Czechs in North America

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
View attachment 918981View attachment 918982View attachment 918983View attachment 918984
Czech/Swiss/Slovak/German player comparison so far. Its ridiculous that we even have to compare ourselves to those nations now instead of Finland/Sweden/Russia, but we even came out of this compatrison the absolute f***in worst so far.

For all those years i am following our guys in NHL I have never seen such a pathetic start to a season then the one we are having right now, and I am seriously starting to lose hope its gonna get better. We are in for a loong shit season guys. When this will get better I dont know, if ever.
Nice news is 19 players and 6 goalies this early. We are up to 25 guys have played a single game in NHL... that is more than the Swiss, Slovaks and Germans combined. Our most recent drafts have that same trend... about the same as the other 3 combined. It is true that we have a lot of 8 minute 4th players though.lol

We still have guys that may get the call too.. Jenik, Rousek, Kral, Patera, Dobes and Skarek are all near the 'next in line' spot.

And to me, it sucked but I did see Vrana, Kulich, Jiricek, Klapka and Blumel all playing last night and none of us saw all that happening this early.

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Nice news is 19 players and 6 goalies this early. We are up to 25 guys have played a single game in NHL... that is more than the Swiss, Slovaks and Germans combined. Our most recent drafts have that same trend... about the same as the other 3 combined. It is true that we have a lot of 8 minute 4th players though.lol

We still have guys that may get the call too.. Jenik, Rousek, Kral, Patera, Dobes and Skarek are all near the 'next in line' spot.

And to me, it sucked but I did see Vrana, Kulich, Jiricek, Klapka and Blumel all playing last night and none of us saw all that happening this early.
Yeah I mean getting more players then last year so far which is nice. But are top guys are absolute garbage so far, that pisses me off. What good is if we have more players then Swiss/Slovaks/Germans combined if we are behind at players who actually make any impact in the league?

Yeah we have more but 95% of those we have more a 4th liners playing not even 10mins a game.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah I mean getting more players then last year so far which is nice. But are top guys are absolute garbage so far, that pisses me off. What good is if we have more players then Swiss/Slovaks/Germans combined if we are behind at players who actually make any impact in the league?

Yeah we have more but 95% of those we have more a 4th liners playing not even 10mins a game.
It does suck for sure. But, I'd rather have what we have then them to be honest. It's early. Better than I expected to be honest.

Once Frk plays 6 minutes on line 4 I will sleep like a baby.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1729439314574.png

This is Filip Kral... one of the Top D's in Europe last year and now at a .ppg in AHL. He was injured in preseason but his AHL deal is high (eg. 400k or something like that). Something tells me he wiggles his way into NHL this year.

Reactions: Fil

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
I see him going to Liberec that was his originally team. They can also afford him (Most liklely) and they need another decent scorer next to Filippi. There only 11th in the league right now
(not good for Liberec standards)
stats in echl are good, defiantly good enough for a Czech citizen in extraliga

View attachment 919069

This is Filip Kral... one of the Top D's in Europe last year and now at a .ppg in AHL. He was injured in preseason but his AHL deal is high (eg. 400k or something like that). Something tells me he wiggles his way into NHL this year.
If he was not in Pittsburgh and in a bottom 8 team in the league instead, he would be in the NHL for sure

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I see him going to Liberec that was his originally team. They can also afford him (Most liklely) and they need another decent scorer next to Filippi. There only 11th in the league right now
(not good for Liberec standards)
stats in echl are good, defiantly good enough for a Czech citizen in extraliga

If he was not in Pittsburgh and in a bottom 8 team in the league instead, he would be in the NHL for sure
I looked and the bottom pair guys in Pittsburgh don't look like hall of famers. More like 25 year old guys who were drafted late and are just starting in NHL. Just like Kral..

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
I looked and the bottom pair guys in Pittsburgh don't look like hall of famers. More like 25 year old guys who were drafted late and are just starting in NHL. Just like Kral..
Interesting. Who are their bottom pair guys

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It does suck for sure. But, I'd rather have what we have then them to be honest. It's early. Better than I expected to be honest.

Once Frk plays 6 minutes on line 4 I will sleep like a baby.
Its rare but in this I disagree with you tbh. At least to some extend. I mean I would rather have 10 players in NHL and 8 of them being top 6 F or top 4 D then having 20 and 16 of them being bottom 6 or 6/7 D with few minutes and no actual role or impact in the league.

Cause then in best on best Swiss can fuel up those NHL stars with top euro players who lets be honest are not that much worse then those bottom feeders in NHL. I know I got a bit carried away in the past on this topic lol, but now I acknowledge that the difference is not that huge.

What is a huge differnce is having 4 or 8 top NHL players on the team, cause they are the difference makers. And we are on a verge of having 8-10 too in a few years, but they need to f***IN start playing anything lol. Thats what pissing me off, other nations stars are steping up and playing what they are expected, ours are way below expectations so far .. all of them even Pasta

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Its rare but in this I disagree with you tbh. At least to some extend. I mean I would rather have 10 players in NHL and 8 of them being top 6 F or top 4 D then having 20 and 16 of them being bottom 6 or 6/7 D with few minutes and no actual role or impact in the league.

Cause then in best on best Swiss can fuel up those NHL stars with top euro players who lets be honest are not that much worse then those bottom feeders in NHL. I know I got a bit carried away in the past on this topic lol, but now I acknowledge that the difference is not that huge.

What is a huge differnce is having 4 or 8 top NHL players on the team, cause they are the difference makers. And we are on a verge of having 8-10 too in a few years, but they need to f***IN start playing anything lol. Thats what pissing me off, other nations stars are steping up and playing what they are expected, ours are way below expectations so far .. all of them even Pasta
I think what seperates us is those bottom guys and all our drafted players in CHL and AHL.

Eg. the top 4 German/Swiss/Slovak guys are great but our Top 4 are Hertl, Pasta, Necas and Zacha - that's pretty comprable IMO. Then add in Hronek (who doesn't get points but is definitely a Top 3 defender on his club). Now add in our Goalies.. who are the Slovak, Swiss and German goalies again? I'll take our boys alll day over them... no knock on Grubauer and Schmidd but they wouldn't be starters for us and maybe wouldn't crack our Top 3.

As far as the annoying bottom minute guys.. yeah, it sucks to see them playing 8 minutes. Some of them are very young and could work their way up... Ivan, Kulich and Jiricek aren't far removed from the World Jrs.

So I agree it sucks but its honestly better than I thought it'd be in September.lol

But yes, some top guys would be great! We definitely have a growing list of guys that won't be around in a few years... Palat leading that charge as he's looking like a buyout.lol Chytil one hit away. Klapka on the fringe. Jenik in AHL. Kral in AHL.

On the other hand.. Sale in AHL is a real bonus! Ivan in NHL is amazing (for now). Klapka in NHL is too (undrafted). Vrana in NHL is too (although he gets 8 shifts and then probably a healthy scratch).lol

Hoping Vej gets traded to Avs.lol

Reactions: Fil

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
I think what seperates us is those bottom guys and all our drafted players in CHL and AHL.

Eg. the top 4 German/Swiss/Slovak guys are great but our Top 4 are Hertl, Pasta, Necas and Zacha - that's pretty comprable IMO. Then add in Hronek (who doesn't get points but is definitely a Top 3 defender on his club). Now add in our Goalies.. who are the Slovak, Swiss and German goalies again? I'll take our boys alll day over them... no knock on Grubauer and Schmidd but they wouldn't be starters for us and maybe wouldn't crack our Top 3.

As far as the annoying bottom minute guys.. yeah, it sucks to see them playing 8 minutes. Some of them are very young and could work their way up... Ivan, Kulich and Jiricek aren't far removed from the World Jrs.

So I agree it sucks but its honestly better than I thought it'd be in September.lol

But yes, some top guys would be great! We definitely have a growing list of guys that won't be around in a few years... Palat leading that charge as he's looking like a buyout.lol Chytil one hit away. Klapka on the fringe. Jenik in AHL. Kral in AHL.

On the other hand.. Sale in AHL is a real bonus! Ivan in NHL is amazing (for now). Klapka in NHL is too (undrafted). Vrana in NHL is too (although he gets 8 shifts and then probably a healthy scratch).lol

Hoping Vej gets traded to Avs.lol
No Vej is our national team goalie he can stay in Utah lamo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad