Confirmed Trade: [DAL/CHI] Johnny Oduya (50% retained) for Mark McNeill, Cond. 2018 4th Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Doubtful move, I realy dont believe in Oduya anymore. Im kind of surprise that we dont take a chance at Pateryn when we know the GM as well. I would like a swap between my two teams. Now, I feel both teams have missedd something.

Will see! ... bud expect nothing great from Oduya

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Uhhh, what?

McNeil is a nothing prospect. A 4th (or 3rd) is a nothing pick. Basically got him for nothing to hope him and Hjalmarsson rekindle their chemistry.

A pick is not nothing. Especially for the corpse of a player. Stan Bowman is just wasting picks left and right. He did it the other day and now he's done it again.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
So Stan Bowman wasted another pick for garbage? :laugh:

Someone needs to get this ***** out of Chicago asap. Before he ruins everything else that's left with this franchise.

Yeah, what a horrible GM he is to have won 3 cups and overcome significant cap related apocalypses en route to two of them.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
A pick is not nothing. Especially for the corpse of a player. Stan Bowman is just wasting picks left and right. He did it the other day and now he's done it again.

Who cares about picks in a weak draft... the Hawks are in if to win it

They have plenty of talent on the cusp like Shalunov, Sikura and Debrincat.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yeah, what a horrible GM he is to have won 3 cups and overcome significant cap related apocalypses en route to two of him.

All you need to do is take a look at the D Chicago had last year and compare it to this year. He did it with very little cap space. Some good fortune, but calculated moves. IDK how anybody can complain about trading a 4th and a prospect with 1 NHL game since 2011.

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
A 3rd rounder is what I expected in return for oduya. He's really lost a step this season, and was never particularly quick to start. He will be ideal on the bottom pairing and PK in Chicago.

I think dropping back 31 spots (3rd to 4th) to add a minor league scorer is a reasonable trade-off for Dallas -- the farm team is seriously bereft of scoring forwards.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
So Stan Bowman wasted another pick for garbage? :laugh:

Someone needs to get this ***** out of Chicago asap. Before he ruins everything else that's left with this franchise.

:facepalm: :biglaugh:

Never change buddy. You're too much. You need to give it a rest, you complain about literally EVERYTHING that has to do with the Hawks. It must suck to hate everything that has to do with your "favorite" team. There are 29 other teams that you can root for, you know.

Anyways, another great trade by Stan. Hawks just got deeper on D. The Oduya and Hammer pair reunited again. :yo:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
scouting report on McNeill?

Bottom 6 grinder at this point who hasn't really impressed in AHL and is likely AHL/NHL tweener at best going forward

Maybe he puts it together somewhere else but since draft his stock has declined yearly and he was passed up by several other prospects in Chicago system in recent years

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
:facepalm: :biglaugh:

Never change buddy. You're too much. You need to give it a rest, you complain about literally EVERYTHING that has to do with the Hawks. It must suck to hate everything that has to do with your "favorite" team. There are 29 other teams that you can root for, you know.

Anyways, another great trade by Stan. Hawks just got deeper on D. The Oduya and Hammer pair reunited again. :yo:

He would make a good wings fan :p

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Please tell me what the % is of a 3rd and 4th rounder making the NHL. Hawks have more than enough picks. He hasn't wasted one yet. He still has his 1st and 2nds this year and next. Go back to your Hawk hating hole, ItsMyFault.

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
All you need to do is take a look at the D Chicago had last year and compare it to this year. He did it with very little cap space. Some good fortune, but calculated moves. IDK how anybody can complain about trading a 4th and a prospect with 1 NHL game since 2011.

He always suckers a few of us into engaging with him... Sigh

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
How any Hawk's fan can see a move like this as anything but positive is beyond me. He won't see the top-4, and will pair very nicely with TvR. We gave up someone who obviously wasn't going to crack our roster and a conditional 4th round pick. We got a player who thrived in Chicago, and who is extremely well-liked in the locker room. What is everyone smoking?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Glad to have Oduya back. He was a big part of the 2013 and 2015 Cup. Feels like we've been trading McNeill forever. So it's good he finally was able to get moved. I hope Oduya has something left in the tank.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
How any Hawk's fan can see a move like this as anything but positive is beyond me. He won't see the top-4, and will pair very nicely with TvR. We gave up someone who obviously wasn't going to crack our roster and a conditional 4th round pick. We got a player who thrived in Chicago, and who is extremely well-liked in the locker room. What is everyone smoking?

Huh? I'm pretty sure there's only one person complaining about this trade, and that person wishes the Hawks would basically lose every game. Hawks fans love this trade.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Haha great trade.

For those of you who are new the "Hawks" fan who is complaining is not really a Hawks fan. They try really hard though to fake it.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Id love this if it meant TVR was out of the lineup, instead it will be Kempny, the Blackhawks best possession Dman.

Sigh.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Id love this if it meant TVR was out of the lineup, instead it will be Kempny, the Blackhawks best possession Dman.

Sigh.

Kempny skates well and is not as much of a "stick" reliant dman so there is chance he can play on his offside. I am trying to remember who he was pair with at the WC.

LASTAR

Mar 9, 2004
as a Stars fan I am happy that we are shipping out all of the UFA's.

That said, Jim Nill seems to be getting the least back for what is going out. It really seems like he is sending his soon to be former players to teams that he thinks they would like to go to, instead of getting the best deal for the Stars.

I can only hope that this allows us to sign a couple of surprising UFA's in the future, but so far a 2nd, a 4th and a warm body is not very much for what is going out.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
as a Stars fan I am happy that we are shipping out all of the UFA's.

That said, Jim Nill seems to be getting the least back for what is going out. It really seems like he is sending his soon to be former players to teams that he thinks they would like to go to, instead of getting the best deal for the Stars.

I can only hope that this allows us to sign a couple of surprising UFA's in the future, but so far a 2nd, a 4th and a warm body is not very much for what is going out.

What do you honestly think Oduya is worth. I feel he is pretty much a 3rd pairing guy who has been injured and out for 2 stretches this year. I think a warm body and possibly a 3rd is not bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad