Value of: Crosby to the Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
The Pens golden years are coming to a close, regardless of any recent win streaks. They will most likely get bounced again in the first or second round, especially with Sullivan behind the bench.

Sid to the Avs makes sense. He gets another shot at a cup on a legit contender, and gets to play with his buddy Mack. Pens get a nice return in order to rebuild. What would it take?

Reactions: Postanin CB Ting

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Penguins won their division last year. Toughest division in the league. They didn't go far in the playoffs - no disrespect to Isles who played great and deserved to win - but if Pens had gotten even below average goaltending (instead of, completely putrid) - good chance they make it to game 7 and possibly win out in round 1. So - lost in round 1 sure, but a bit of a fluke reason why due to horrid goaltending.

Penguins are 5 points out of division league, with 48 games to go right now. They're also on a very strong streak. Good chance they contend for division title again this year, and honestly, they might win it again. All of this this season with Malkin yet to play a single game so far.

If I'm Pens management - the last thing on my mind is "let's rebuild". Rather, I'm thinking "let's go win another cup".

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
The Pens golden years are coming to a close, regardless of any recent win streaks. They will most likely get bounced again in the first or second round, especially with Sullivan behind the bench.

Sid to the Avs makes sense. He gets another shot at a cup on a legit contender, and gets to play with his buddy Mack. Pens get a nice return in order to rebuild. What would it take?
Crosby isn't being traded.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You won't like the answer. If Mac isn't moved in that trade, it would be Makar+++. That's the only way the Pens would even think about it.

Evergreen

Crosby isn't getting traded with the Pens 9-1 in the last 10, in a playoff spot, and about to get Malkin back. If the team were way outside the playoffs, then I could see Crosby being amenable to a trade. But I doubt that's happening now.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
It’s not even about the value of the player at this point, it’s his sentimental value to the organization.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Not sure why Colorado would trade the better, younger player and then add on top of it.

Anyways… Pens are contending this season and Sid will be staying in Pittsburgh.

Of course Colorado wouldn't do it. That would be insane. But it would also be insane for Pittsburgh to move the face of their franchise for anything less.

Which is why a trade won't happen (knock on wood, cause these days you never know).

Reactions: Muttonchops

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Slow day ???? If pitt was struggling there would.be some more merit. Unfortunately they think they can contend and there is about much chance as sid moving as you getting a new girlfriend

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam

If you are being honest to yourself, and you really think about your question…… does it seem ridiculous?
Is there any chance the Pens trade Crosby? nope.

Not to mention your assessment of where the penguins are as a team is way off ass well.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I don’t think this Penguins group is done just yet. Can’t see Crosby going anywhere.

I’d imagine you're starting with Newhook and Byram though and go from there.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Well if you want him to play with Mack the return starts with Makar. And if you want to keep Makar the return starts with Mack. If you want to keep both of those guys, which I’m assuming is the case:
Rantanen
Byram
Girard
Newhook
And keep adding 1st round picks till Pittsburgh says yes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad