Craig Anderson

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
He has done literally nothing this season to deserve the "he's the number 1 goalie" line that MacLean uses to justify starting this awful goaltender. Give Lehner the reigns.

Unfortunately it seems to be a repeat of what he did in Colorado. Playing horribly and losing all trade value in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He's done a lot to be our number 1 for sure...bad year this year though. how quickly we forget how many games he stole in the past 2 seasons

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I'm more worried about MacLean's decisions to play one goalie for both games on back-to-backs. Andy isn't really the problem. Has he been phenomenal? No. But his mediocre save percentage has as much - if not more - to do with the systemic defensive problems this team has as it does with his individual performance.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Agreed, but realistically its not like the rest of the team is pushing that hard...there hasn't been that much of a balance between goaltending and scoring this year unfortunately. But its obvious that he is lacing confidence currently. Everyone knows Lehner should have had the start tonight

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
I doubt he has much value any more to any GM that has been paying attention.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
That doesnt mean he's allowed to cost us games THIS SEASON.

This. He isn't the goalie of the future. If Lehner has a bad game at least he is getting experience for when he is the starter. Right now a bad game for Andy just brings down his trade value.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He has been the worst goaltender in the league this season

I just hope he isn't giving up on this team like he gave up on Colorado in 2011

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Should have kept all 3 goalies into the summer and traded Anderson at that point...

His value was never going to be higher and we traded a #1 goalie for a borderline bottom 6 winger that doesnt do much other than be "pesky"

Should have rolled with Lehner/Bishop for the next 5-7 years

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
What? he hasnt been good but part of it is the mediocre defense we have. Trade Andy only if we are 100% sure Lehner is ready, so far Lehner has been good but he had few games where you think he should be sitting, I dotn think Lehner is ready to play 50,60, maybe even 70 games in a season, he needs more games under his belt

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Should have kept all 3 goalies into the summer and traded Anderson at that point...

His value was never going to be higher and we traded a #1 goalie for a borderline bottom 6 winger that doesnt do much other than be "pesky"

Should have rolled with Lehner/Bishop for the next 5-7 years

Hindsight 20/20 – and I definitely wouldn't have traded Anderson at that point – but these team would be in such a strong position if we had gotten a legit top 6 forward or top 3 defenceman for Anderson and kept Bishop.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I feel completely vindicated calling for us to trade him last year when he actually had some value.

To those who say Lehner isn't ready I'd like to point out that his numbers were superior to those of Ben Bishop last year both in Ottawa and in Binghamton. Bishop looks awesome as a starter this year.

Could you imagine a Lehner/Bishop tandem plus the top four dman or top six forward we would have received for Anderson last year. Unfortunately I don't think we could get more than a mid round draft pick for him now.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Hindsight 20/20 – and I definitely wouldn't have traded Anderson at that point – but these team would be in such a strong position if we had gotten a legit top 6 forward or top 3 defenceman for Anderson and kept Bishop.

Its not hindsight if you didnt like the trade at the time...

No reason to make a deal when they did.... whatsoever

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
While our whole defensive group is playing like garbage, anderson is not helping either.

Before you say that anderson is not at fault for these loses, i will use an example of another team that is somewhat having the same problem as us.

I use the leafs as an example. Besides a couple of games, their goalies have been keeping them in games they had no business winning. The leafs have been giving up as many quality shots as the sens have.

Last edited:

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Don't worry guys, I got this.

Just sent this over to Anderson's house, Lehner will be the starter by weekends end

forzen1.jpg

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I think the series against the pens destroyed him mentally.

I think this is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Anyways... the Sens don't need to trade him. They do need to let the better goalie play right now though... or at least in a situation where you would normally start your backup.

Playing Andy again tonight was very questionable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad