Speculation: Dallas moves to clear cap if Bishop is healthy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Big Ben is a dam good goalie when healthy but how realistic is that? You would think Dallas knows he’s not going to play anymore seeing as that would give them 4 goalies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Why does Dallas have so many NHL goalies?

Bishop
Khudobin
Holtby
Oettinger
Yeah I'm out of the loop here too. I get they didn't think Bishop would be healthy just yet but they still had Oettinger and Khudobin, why would they bring in Holtby at 2 million to be a 3rd goalie for a couple months till Bishop recovered?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Some teams went 3 deep with goalies because they were pushing for a goalie taxi-squad due to covid. They were worried about losing a goalie for a week due to covid protocols and then losing a game because they're forced to play a 3rd or even 4th stringer.

That said, there was no need to get a 2M guy. A depth guy at 750K should have been fine behind Khudobin and Oettinger.

IDK, they must have been really confident that Bishop wasn't going to play. I mean, look at their cap, they're 4M over. I don't think it is a conicidence they're that far over and Bishop makes 4.9M and was on IR.

Dude has an NMC too, so dumping him on Arizona or Buffalo might not be possible. Khudobin has a NTC as well and trading him wouldn't solve the whole cap problem. This is a tough problem to solve. Any Dallas fans can enlighten me on the plan will be if both expensive goalies veto trades?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad