Crouse

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Crouse also seems a little bit like a big giant power forward who's in touch with his emotions. It would not surprise me if the relocation rumors affected him more than anyone else on the team. His play completely fell off around the time the talks started up.
Crouse has already sold him home in Arizona. I don't think relocation will/have affected him at all. Same probably holds true for most of the players.

Reactions: Grimes

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ok finally think I have a win win offer. Power for Crouse, Carcone and 2 seconds this draft?
Put that proposal up on the trade forum and you'll quickly find out exactly how win-win it really is.

And if Carcone isn't enough of a clincher then maybe you can add Jenik too? And if that still falls short then maybe add a 4th rounder?

I think if you want to get close to acquiring Power then you have to offer Crouse + 6 OA.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
and Maccelli is a good player. the problem is it is easier to find small wings with skill and most teams have about 2-3 guys in their pipeline that have that type of profile. Buffalo is one of those teams that has about 5-6.
Agreed. And I didn’t mean in a trade to Buffalo. I just mean in general.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Ok finally think I have a win win offer. Power for Crouse, Carcone and 2 seconds this draft?
Think unless you're using the 6oa, the next logical piece without including the russians will be Geekie, luckily Buffalo might really like that as they've already got Savoie and Benson.

Still likely need to add, only other thing I can think of that Buffalo MIGHT want from us would be a goalie or a D to replace Power. If they aren't set on Levi being ready to make the jump and back up Luukkonen all season yet then Vej would be a decent back-up going into next season and only has one year left.
Assuming Moser and Durzi aren't being added then I think Valimaki would be the best D to offer.

First offer I'd likely put in front of Buffalo would be Crouse+Geekie+Vej or Valimaki. Not sure that gets it done, but should get the ball rolling if they are even interested in moving Power.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Powers $8m+ for 7 years seems like Buffalo is pretty committed to him...and he did what he is going to do last year, stretch pass, get assists, don't bother with D. Seems like a Sabre kind of player.

Crouse moving the needle when they have Greenway and a myriad of other forwards...I don't see it.

I would personally, like Utah to be different and have defensemen that play, you know, defense so, wouldn't be excited to spend assets on him and his sizable contract.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Hear what you are saying but would rather lose 5 to 4 then win 2 to 1. So much effective offense is generated from the dman. We are sorely lacking that number 1 d. Drafting lots of possible 2 to 4 Dmen.

We should be good, hopefully great at nasty dminded Dmen.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Hear what you are saying but would rather lose 5 to 4 then win 2 to 1. So much effective offense is generated from the dman. We are sorely lacking that number 1 d. Drafting lots of possible 2 to 4 Dmen.

We should be good, hopefully great at nasty dminded Dmen.
I will take a 2-1, or 1-0 win every day of the week and twice on Sunday over a loss by any score. Winning > Losing.

Powers is a potential number 1 D only in an Erik Karlsson kind of way. Number 1 D defend against number 1 forward groups.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I kinda disagree

Example:
Stamkos on a 1 year (then do the 35yo bonus-laden contract the next season).

But I do agree with the premise, but we still need to get over the floor (strange to have to say this). Expecting quite a few ELCs on the roster. Might as well give it to someone that deserves it and only for a year.
I kinda agree with your disagreement. The context in my comment is overpayment with assets. I don't care about overpaying on cash so long as it is short-term. Like you say, gotta give it to someone. I don't think a one year deal for Stamkos gets it done and will take 2-3 years between 8 & 9 mil minimum. This would be fun. would cause a lot of buzz for Utah and Keller would own the league with a playmaker like Stamkos. You would be bringing on veteran, won cups kinda leadership, It would also take pressure off of Cooley. So, if he becomes available and if he is willing to come to Utah...sure, it would be fun and should not have significant ramifications on the rebuild.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Sign Zadorov for Zadorov money (disclaimer, just a comparable) and Keep Crouse. Do not trade for Powers.

I see Lindholm as a fit, but he is not likely to sign until after free agency has started. We should still be way under the cap anyways.

What a trade with the Sens to bring back Chychrun to the franchise may look like:
The Sens are likely to ask for Lamoureux for Chychrun, I'd be alright if Pinto was coming back with Chychrun.
Chychrun and Pinto
for
Lamoureux, Kesselring, Hayton, Carcone, and Ott's '26 2nd.
That trade would make Utah a playoff team, so it's unlikely that the Sens won't move on from Pinto in favor of Hayton.

According to Capfriendly, we have 9 forwards signed, RFA Hayton, and with Doan, Guenther, and Geekie currently assigned to Tucson = 13. Forwards are not a priority!

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Chychrun and Pinto
for
Lamoureux, Kesselring, Hayton, Carcone, and Ott's '26 2nd.
That trade would make Utah a playoff team, so it's unlikely that the Sens won't move on from Pinto in favor of Hayton.

I'm no good at trade value, but isn't this a quantity for quality trade? I'm not sure it's enough quality goin back to OTT. :dunno:

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I will take a 2-1, or 1-0 win every day of the week and twice on Sunday over a loss by any score. Winning > Losing.

Powers is a potential number 1 D only in an Erik Karlsson kind of way. Number 1 D defend against number 1 forward groups.
Powers is very strong on D. He's well rounded but his shutdown D is more of a strength than his offense.

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
Why do you say that?
Sabres fans have a saying about Power. "Power had the best seat in the house for that goal." Because when a goal is scored, you almost always see Power standing in front of the Sabres net (doing nothing), standing at the side of the net (doing nothing), behind the goalie (doing nothing), following an opposition forward to the net (doing nothing).

He is the definition of bad defence.

And soft. He is the 2nd softest dman on the softest team in the league (Bryson is the worst).

Is that really someone Utah wants??? :oops: Armstrong has to be smarter than that.

Crouse, however, is a dream player for Buffalo. Fans have been praying for a Crouse trade for the last 3-4 years, every year, and still is today.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Sabres fans have a saying about Power. "Power had the best seat in the house for that goal." Because when a goal is scored, you almost always see Power standing in front of the Sabres net (doing nothing), standing at the side of the net (doing nothing), behind the goalie (doing nothing), following an opposition forward to the net (doing nothing).

He is the definition of bad defence.

And soft. He is the 2nd softest dman on the softest team in the league (Bryson is the worst).

Is that really someone Utah wants??? :oops: Armstrong has to be smarter than that.

Crouse, however, is a dream player for Buffalo. Fans have been praying for a Crouse trade for the last 3-4 years, every year, and still is today.
Seems odd that a young D on a bad team who is really bad defensively ends up plus 8 on the season and has been plus in each season he has played??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad