D habs98 GM Game v2.4-Sign Up+ Discussion(5 teams available)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Wing Less

Brendan-Smith1.jpg

gustav_nyquist_detroit_052713.jpg

7044544.jpg

danny_dekeyser_detroit_040713.jpg

:habs

Dan DeKeyser
Xavier Ouellet
Brendan Smith
Tomas Jurco
Gustav Nyquist
Anthony Mantha
Tomas Tatar
1st DET 2014

:wings

PK Subban (50% cap retain)

After days of trade talks PK Subban has finally been traded. It was tough to move him but this deal gives us depth in terms of forwards and gives us 3 good young defensemen.. I would like to thank Noah for the trade talks.​

BigBenSF*

Wing Less

Brendan-Smith1.jpg

gustav_nyquist_detroit_052713.jpg

7044544.jpg

danny_dekeyser_detroit_040713.jpg

Dan DeKeyser
Xavier Ouellet
Brendan Smith
Tomas Jurco
Gustav Nyquist
Anthony Mantha
Tomas Tatar
1st DET 2014

:wings

PK Subban (50% cap retain)

After days of trade talks PK Subban has finally been traded. It was tough to move him but this deal gives us depth in terms of forwards and gives us 3 good young defensemen.. I would like to thank Noah for the trade talks.​

:nhl

veto, Noah has no roster

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Jiri Hudler available, can retain 50% of the salary. I'm sure someone can use a close to PPG winger (30 points in 34 games) for only 2M cap hit/year.

Bryan Bickell, David Jones, Kris Russel, Chris Butler, Shane O'Brien also all available andcan retain 50% of salary on each one. Can all be useful pieces for contenders.

Up, want to trade. I'm sure some contender can use these players.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
GM of the Day

image.php

When BigBen announced that he was bringing back GM of the Day I couldn't have been more thrilled by the news but at that moment a quick thought popped up in my head and I knew I had to at least do one GM of the Day before 2013 ended. The reason? I had one person in mind who truly deserved it.

Every year there is a new class of GM's who join our games. While some have been forgettable there has certainly been many memorable ones. This past season for example has produced many of our most active GMs. Each class is usually lead by several particular GMs like for example in 2011 it was myself and KLLR and the class of 2013 was headed by DD,HYD,HFN and Trick9. This year's class has the potential to produce some star GMs for games to come and there's no better example than Weylspin.

If you asked me today who I thought should be the MVP of this game there is no doubt in my mind Weylspin's name would be mentioned. While he's not contending for the cup he is transforming a team who has struggled this season into a future powerhouse. When Tyler Bozak is one of your top centermen then you know you're not winning the cup. So instead of trying to move all of his assets in an attempt to win the cup now, Weylspin has taken a "build towards the future" approach.
His first moves as leafs GM weren't small that's for sure. He started off his regime in Leaf land by trading away star winger Phil Kessel and Nikolai Kulemin to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for this past draft's 1st overall pick Nathan Mackinnon along with Valentin Zykov and Tanner Pearson. If that wasn't big enough Weylspin then traded Team Captain Dion Phaneuf to the archrival Boston Bruins in exchanged for future top pairing defensemen Dougie Hamilton (who oddly enough was drafted with the leafs 1st round pick in 2011), 2012 first round draft pick Malcolm Subban, rookie Reilly Smith(who was later traded to the Oilers) and a 2nd round draft pick in 2014. He followed that up by trading away players such as Joffrey Lupul, Dave Bolland,James Van Riemsdyk and Carl Gunnarsson. He was also able to trade away David Clarkson who's contract is so bad you wouldn't want to touch it with a 50 foot pole. In return for these players Welyspin was able to acquire many promising players such as Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn,Brandon Gormley, Beau Bennett, Scott Harrington,Sven Baertschi and Max Reinhart. With these moves there is finally hope for leafs fans who want to cheer for a good team and it's all thanks to a promising rookie GM named Weylspin
.​

Get to know: Weylspin

Why did you start watching hockey?
My dad plays alot of hockey so I grew up watching him play and then naturally followed my home team, the Canucks!
Why did you become a Canucks fan?
Home team, all my friends watched them, had a lot of swedish players on it. Became an instant fan of Nasland when I first watched them.
Who is your favourite NHL player?
Current: Nathan MacKinnon Past: Markus Naslund
Who is your favourite prospect (ie hasn't play an NHL game yet)?
Connor McDavid.
What is your favourite number and why?
12. It was the number I got on my first sports team and I just stuck with it. Plus good things happen when I wear that number.
When is your birthday?
June 23rd.
What is your favourite food?
Spaghetti with Swedish meatballs.
What is your favourite hobby?
Playing Baseball or Hockey.
What is your best Subject in school?
Chemistry.
Who would you compare yourself to when playing hockey?
I compare myself to Patrice Bergeron or Ryan Kesler with less shots. I feel I am pretty good on the draw, almost all my goals are junk but I make some solid tape to tape passes to make up for it.
What are 2 words that describe yourself well?
Lazy and Passionate
What is your dream job?
Professional Baseball Player.
When you grow up what do you want to be?
Sports Doctor.
What is your favourite song?
Radioactive. Imagine Dragons.
What is your favourite movie/TV show?
How I Met Your Mother.
What is favourite color?
Pine Green.
If you could time travel what would you do?
Win the lottery multiple times and purchase a hockey team and move it to Canada.
What do you do when you want to relax?
Blast some music or go skating.
What are 2 things people don't know about you?
I'm part Canadian Swedish and Japanese.
Who do you think will win the 2014 World Junior Championships and why?
Canada has a really solid roster, I'd go for them.
What is your favourite Christmas present someone has ever given you?
My first pair of skates at 16.

Aela*

^ nice one!

:nashville

Rinne is going to be on the move very soon most likely, (by the end of the day) so if you want him better hurry up and offer! We are rebuilding!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Blockbuster Trade

hi-res-149954807_crop_exact.jpg

:hawks
Tomas Plekanec (50% retained)
Alexei Emelin (50% retained)

1st CHI 2014
Ryan Hartman
Brandon Pirri
Drew Leblanc
Kevin Hayes
Phillip Danault
Adam Clendening
Stephen Johns
Ben Smith
Michal Rozsival
Nikolai Khabibulin
Sheldon Brookbank

It was a tough to give up 2 good players but this deal helps add some depth to our forward group and gives us another 1st to work with here in Montreal​

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Jiri Hudler available, can retain 50% of the salary. I'm sure someone can use a close to PPG winger (30 points in 34 games) for only 2M cap hit/year.

Bryan Bickell, David Jones, Kris Russel, Chris Butler, Shane O'Brien also all available andcan retain 50% of salary on each one. Can all be useful pieces for contenders.

Still this, want to trade. PM me guy.

T.J Brodie can also be moved for the right price.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

:kings

Jiri Hudler (50% retained)

:flames

Nicolas Deslauriers
Jordan Weal
Brandon Kozun
Scott Sabourin
Justin Auger
Maxim Kitsyn
Nick Ebert

Thanks to Jiri Hudler for what he did for us, played great and helped our young players a lot. We wanted to give him a chance to play with a contending team this year.

In our past trades, we brought a few top talents that are NHL ready (Eberle, Gardiner, Murphy, etc). With this trade we add a lot of depth to our prospects pool, we saw attributes that we really liked from these prospects, so we'll work with them to try to develop them into NHL'er.

Deslauriers was a guy we really wanted. We like him since his QMJHL day, was a big physical that can do it all. Logged big minutes each games, can coast-to-coast with ease, great power play guy with a great shot, also a big guy that hits hard and can fights. Now, he's playing as a left winger in the AHL, and playing really well. Plays a power forward type of game, can carries the puck very well with his awesome speed, can scores a lot of goals with his great shot and size in front of the net, hits hard. Still play on the point on the PP, which was one of his main strength when he was a defenseman. We believe he has top 6 forward upside, gives us a very versatile player with high upside.

Weal is a center with a high skill level, really good offensive game. While small, he's gritty and very good on the forecheck. Brings a good two-way game.

Kozun is a small offensively gifted winger who plays his junior here in Calgary. Competes very hard.

Sabourin playsa power forward type of game. Big, decent offensive player, hits hard and fights.

Auger is a 6'7" forward. You cannot teach size, will be a good project forward for us.

Kitsyn showed very good potential not so long ago. A big strong winger with a lot of skills. Hopefully a change of scenary with us will help him to reach his potential. We'll work a lot with him to do so.

Ebert was very highly touted a year before the draft, but felt a lot in his draft year. He's showing this year in the OHL that he can be a really good offensive defenseman. We'll work a lot with him in the next few years to hopefully help him to reach his upside.

Last edited:

BigBenSF*

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

Jiri Hudler (50%etained)

Nicolas Deslauriers
Jordan Weal
Brandon Kozun
Scott Sabourin
Justin Auger
Maxim Kitsyn
Nick Ebert

:kings confirm. Had little need for these prospects and wanted to give them up to a team where they could be used correctly. Another deal to announce...

[FIELDSET="COL/LAK"]

Duncan Siemens
2014 COL 1st

:avs

Jarret Stoll
Matt Greene
[/FIELDSET]

Last edited by a moderator:

Aela*

Rinne sweepstakes have ended! Here's the deal!

:nashville

Jacob Trouba
Mark Scheifele
Nicolas Petan
Adam Lowry
Ed Pasquale
Zach Redmond
Eric Comrie

:jets

Pekka Rinne @ 50%
David Legwand @ 25%

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Blockbuster Trade

hi-res-149954807_crop_exact.jpg

:hawks
Tomas Plekanec (50% retained)
Alexei Emelin (50% retained)

1st CHI 2014
Ryan Hartman
Brandon Pirri
Drew Leblanc
Kevin Hayes
Phillip Danault
Adam Clendening
Stephen Johns
Ben Smith
Michal Rozsival
Nikolai Khabibulin
Sheldon Brookbank

It was a tough to give up 2 good players but this deal helps add some depth to our forward group and gives us another 1st to work with here in Montreal​

:hawks Confirm.

Very pleased to add both of those guys and finish off my team.

Thanks to dong for smooth negotiations.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

:caps

Shane O'Brien (50% retained)
Riley Nash

Patrick Koudys

We needed some roster spots.

Koudys is a big defenseman with some good attributes, a long terme project that we see some upside.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Kris Russell available. Can reatin 50% of salary. Solid defenseman on a cheap contract who's having a great year (16 points in 34 games).

Chris Butler available. Can retain 50% of salary. Solid bottom pairing defenseman on a cheap contract.

David Jones available. Can retain 50% of salary. Big winger with a decent offensive and all-around game. Good 3rd line winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad