Current state of Sens roster formation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
um I’m talking about Perron.
Ah my mistake, I misread that. That makes more sense then.

Im assuming he'll be on the left side regardless of his preference, I don't want Giroux or Batherson to be witched to their weak side as they are more important and effective to have them on their proper side than Perron would.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Lol Vegas had Amadio in their top 6 at multiple times, and they've turned out okay.
Not an ideal top 6 guy, but would be fine for spot duty or if they're trying to balance the top 9. Mature, defensively responsible player with decent goal scoring numbers of about an 18g/82 pace the last 3 seasons. If Joseph was fine there for periods of time, no reason Amadio isn't.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Amadio is in our top 6, then we've already resigned ourselves to tanking at that point, we're not competing for anything but a top draft pick if that's where he's slotted.
Guess you didn't watch their run to the cup eh. Was Vegas tanking when he rotated in and out of their top 6? What about when Cousins played top 6 when Florida went to the final. Were they tanking too? Still waiting for you to respond to my post about 'sleepy steves' moves that you hate so much.

Ya we're not Vegas bud
He literally played in a cup winners top 6...... You said if he's in the top 6 they are tanking.

Reactions: Dionysus

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Guess you didn't watch their run to the cup eh. Was Vegas tanking when he rotated in and out of their top 6? What about when Cousins played top 6 when Florida went to the final. Were they tanking too? Still waiting for you to respond to my post about 'sleepy steves' moves that you hate so much.

He literally played in a cup winners top 6...... You said if he's in the top 6 they are tanking.
Key emphasis on the word slotted, as in stapled in on the top 6 for some reason. If you have to spot play him on occasion due to some short term injury then you make do, but if he's going to play as a consistent top 6 player then yes, we're probably looking at a high draft pick at that point.

My post was made in an initial misunderstanding of the original OP post I responded to, which he clarified was read wrong on my part. I'm not expecting him to be a top 6 player, and he definitely isn't unless the team is packing it in, we're not as good as Vegas to be able to play him that high up and expect to seriously compete.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Key emphasis on the word slotted, as in stapled in on the top 6 for some reason. If you have to spot play him on occasion due to some short term injury then you make do, but if he's going to play as a consistent top 6 player then yes, we're probably looking at a high draft pick at that point.

My post was made in an initial misunderstanding of the original OP post I responded to, which he clarified was read wrong on my part. I'm not expecting him to be a top 6 player, and he definitely isn't unless the team is packing it in, we're not as good as Vegas to be able to play him that high up and expect to seriously compete.
No one said that.... he won't be close to top 6 in forward ice time. That doesn't mean he can't play on a scoring line. He's a versatile player with a good stick and a high hockey iq. He should play with the players he has the most chemistry with.

Completely disagree with your last sentence in regards to if he is on a scoring line they can't compete. The sens have had complimentary players like him on scoring lines of successful teams for decades. Why it can work with this exact player somewhere else but not here is illogical.

Staios targeted players that have won that have high levels of hockey IQ for a reason. It's to insulate the elite players on this team. Amadio has skill he showed it many times once given the opportunity.

Reactions: LiseL and Dionysus

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
No one said that.... he won't be close to top 6 in forward ice time. That doesn't mean he can't play on a scoring line. He's a versatile player with a good stick and a high hockey iq. He should play with the players he has the most chemistry with.

Completely disagree with your last sentence in regards to if he is on a scoring line they can't compete. The sens have had complimentary players like him on scoring lines of successful teams for decades. Why it can work with this exact player somewhere else but not here is illogical.

Staios targeted players that have won that have high levels of hockey IQ for a reason. It's to insulate the elite players on this team. Amadio has skill he showed it many times once given the opportunity.
And that is why I clarified that it was a misreading on my part in my original response to the OP i was replying to. It should have been pretty clear it was a misunderstanding on my part, if you read my replies to him and to you. He's not a true top 6 player, unless you're top 6 are injured or are in a tire fire situation, most likely meaning you're tanking and not competing by that point.

You can disagree as much as you want, but we don't have the scoring depth with and aging slowed down Perron and injured Norris on the second line to be able to carry his lack of production, not to mention Chychrun's lost contribution on the offence as well.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
And that is why I clarified that it was a misreading on my part in my original response to the OP i was replying to. It should have been pretty clear it was a misunderstanding on my part, if you read my replies to him and to you. He's not a true top 6 player, unless you're top 6 are injured or are in a tire fire situation, most likely meaning you're tanking and not competing by that point.

You can disagree as much as you want, but we don't have the scoring depth with and aging slowed down Perron and injured Norris on the second line to be able to carry his lack of production, not to mention Chychrun's lost contribution on the offence as well.
A second line that has Stuztle and Giroux on it can easily have a guy like amadio. It's happening every single playoffs look at the last 3 cup Champs they have two stars and a worker on every line.

Perron is a third line player that's fine.... same with Greig.

Reactions: LiseL

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
1726337997737.png

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
A second line that has Stuztle and Giroux on it can easily have a guy like amadio. It's happening every single playoffs look at the last 3 cup Champs they have two stars and a worker on every line.

Perron is a third line player that's fine.... same with Greig.
What? Perron wasnt signed up and paid 4mil to be a 3rd liner, people we're arguing that Joseph was being paid a tad too much at 2.95m and Amadio is a cheaper replacement to justify giving him away and throwing away a pick on top. And isn't Amadio a RW? Why switch him or Giroux to their offside, there is no point in that. We're not a cup caliber team. Why even breakup the Brady-Stu-Giroux line that worked to begin with. None of your arguments make sense. There was no point of this discussion anyhow, we'll just agree he's a 3rd liner and needs to stick to that.

Last edited:

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
What? Perron wasnt signed up and paid 4mil to be a 3rd liner. And isn't Amadio a RW? Why switch him or Giroux to their offside, there is no point in that. Why even breakup the Brady-Stu-Giroux line that worked to begin with. None of your arguments make sense. There was no point of this discussion anyhow, we'll just agree he's a 3rd liner and needs to stick to that.

Overly stuck on differentiating top 6 and top 9. Good teams have three lines that can contribute. Who plays on which of those lines makes little difference. Best players will get more ice time.

Top guy like Stutzle will be 20-21 minutes. Brady 19-20. Perron and Amadio will both be in the 14-17 minute range regardless of if you think it's a 2nd or 3rd line role.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Overly stuck on differentiating top 6 and top 9. Good teams have three lines that can contribute. Who plays on which of those lines makes little difference. Best players will get more ice time.

Top guy like Stutzle will be 20-21 minutes. Brady 19-20. Perron and Amadio will both be in the 14-17 minute range regardless of if you think it's a 2nd or 3rd line role.
It matter in terms of chemistry, if you keep switching lineups around they wont be able to find their rhymth if you keep juggling linemates around.. it still stands if Amadio is playing up top with significant minutes then we're definitely not competing for anything with this lineup, especially if you're trying to play players on their weaker offside as a result on top of it all.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
It matter in terms of chemistry, if you keep switching lineups around they wont be able to find their rhymth if you keep juggling linemates around.. it still stands if Amadio is playing up top with significant minutes then we're definitely not competing for anything with this lineup, especially if you're trying to play players on their weaker offside as a result on top of it all.

Didn't say anything about juggling lines. Amadio won't see much PP time. The point is, if Amadio or Perron is slotted on what is written down as a 2nd or 3rd line, it makes no difference. They will both see similar amounts of ice time.

Sens will need 3 lines that can score. How you label them means very little. The top guys will get their minutes as long as they are playing decently.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Amadio is almost certainly penciled in on the 3rd line where he belongs, but I could see them going with a more balanced top 9 over a loaded top 6.

The line numbers don't mean that much. It's ice time.

If Amado is top 6 in ice time it means the big guns are suxking it up or there injuries in which case the team is f***ed.

The depth is better. This team will be harder to play against when it comes to the bottom half of the lineup. Success will rest on the stars being stars. And if they aren't up to it this core is doomed anyway

Reactions: SENStastic

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Didn't say anything about juggling lines. Amadio won't see much PP time. The point is, if Amadio or Perron is slotted on what is written down as a 2nd or 3rd line, it makes no difference. They will both see similar amounts of ice time.

Sens will need 3 lines that can score. How you label them means very little. The top guys will get their minutes as long as they are playing decently.
Ok, well I still think Amadio playing up is still going to be a drag on that lines production, and we're not that high powered of an offence to begin with, we've lost Chychrun contribution too. It wouldn't make sense to breakup the 1st line that worked, dont want to mess with the only good thing we had going, and playing Amadio instead of Perron on the 2nd also doesnt make sense given the contracts Staios just signed them up for. I prefer consistent lineups to establish chemistry and consistency, meaning Amadios needs to be slotted on the 3rd line most season and only plays up in case of emergency.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015

If Amado is top 6 in ice time it means the big guns are suxking it up or there injuries in which case the team is f***ed.

The depth is better. This team will be harder to play against when it comes to the bottom half of the lineup. Success will rest on the stars being stars. And if they aren't up to it this core is doomed anyway
Pretty much what I've been trying to say.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I don't entirely disagree, but I think that's selling Amadio a bit short. He could play 3rd fiddle on a line if necessary. Joseph did and Amadio is a better player imo, so I don't see the issue. Lots of history of blokes like Colin Greening and Tom Pyatt playing too high up the lineup for the skill set, while the team still found success.

I wouldn't argue he should be top 6, but in a balanced top 9 scenario, it's not a big deal imo. Amadio is an effective player that can fit in because he's also defensively responsible. He's also scored at an almost 20 goal per 82 game pace the last 3 years, which is not bad offensively for a bottom 6 guy that might have to play spot duty higher up.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad