Proposal: Coyotes Need an Average Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The Yotes are tanking on purpose. But this is too much. They’re winless in four (which is great) but are losing by an average of 2 goals to 5.5 goals (which is not acceptable).

Karel Vejmelka has been surprisingly okay but he’s never played in the NHL before. Carter Hutton probably wouldn’t even be a decent AHL goaltender, in all honesty. He really can’t play goalie at all anymore. Not even a little.

The Coyotes don’t need a very good goalie. They just need an NHL caliber goalie. Someone who’s average or at least mediocre.

I’d be willing to trade Phil Kessel retained to 3.4aav (yes, this is possible, if you think it’s not, please don’t reply because you’re wrong).

I’d also be willing to trade Nick Schmaltz and would accept a salary dump back with the goalie for him. Also, I’d likely need a 3rd or 4th line center back if Schmaltz is going.

Happy to add Korenar if your team needs G some depth back in order to move a G.

Not trading Crouse. Don’t ask.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Having a good goalie(at least at the start of the season) ended up costing you guys Eichel back in 2015. This time the Coyotes are doing tanking the Wright way!
Arizona hopped on the McEichel Tank Train a wee bit too late. It never should have been in doubt and they should have tanked out of the gate. Lesson learned.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
The Yotes are tanking on purpose. But this is too much. They’re winless in four (which is great) but are losing by an average of 2 goals to 5.5 goals (which is not acceptable).

Karel Vejmelka has been surprisingly okay but he’s never played in the NHL before. Carter Hutton probably wouldn’t even be a decent AHL goaltender, in all honesty. He really can’t play goalie at all anymore. Not even a little.

The Coyotes don’t need a very good goalie. They just need an NHL caliber goalie. Someone who’s average or at least mediocre.

I’d be willing to trade Phil Kessel retained to 3.4aav (yes, this is possible, if you think it’s not, please don’t reply because you’re wrong).

I’d also be willing to trade Nick Schmaltz and would accept a salary dump back with the goalie for him. Also, I’d likely need a 3rd or 4th line center back if Schmaltz is going.

Greiss
Wallinder
Avs 4th 2022

For

Kessel(@50%)
Hutton

Interesting or no? I'm ok either way rt.

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary

If this doesn't sound like Mikko Koskinen trade request, I don't know what does.

In all honesty, if this is what is needed, I would be targeting the best veteran AHL goalie (Andrew Hammond or Calvin Picard and the cost should be low) and go with that for a year or two. Otherwise I would be happy with the current situation and let it ride until you actually need a change.

I also wonder what Minnesota would want for Kahkonen (probably an arm AND a leg). He would be my first choice to come in.

At the end of the day, I would go for the 1st pick overall and just enjoy the team as is.

QUICK UPDATE: Bring up Prosvetov for a 5 game stretch and see how he does.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If this doesn't sound like Mikko Koskinen trade request, I don't know what does.

In all honesty, if this is what is needed, I would be targeting the best veteran AHL goalie (Andrew Hammond or Calvin Picard and the cost should be low) and go with that for a year or two. Otherwise I would be happy with the current situation and let it ride until you actually need a change.

I also wonder what Minnesota would want for Kahkonen (probably an arm AND a leg). He would be my first choice to come in.

At the end of the day, I would go for the 1st pick overall and just enjoy the team as is.

QUICK UPDATE: Bring up Prosvetov for a 5 game stretch and see how he does.
This team would be going for 1st overall even if they acquired Andrei Vasilevsky for a 7th round pick.

Vasilevsky wouldn’t have improved the Coyotes record over the first four games. I’m not looking for, and not expecting an improved record. I’m merely looking to cut the per game goal differential from 3.5 to around 2.0. :)

Prosvetov is the goalie of the future. Don’t need him shell-shocked in Glendale when he could be winning games and getting better in Tucson.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Arizona hopped on the McEichel Tank Train a wee bit too late. It never should have been in doubt and they should have tanked out of the gate. Lesson learned.
Arizona tanking the Wright :naughty: way this time around.

Hutton is absolutely cooked and is pretty much the tanking sacrificial lamb.

Vejmelka meanwhile has been somewhat of a revelation as he has been decent in the 3 games he has played in.

I didn’t even know who Vejmelka was before the season started, but he seemed to play with confidence and plays his angles very well, the only thing about Karel is that he plays deep in the net and is somewhat conservative when it comes to challenging the shooters, hopefully for Arizona Vejmelka holds up against the onslaught that is coming.

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
This team would be going for 1st overall even if they acquired Andrei Vasilevsky for a 7th round pick.

Vasilevsky wouldn’t have improved the Coyotes record over the first four games. I’m not looking for, and not expecting an improved record. I’m merely looking to cut the per game goal differential from 3.5 to around 2.0. :)

Prosvetov is the goalie of the future. Don’t need him shell-shocked in Glendale when he could be winning games and getting better in Tucson.

Then I would go with better d-men that you could build around for the next 5 years or so (some one like Kylington if they go down on waivers). Goaltending is such a hit and miss position.

Also, I would be looking for forwards that play a strong defensive game (regardless how good they are offensively).

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Then I would go with better d-men that you could build around for the next 5 years or so (some one like Kylington if they go down on waivers). Goaltending is such a hit and miss position.

Also, I would be looking for forwards that play a strong defensive game (regardless how good they are offensively).
Goaltending is not hit and miss with Arizona right now. It’s horrifically bad. Unsustainably bad. Carter Hutton very likely would make a terrible backup in the AHL right now. I don’t think he’s fit to play the position at any level, honestly. He’s certainly not an NHL player.

Karel Vejmelka had two NHL starts under his belt. He’s from the Czech league. That’s, what, the sixth or seventh best league in the world?

There might be 150 goalies in the world between the Coyotes tandem and someone who would be considered a slightly below average NHL goalie.

Reactions: banks

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
What would be the point? So your bad enough to suck but also hurt your chances of actually winning the prize/ reason for tanking in Shane Wright?
The Coyotes were the 10th worst team in the NHL last season with Kuemper, Raanta, and Hill. And ask Garland, Dvorak, and OEL. Andrei Vasilevsky couldn’t keep this team out of the top 3-4 draft lottery slots. But I’m not talking about Andrei Vasilevsky. Or even your guy Jordan Binnington. I’m talking someone like Greiss or Khudobin or Georgiev.

An average NHL goaltender will absolutely not keep the Coyotes from finishing last in the league this season. But they may help the Coyotes from being the worst team in the last decade. You don’t get extra lottery points for being historically bad. There’s just no reason for this.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I've watched a couple of Hutton's games, and while he's cooked, the team in front of him is at least as bad as he is. They hung him out to dry so many times it's like they were doing it on purpose. I've seen some Coyotes fans trying to suggest that an NHL caliber goalie of any kind will steal the occasional goal, but an NHL caliber team will consistently play far better D, too.

So, sure, get a better goalie if at least because it's more fun to watch, but if you aren't also improving the skaters, it's not especially practical.

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
Goaltending is not hit and miss with Arizona right now. It’s horrifically bad. Unsustainably bad. Carter Hutton very likely would make a terrible backup in the AHL right now. I don’t think he’s fit to play the position at any level, honestly. He’s certainly not an NHL player.

Karel Vejmelka had two NHL starts under his belt. He’s from the Czech league. That’s, what, the sixth or seventh best league in the world?

There might be 150 goalies in the world between the Coyotes tandem and someone who would be considered a slightly below average NHL goalie.

What about a KHL goalie then? Why I am saying these suggestions is because of cost. I wouldn't want to give up any futures for a stop gag. Just not worth it.

Or you could bring in the best female goalie out there (more as publicity stunt if it doesn't work out and maybe sell a few more tickets along the way). You really don't have anything else to lose at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad