Value of: Criminals to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
What physical players are available that can play a regular shift. Ideally after a top 6 winger and a top 4 LD. Both with a bit of piss n vinegar to their game. Preferably in their mid twenties.

Byfield, Turcotte and Clarke are off the table but pretty much everyone else is up for discussion.

Who's available?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So what actually would be on the table if you are taking those guys off the table?
top 6 F or top 4 D in their mid 20’s?
Why would a team give that up unless they got something of value?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
4th liners, maybe, but top 6 forwards and top 4 D like this are rarely available during the season except at the trade deadline. The Kings had their chance when guys like Ellis, Buchnevich, and Dillon all moved during the summer. Even depth players like Reaves and Blais.

There's a reason Coleman and Hyman got paid. Teams make moves like this during summer, not in the first quarter of the season. Maybe there's an older-ish (closer to 30) guy like this who is a massive cap dump you can acquire without giving up assets (given that LA is a team that needs to be building instead of spending)???

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
What would you offer for JT Miller?

What are you after, futures or roster players?
Kempe + Walker + pick?

So what actually would be on the table if you are taking those guys off the table?
top 6 F or top 4 D in their mid 20’s?
Why would a team give that up unless they got something of value?

We have a lot of really good prospects outside of those guys, admittedly a tier down, but im not asking for an elite player. We also have guys like Kempe that may interest cap strapped teams (ie a retained kempe + for a more expensive player.

Go get Crouse and Stralman in ARI.
Likely get both for 2nd and 3rd in off setting years

I wouldnt mind Crouse, but LA and Zona organisations arent that friendly.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
What are you after, futures or roster players?
Kempe + Walker + pick?

A thirty point winger (I know, I know he will do better away from LA's system, but still) and an undersized, puck moving D (even a righty) aren't really needs. Miller has been a point per game and has provided leadership, physical play and was a significant investment for a team desperate to make the playoffs.

I know it was one of our guys that brought his name up, but that offer is no where near enough.

A sound defensive, preferably physical, RHD that can play big, important minutes, is really the only hole that Millers absence could justify filling, and, that's one guy on the King's roster I know would block a trade here. Futures wouldn't be entertained by Benning, as missing the playoffs this year is all ownership needs to can him. We need similar things to what has been asked for in this thread, otherwise.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
For those unfamiliar, Dean Lombardi once said that basically every team needs a couple criminals on it, meaning you can't have 23 goody-two-shoes. You need some snarl. Not literal criminals. This was also said well before anything that happened after June 2014, as the Kings actually did have a couple guys go afoul of the law after that.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Please stop.........

The Kings problem of missing the right skill and playing hockey from the 70's can't be fixed by adding goons from the 70's
We have Lemieux and he is rarely played. How about we start here?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Please stop.........

The Kings problem of missing the right skill and playing hockey from the 70's can't be fixed by adding goons from the 70's
We have Lemieux and he is rarely played. How about we start here?

How bout you please stop. Who said goons? Im just after players that play with a pair.

Reactions: David Lunch

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
How about something around Vilardi?

Its probably too soon for us to move on from Vilardi. Byfield and Turcotte need to establish themselves before I'd be comfortable moving him.

I don't think id move Vilardi for Miller even then.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
What physical players are available that can play a regular shift. Ideally after a top 6 winger and a top 4 LD. Both with a bit of piss n vinegar to their game. Preferably in their mid twenties.

Its probably too soon for us to move on from Vilardi. Byfield and Turcotte need to establish themselves before I'd be comfortable moving him.

But you're not getting physical and productive players in their mid 20's for Kempe and Walker though. If the Kings are desperate, and someone wants to take a chance that Vilardi has potential left, then you have to pull the trigger on it. Or, just live with what you got. Or, grab another 4th line warm body who might hit someone for a mid rd pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad