matter. I'm done with this whole "plug guys into the lineup" thing. There's young guys who need to play and we're in a transition year. We shouldn't be worried about things like what happens when there's a couple injuries on the fourth line and we need a replacement during a transition year. It's a perfect opportunity to let more prospects show what they've got.

I'm not sure your "theories" monologue is worth it considering your first sentence: "the replacement will be less than Paille, for minimally less money. at that point i will point and yell told you all so." Or is that not a "theory" because you typed it?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

In your opinion.

If Paille was such a no brainer and a "superior option", why did CHI release him from the PTO without signing him to a contract?

Because they feel bad about beating the B's in the Cup and want to do them a solid by gifting Paille back to them? :laugh:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
this place is nuts.
we arent winning a cup this year. probably wont even make the playoffs.
id rather watch rinaldo concuss a couple habs rather than see paille mishandle the puck or kill 30 seconds of a powerplay.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

um, no thanks

appreciate all his contributions but this ship has sailed, not sure how much you watched him last year but...

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Whoever said Paille's play spoke for itself last season is dead on.

I thought he was an excellent bottom 6 guy for us for a while, one of my favourite Bruins actually. But his play last season was not NHL level and there's a reason why he's having a hard time finding a contract. Too bad.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
He's not even the best player with a PTO. He's not even the best player that was cut this week.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Eh. Love the guy and hope another team signs him but his time here is done... Sad to see the person go but good riddance to the player. He was benched for the last couple games of the season, he's done. Some of our kids need the playing time AND they'll be better players.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
this place is nuts.
we arent winning a cup this year. probably wont even make the playoffs.
id rather watch rinaldo concuss a couple habs rather than see paille mishandle the puck or kill 30 seconds of a powerplay.

I don't want to see anyone concussed. I've read too many horror stories about what that does to a person. And their families.

That being said, I would rather watch Rinaldo than Paille. Let's stop trying to win games 2-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad