Crazy weather thread

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Death Valley record, for wettest day.

While Las Vegas Valley has been pretty much unaffected by Hilary, the western mountains (Spring Mountains, Mt Charleston) are a different story. Major flooding, road washouts.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Is this the thread where I can complain about my Crazy Sister, who moved to Florida after living in the U.S. Midwest for 60+ years on the sole premise that "the weather is nicer down there"? :banghead:

FVJKQOJEVWUWIFIMQZWQGAN3ZU.jpg

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Pretty crazy what's going down for the Burning Man festival. There are, I believe, 70k+ people stranded w/ people getting disease similar to what WW1 soldiers dealt with in the trenches.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't know if we have any people from the Northwest Territories but I hope you guys will be okay.
I'm from Yellowknife. Just got back on Monday evening after 18 days away. The evacuation order should be lifted by tomorrow afternoon.

It was crazy. We're all safe, so is the city. Mind you, other towns here in the north got shelled pretty good and some are still at risk.

Reactions: Seedtype

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Crazy start of September heat wave here in the North East. 4th day in a row over temps in the 31 to 35 range with humidex temp of about 40. Dogs don't want to go out for long they come right back in after doing their business...malamutes love the winter but not fans of the summer.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Crazy start of September heat wave here in the North East. 4th day in a row over temps in the 31 to 35 range with humidex temp of about 40. Dogs don't want to go out for long they come right back in after doing their business...malamutes love the winter but not fans of the summer.
You have dogs with a business? You must be rich! :yashin:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lee is certainly a big boy, if it does in fact stay close to the coast and not out to sea because of the jetstream, I'm prediction that Nova Scotia will be it's target.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lee is certainly a big boy, if it does in fact stay close to the coast and not out to sea because of the jetstream, I'm prediction that Nova Scotia will be it's target.

As a Nova Scotian I'm hoping this prediction goes about as good as your Barbie Movie prediction.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Looks like my prediction might be correct. Heading right to Nova Scotia. Though it will probably only be a Cat 1-2 by then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad