Craig Anderson

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Pass the crow..

Did not think Andy would be playing this well after being out for so long.

Good on Cameron. Made the right choice.
I would've stuck with Hammond just because he got them here.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
It's crazy how short people's memories are. This really is a "what have you done for me lately" buisness.

Anderson should have started game 1. Hell, he should have been starting when he got back from injury.

These past two games have been a good reminder of how he turns it on in the playoffs.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It's crazy how short people's memories are. This really is a "what have you done for me lately" buisness.

Anderson should have started game 1. Hell, he should have been starting when he got back from injury.

These past two games have been a good reminder of how he turns it on in the playoffs.

I think going with Hammond for game 1 was justified. He played very well down the stretch and deserved the opportunity to continue. Shouldn't have played game 2 though - that was the mistake.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I think going with Hammond for game 1 was justified. He played very well down the stretch and deserved the opportunity to continue. Shouldn't have played game 2 though - that was the mistake.

True. Though I think in the chance we're not able to come back and win this series, we'll look back and realize Game 3 was the game that really killed us.

That OT loss was devastating

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Starting Hammond in the second game was perfectly justified too. He deserved 2-game leash with that run no matter what.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Beast

You can trust Andy to bring his A game. Hammond was great but you didn't know what to expect from him. I applaud Hammond for what he did but Andy is our go to goalie.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I agree with all the goaltending calls made so far in the playoffs. I would have given Hammond the first two games too. After that game 2 it was obvious it was time for Anderson. Anderson did great in game 3, and it justified bringing him back for game 4. Now he's firmly the go-to guy again.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Please do not erase Hammond's Herculean efforts to get us here.

Had we switched to Anderson during that run we would most likely not be here. Stop trying to whitewash history.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Haha I tried to throw my hat when they were announcing Andy as the first star, hit someone in the head, and then had to duck and run out of their when security came in.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Please do not erase Hammond's Herculean efforts to get us here.

Had we switched to Anderson during that run we would most likely not be here. Stop trying to whitewash history.

This. Anderson was hurt. He is the type of goalie that needs to be 100% to play 100%. He was hurt and Hammond pulled this team from the abyss. He earned his two starts in the playoffs.

All I want is for people to remember that THIS is Craig Anderson and why we need him here for 4 years. He is a playoff beast capable of single-handedly changing a series. He did it for Colorado, and he's done it for us. Recognize that this is one of, if not, the best goalie we've ever had. Stop trying to replace him the first chance you get.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
When has a healthy Craig Anderson ever cost us an important "must win" game?

The entire team disappeared during that Penguins series a few years back and left him out to dry, and Andy basically stole the show vs the Rangers. Dude did all he could to win us that series.

Craig Anderson has a career .928 playoff sv%, and that includes the Pittsburgh series.

LOL!

This.

Had we had a Craig Anderson instead of a Patrick Lalime, we'd be looking at some recent banners in our rafters.

The guy has never had a compete team in front of him. Panthers, Avs, Senators.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Our best goalie looked like our best goalie?

SHOCKING.

This. People forget so quickly, it was not even 5 months ago that he was the only reason we won games. You read through pages on this board and people we're calling him to get traded because Hammond had won 15 games.... Anderson is our #1 goalie, amd he has been for the last 3 years. Unless he gets traded, that won't change either.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
This. Anderson was hurt. He is the type of goalie that needs to be 100% to play 100%. He was hurt and Hammond pulled this team from the abyss. He earned his two starts in the playoffs.

All I want is for people to remember that THIS is Craig Anderson and why we need him here for 4 years. He is a playoff beast capable of single-handedly changing a series. He did it for Colorado, and he's done it for us. Recognize that this is one of, if not, the best goalie we've ever had. Stop trying to replace him the first chance you get.

Even at 100% I doubt he'd be able to do what Hammond did. That's why it was considered historic.

Then Hammond didn't have a good couple games and now we're here. Mostly correct decisions on Cameron's part.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Even at 100% I doubt he'd be able to do what Hammond did. That's why it was considered historic.

Then Hammond didn't have a good couple games and now we're here. Mostly correct decisions on Cameron's part.

I don't quite know if Hammond would have been able to do what Anderson has done the past two games the thing. We could have attributed Hammond's shaky performance to the fact he had some nerves playing in his first playoff games... but what if his shaky play had continued even at home?

Anderson's calmed everything down and he's a proven playoff performer as well as played this team before.

I don't know how much of a chance we have of winning if we were to start Hammond in Montreal again for game 5.. but I like our chances with Anderson. If he can keep this type of performance up and we play like we did tonight I think we have a good chance of getting the w

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I don't quite know if Hammond would have been able to do what Anderson has done the past two games the thing. We could have attributed Hammond's shaky performance to the fact he had some nerves playing in his first playoff games... but what if his shaky play had continued even at home?

Anderson's calmed everything down and he's a proven playoff performer as well as played this team before.

I don't know how much of a chance we have of winning if we were to start Hammond in Montreal again for game 5.. but I like our chances with Anderson. If he can keep this type of performance up and we play like we did tonight I think we have a good chance of getting the w

No, I was definitely advocating for switching to Anderson after game 2. It was the right move. Hammond just did not look comfortable at any point during this series and having been afforded a chance to work it out, the Sens rightly went back to Anderson.

I'm just saying that I don't think even a healthy Anderson would have been able to have the sort of run Hammond did to get us here. At this point I doubt Hammond could replicate it as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad