Proposal: DAL & TOR, DAL & FLA, and DAL & PIT (Deadline deals)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If you are the GM of respective team do you accept these offers from Dallas?

• Toronto: Yes

• Florida: Yes

• Pittsburgh: Yes

• Toronto: No

• Florida: No

• Pittsburgh: No

Results are only viewable after voting.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
TOR receives: John Klingberg (50% retained, pending UFA)

DAL receives: 2022 1st rounder, Nicholas Robertson, and Nick Ritchie (1 year left @ 2.5mil)

_______

FLA receives: Joe Pavelski (50% retained, pending UFA), 2022 3rd rounder

DAL receives: 2023 1st rounder, Owen Tippet (pending RFA), and Aleksi Heponiemi (pending RFA)

_______

PIT receives: Alexander Radulov (50% retained, pending UFA)

DAL receives: 2022 2nd rounder

_______

If you're the GM of TOR, FLA, or PIT do you accept these offers from DAL at the trade deadline? Dallas picks up some high draft picks and moves towards a younger lineup, while top contenders add some big pieces of a playoff run. Thoughts?

Value isn't necessarily bad for Toronto compared to past rentals but I wouldn't do it. I'd want someone with term if we're giving up one of our better prospects and a 1st.

Rielly and to a lesser extent, Sandin are pretty much in place to drive offense from the back end already...need more of a defensive minded right handed shot for the top 4.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Leafs say no.

Might get one of either a 1st or a prospect like Robby for a guy like Klingberg, but both is not happening.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Not sure if Toronto wants or needs Klingberg. Probably the least likely of the three.

I like the idea of Florida reuniting Pavs with Thornton for another playoff run......but as others have said that is a steep price. :laugh:

Radulov to Pittsburgh for a 2nd? Hope he likes Primanti Bros.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
wtf-blink182.gif

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
A 2nd is way too much for Radulov at his current production. 1 goal in 33 games.....yikes.

Even at 50% retention I wouldn't pay more than a 4th or 5th. And that doesn't even get into that the Pens don't need a RW.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
The only way a 35 year old with one goal in over 30 games is getting a 2nd is if Dallas takes zucker back in the deal while eating some of radulovs salary so the pens can pick up an actual productive forward at the trade deadline.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ritchie's cap hit is only relevant because of Toronto's cap situation, if you don't want it then buy him out for a 300k cap hit. That's probably what Toronto will do this offseason anyways

I think the buyout is 2.5 x 67% over 2 years, so 833k a year for 2 years.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think I've asked this before and forgotten the answer - but can Radulov play left wing well? Because we're pretty set on the right.

In any case... yeah, minimal interest on a guy who had core surgery last off-season with those numbers. Seems to take most skaters a long time to properly recover from it, so I don't think he'd be any better in a new environment.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Can somebody tell me how Radulov is shooting at 1.9%? Did he have a wrist injury or just taking some whiffs to the goalies chest?

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Can somebody tell me how Radulov is shooting at 1.9%? Did he have a wrist injury or just taking some whiffs to the goalies chest?

He has a coach who stifles offense and has stuck him on the 4th line with offensive black holes for line mates for the most of the season.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He has a coach who stifles offense and has stuck him on the 4th line with offensive black holes for line mates for the most of the season.
It's odd to see Caufield, Voracek, Palmieri, Radulov, and Donskoi bottom 10 in shooting percentage (filter for at least 25 shots and forwards). All with under 2% shooting percentage.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I don't think Toronto would be willing part ways with a first and one of their top prospects for 30 games of Klingberg, and to get rid of Ritchie.

As others have said, Klingberg is not the type of D Toronto would be looking for at the TDL, they are looking for a shutdown d-man for the 2nd pairing.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I don't think Toronto would be willing part ways with a first and one of their top prospects for 30 games of Klingberg, and to get rid of Ritchie.

As others have said, Klingberg is not the type of D Toronto would be looking for at the TDL, they are looking for a shutdown d-man for the 2nd pairing.
That sounds like Esa Lindells music

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It is 300k for next season, the cap will have a larger jump the year after making the 1.1 less relevant
Okay I was just saying it’s not 300k total, and now they’re saying the cap might not go up 1 million, because of the lack of attendance in Canada , as part of the reason.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017

We have a realist leaf’s fan. He says 30 games. Not expecting a deep playoff run I guess. First round exit it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad