D Noah Chadwick - Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL (2023, 185th, TOR)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

I was surprised there wasn’t a thread on this kid. I watched the game on Friday and he stood out in a big way. Showed excellent offensive promise although didn‘t pick up any points. And was BIG, he stands at 6’4” and when I checked his stats this season they look very promising. Could be a sleeper pick from 2023, he looks very good.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I was surprised there wasn’t a thread on this kid. I watched the game on Friday and he stood out in a big way. Showed excellent offensive promise although didn‘t pick up any points. And was BIG, he stands at 6’4” and when I checked his stats this season they look very promising. Could be a sleeper pick from 2023, he looks very good.
Yeah. He seems to be rapidly improving pretty much game after game.

I think his biggest issue is skating. It's not bad and it's easily good enough for the WHL but it looks awkward and it needs to improve if he wants to have a similar kind of impact at pro level.

He's very impressive though. Uses his size to his advantage, especially with the puck. His incredibly strong on the puck. For fellow kids he's tough to separate from pucks. For a big guy he has very soft hands as well. I don't know if I'm the greatest fan of his shot but he's got puck handling skills you don't expect from a 6'4 defenseman, let alone a 6th round pick.

I also like his game against the puck a lot. Reads plays very well, uses his frame effectively to get to pucks. The last few games he was particularly effective at breaking up plays in the offensive and neutral zone. I think the Canes coaches like to use him behind Marques and Braillard quite a bit to give their skilled forwards as much offensive zone time as possible.

Next year could be very interesting for Chadwick. He's pretty much PPG already and I fully expect WHL domination next season. Lethbridge is likely still gonna be a capable team because their forward group is young enough but on defense, Chadwick is gonna be leaned on heavily with overagers Arntsen and Pauls gone. McCutcheon is 04 born so potentially gone as well. Those three guys are logging quite a few minutes. So is Chadwick but next season he's gonna be the Canes clear cut nr.1 defenseman.

Reactions: TheBeastCoast

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Yeah. He seems to be rapidly improving pretty much game after game.

I think his biggest issue is skating. It's not bad and it's easily good enough for the WHL but it looks awkward and it needs to improve if he wants to have a similar kind of impact at pro level.

He's very impressive though. Uses his size to his advantage, especially with the puck. His incredibly strong on the puck. For fellow kids he's tough to separate from pucks. For a big guy he has very soft hands as well. I don't know if I'm the greatest fan of his shot but he's got puck handling skills you don't expect from a 6'4 defenseman, let alone a 6th round pick.

I also like his game against the puck a lot. Reads plays very well, uses his frame effectively to get to pucks. The last few games he was particularly effective at breaking up plays in the offensive and neutral zone. I think the Canes coaches like to use him behind Marques and Braillard quite a bit to give their skilled forwards as much offensive zone time as possible.

Next year could be very interesting for Chadwick. He's pretty much PPG already and I fully expect WHL domination next season. Lethbridge is likely still gonna be a capable team because their forward group is young enough but on defense, Chadwick is gonna be leaned on heavily with overagers Arntsen and Pauls gone. McCutcheon is 04 born so potentially gone as well. Those three guys are logging quite a few minutes. So is Chadwick but next season he's gonna be the Canes clear cut nr.1 defenseman.
Agreed completely, it’s early but it looks like he shouldn’t have made it to round 6.

Reactions: Hinterland

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Really nice pick for the Leafs who would fly up to the 2nd or 3rd round in a re-draft 6 months after the draft. Nice blend of size/skill/smarts. Skating needs a bit of work but there's a lot to work with here.

Reactions: Hinterland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad