Current state of Sens roster formation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What? Perron wasnt signed up and paid 4mil to be a 3rd liner, people we're arguing that Joseph was being paid a tad too much at 2.95m and Amadio is a cheaper replacement to justify giving him away and throwing away a pick on top. And isn't Amadio a RW? Why switch him or Giroux to their offside, there is no point in that. We're not a cup caliber team. Why even breakup the Brady-Stu-Giroux line that worked to begin with. None of your arguments make sense. There was no point of this discussion anyhow, we'll just agree he's a 3rd liner and needs to stick to that.
Perron is a pest and wants to play RW. He fits very well with Greig in that role. The teams going to have an identity. That's the point of Staios's moves. As I pointed out in the post you didn't respond to. Amadio plays all 3 forward positions.

Tkachuk Pinto Batherson was amazing last year. A huge line that matches up amazing against other teams top lines.

None of my arguments make sense... My arguments come from the idea this team is being built with purpose. Not an accumulation of talent that doesn't fit. The GM is going it for a reason. It makes sense why you don't like it. You're not seeing what they are doing.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Perron is a pest and wants to play RW. He fits very well with Greig in that role. The teams going to have an identity. That's the point of Staios's moves. As I pointed out in the post you didn't respond to. Amadio plays all 3 forward positions.

Tkachuk Pinto Batherson was amazing last year. A huge line that matches up amazing against other teams top lines.

None of my arguments make sense... My arguments come from the idea this team is being built with purpose. Not an accumulation of talent that doesn't fit. The GM is going it for a reason. It makes sense why you don't like it. You're not seeing what they are doing.
If you want them to build a pest like identity then it would serve the team better to spread that around than concentrating it in one lineup. Having a line with a pest in Greig, a decent skaing Amadio and a good two way center in Pinto is far more balance and appealing than stapling Perron in there that makes an already mid skating lineup even slower. That doesn't seem balanced, you're already not expecting much production from your 3rd line, having Amadio there as energy makes much more sense.

You leave up the point producers that carry the load, and add some grit there, while still getting some from your bottom 6, not try to force Amadio to fit in where he'll drag production down. You're trying hard to fit him in where he doesn't naturally belong, and its just doesn't making sense to do that. Its as simple as that for me. Amadio belongs on the 3rd line, if he's playing up it still means we're not in a good place.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If you want them to build a pest like identity then it would serve the team better to spread that around than concentrating it in one lineup. Having a line with a pest in Greig, a decent skaing Amadio and a good two way center in Pinto is far more balance and appealing than stapling Perron in there that makes an already mid skating lineup even slower. That doesn't seem balanced, you're already not expecting much production from your 3rd line, having Amadio there as energy makes much more sense.

You leave up the point producers that carry the load, and add some grit there, while still getting some from your bottom 6, not try to force Amadio to fit in where he'll drag production down. You're trying hard to fit him in where he doesn't naturally belong, and its just doesn't making sense to do that. Its as simple as that for me. Amadio belongs on the 3rd line, if he's playing up it still means we're not in a good place.
No having an identity line makes sense that feeds off of one another because they play that way. Pinto is a much better player than Perron. Greig is much better at center as well, he hangs onto pucks and creates offense and space. Norris should be moved to the wing. This is a lineup thats built with a purpose.

Tkachuk Pinto Batherson
Norris Stutzle Giroux
Amadio Greig Perron
Gregor Ostapchuk Cousins

Send the first line out against the other teams best players same with the third line.

Reactions: Boud

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It matter in terms of chemistry, if you keep switching lineups around they wont be able to find their rhymth if you keep juggling linemates around.. it still stands if Amadio is playing up top with significant minutes then we're definitely not competing for anything with this lineup, especially if you're trying to play players on their weaker offside as a result on top of it all.
You don't seem to grasp how ice time is distributed. Every line takes 35 to 40 second shifts.

• Haha
Reactions: SENStastic

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
1726447819773.png

1726447853518.png

1726447872266.png

Reactions: bicboi64

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad