Craig Anderson

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
No, I was definitely advocating for switching to Anderson after game 2. It was the right move. Hammond just did not look comfortable at any point during this series and having been afforded a chance to work it out, the Sens rightly went back to Anderson.

I'm just saying that I don't think even a healthy Anderson would have been able to have the sort of run Hammond did to get us here. At this point I doubt Hammond could replicate it as well.

No team will be able to replicate what the Sens did. Well at least for a long long time.

Lets also not forgot that the Sens got a lot of help from other teams during their run.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Even at 100% I doubt he'd be able to do what Hammond did. That's why it was considered historic.

Yeah, agreed. That streak was "right place, at the right time, with the right guy, and the right bounces, and the right players, and the right everything". It'll be incredibly hard to replicate ever again, Hammond or no Hammond.

I don't think Anderson starting in the playoffs takes away from what Hammond did, though. It was special.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah, agreed. That streak was "right place, at the right time, with the right guy, and the right bounces, and the right players, and the right everything". It'll be incredibly hard to replicate ever again, Hammond or no Hammond.

I don't think Anderson starting in the playoffs takes away from what Hammond did, though. It was special.

For historic to become legendary, Anderson gets injured, Hammond come back to help the Sens win the Stanley cup

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Anderson is our number one goaltender. He gave us hope early in the year and he steals games in the playoffs.

Hammond's magic may have put Lehner's future with Ottawa into question; that future will be hotly debated this summer. Ironically, because Anderson is perennially injured for a significant time each year, the organization has the capacity to have three competitive goalies available for NHL duty (contracts permitting) in the system. Moreover, Anderson's willingness to settle for cap-friendly contracts makes that a greater possibility.

Hammond really holds the cards in determining our goaltending direction. After his epic accomplishment, there may be some teams willing to risk significant money on him hoping he pans out. As a free agent, he has that choice.

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
IN20200700THE-THICK-OF-ITPI.jpg

"Congratulations Mr. Goaltender, with your big, baldy head. "

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
You can say that about the whole team the way they played last night. Before the game winner the team was a complete mess with little possession. Even if Hammond came up with some phenomenal saves the team didn't deserve to win. The only time you should change goalies for one who has rusted completely over is if the former is the problem; and so far he isn't. That is way too big of a gamble for game 3.

Wow..... nice call

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
we have a new anderson gif lol

Love how he responded to Prust

Anderson, Boro and Wier are having great series. Wier more offensively

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I just wish he was in the same league as Mr. Price

He is, and always has been. He hasn't had a defense in front of him. And frankly, he didn't have much of a D in front of him tonight either but they were very good at grabbing rebounds and getting the puck away from him. Andy made the first save, which is all he should have to do.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Anderson says he feels 25 again...god i hope not.. he sucked when he was 25 :P

well not really but you get my point lol

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
LoL Tony Marinaro on the drive today

if he wasn't the most annoying person to listen to i might be interested to hear what he comes up with next time he's on

Can't argue with his one point though, "Anderson stinks!":laugh::shakehead:facepalm:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Definitely need to keep the last few pages of this thread at hand for January or so of next season when the team has a bit of a slump and people blame Andy for everything.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
It's funny how things worked out. Hammond got the team to the playoffs but the benefit of Andy missing so many games to injury is that now he's hot and well rested for the playoffs. Wish Anderson would have been given game 2 we might be looking at ending MTL's season in game 6 instead of fighting for our lives.

Courty

Apr 13, 2007
Anderson is our number one goaltender. He gave us hope early in the year and he steals games in the playoffs.

Hammond's magic may have put Lehner's future with Ottawa into question; that future will be hotly debated this summer. Ironically, because Anderson is perennially injured for a significant time each year, the organization has the capacity to have three competitive goalies available for NHL duty (contracts permitting) in the system. Moreover, Anderson's willingness to settle for cap-friendly contracts makes that a greater possibility.

Hammond really holds the cards in determining our goaltending direction. After his epic accomplishment, there may be some teams willing to risk significant money on him hoping he pans out. As a free agent, he has that choice.

Yah, Hammond is a huge gamble. What a remarkable story he has though. He should definitely get signed, but regardless its a huge risk for any team he ends up playing for. That being said, I would feel a little crusty about seeing him go to another team, he's just such a likeable character.

He may be well worth the risk, but he will not truly be tested until he plays a season under a NHL contract. We've all seen him at his best, and he has potential to get better with NHL goalie coaching, but on the other hand no one has seen him at this worst, which is a scary thing. What does Hammond look like completely off his game??? No one will know until that game happens. Because you have to bet throughout a whole season he will have those bad moments, just like every rookie goalie in the NHL.

I've been saying this since the beginning of this "goalie controversy". I always knew Hammond's success never truly threatened Anderson's future because Anderson is 100%, in every aspect, a better goalie than Hammond and Lehner. That's just a fact.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I find it funny that Anderson is a big proponent of shot blocking yet MacLean didnt want the players doing it.

Anderson's quote today on blocking shots "Thats the difference between winning and losing right there..."

lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad