Crosby and his future with the Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Benchwarmer

Apr 9, 2005
England
Step 1: fire Mike Johnston immediately

Step 2: watch Sid put up 100 pts in the final 63 games of the season

I'd tend to agree with this, look at what happened to Ovechkin during the Dale Hunter coaching period, dropped down to 65 pts during 11-12 season when they adopted a defence first system.

They then brought in Oates and his totals improved, now they've got a proven winning coach in Trotz he's back to his best.

Like a few on here, I suspect Sid is just not compatible with the coaching system they have in place.

I still maintain as I have always thought, Malkin has ALWAYS been the better player though.

WooWooKennyWu*

Let's turn this thread into an unhinged trade proposal thread.

To Philadelphia:
Crosby
Bennett
Scuderi
Kunitz

To Pittsburgh:
Giroux
Voracek
McDonald

If I'm JR and Hextall calls me with that offer today, I have to at least consider it, IMO TBH.

I'm not sure what's worse. Failing to recognize Crosby doesn't drive to the net anymore because he fears the concussion or this trade right here. He is more susceptible to the concussion than almost every single NHL player given his history. Does the name Eric Lindros ring a bell? I would expect the Sidney Crosby story to model the Eric Lindros story and Sid is doing everything in his power to make sure that doesn't happen.

Concussions are scary ****

As for the trade, McDonald got put on waivers and Voracek has ONE goal. Love seeing the sheep go hmmm, not bad. Like get a ******* clue. Straight fleeced

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I'd tend to agree with this, look at what happened to Ovechkin during the Dale Hunter coaching period, dropped down to 65 pts during 11-12 season when they adopted a defence first system.

They then brought in Oates and his totals improved, now they've got a proven winning coach in Trotz he's back to his best.

Like a few on here, I suspect Sid is just not compatible with the coaching system they have in place.

I still maintain as I have always thought, Malkin has ALWAYS been the better player though.

Always, huh... Even those few seasons where he wasn't? ('07, '10-'11, '13).

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Let's turn this thread into an unhinged trade proposal thread.

To Philadelphia:
Crosby
Bennett
Scuderi
Kunitz

To Pittsburgh:
Giroux
Voracek
McDonald

If I'm JR and Hextall calls me with that offer today, I have to at least consider it, IMO TBH.

Then I'm glad you are not JR. This is a terrible deal for us. You add round about 5 million $ for next year until 2020. McDonald is nearly as bad as Scuderi and Voracek has scored one goal this season. Would be kind of funny if we had signed him to his new contract and the next thing he would do is slump like this. Board would have exploded.

Sid is gonna come back if we get a new coach. Right now he looks like **** but if you trade the best player of the last 10 years (who signed a sweetheart deal), before you fire your coach, under whom every player produces a career low, you are accomplishing a worse trade than Despres->Lovejoy. And that means a lot.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I hate this place

After reading this thread, so do I.

BCOLzUL.gif

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah I think we've gone pretty far off the rails when we've reached the "unhinged trade proposal" stage of the thread. We'll get back to this a little later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad