Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] G Jake Oettinger signs extension with the Stars (8 years, $8.25M AAV)

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
All of the goalies will be hugging Sway this year lol:laugh:

Honestly, given the Oettinger deal, Swayman might have set the market low for goalies. Curious what this deal comes in at absent the Swayman signing.

Another way to look at it is the best goalies in the league and their agents see Swayman as a peer.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
While I agree that life style expenses and cost of living will play a major role for a contract and city living is just way too expensive, I think a lot of people who prefer the NY life style get penthouse style apartments more than their mansion on acres of land.

Majority aren't looking to find 100 acres or even an acre in Manhattan. Most would move slightly outside the area like Yonkers, or even a little bit further like Westchester if they were looking to stay in NY and have a nice house/property. CT isn't very far either. I hate the city but I'm older now. I don't want to deal with the traffic, the people, or the parking.
Exactly and if they moved to one of those areas you stated I bet it would be agony to get back and forth from Madison square garden. I know myself id never want to raise a family in a penthouse in Manhattan but I guess if I was someone like Laffy 23 years old and single living in a penthouse and walking to the rink wouldn’t be bad. I just feel like at shesterkin age and being able to choose where he plays I’d be looking at where the best place to raise a family would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad