GDT: Coyotes @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Idk if our fan base has a collective alcohol problem but every single person around me in section 14 was downright waffled
For once my section only had a few. Everyone else was chilling and having a good time.

Sad part is that the ones who stood out were a few guys there with their young kids.

But it's a Saturday night at a hockey game, coin flip at best on loads of annoying drunkards being around you.

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 12.07.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 12.09.31 AM.png

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I'm so lost.

I guess I should be grateful for this place?

Facebook and reddit groups are unbearable and I had never even considered Twitter. Apparently I shouldn't.
Twitter is a house on fire right now - don't jump in at this point. There's a solid Devils fan group there (many here are there) but man it's not a place to try to figure out as a new account right now.

I avoid Reddit and Facebook Devils groups like the plague.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Twitter is a house on fire right now - don't jump in at this point. There's a solid Devils fan group there (many here are there) but man it's not a place to try to figure out as a new account right now.

Tons of infighting between fans who are optimistic v ones who troll/really pessimistic. I see the arguments on my TL daily, sometimes they're funny but sometimes they're like wtf lol

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada

I avoid Reddit and Facebook Devils groups like the plague.
Facebook definitely avoid. For Reddit, I haven't had a bad experience so far.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We did not win.

Now I only remember that game (I think it was that game) because I believe Keith Kinkaid was dressed as the backup for Columbus and it was about a week or two after the trade deadline. I think some of us thought as we approached that game that Torts would give Kinkaid the start, but he never got into any game for them. All he got was like 2 or 3, maybe 4 games dressed as the backup sitting on the bench and that was one of them.

I don’t remember anything from that game, other than the cringy Kinkaid tribute/welcome back thing we did. One of those welcome back things that we seem to hand out for every Tom, Dick and Harry that played here. I’m actually surprised we didn’t do one for Kevin Rooney (or did we?) and some other guys.

Other than that, I don’t remember the shootout or anything else. Looks like Cory won’t 0 for 2 on saves and our shooters also went 0 for 2.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
That's some exceptionally quick modding for me to have missed it entirely. Sad as that may sound on my end.

Hope we're not talking about @Devilswede he definitely had someone on the inside for a bit, hooked it up when he could, and seemed like a nice enough guy.

I do believe he was essentially run off because 'some' people thought he was full of shit.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haha that was the from the "lose for Hughes" campaign. A successful one. Nick Lappin and Kenny Agostino in our top 6!:laugh:
I thought Kenny Agostino was one of the few scrubs that actually looked good here. Dakota Mermis on defense the next year was another.

I was expecting to re-sign Agostino but we didn’t. He’s only played 1 NHL game since he last played for us. He’s been playing over in the KHL the last two years.

That was the only season he played more than 8 games in the NHL.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That's some exceptionally quick modding for me to have missed it entirely. Sad as that may sound on my end.

Hope we're not talking about @Devilswede he definitely had someone on the inside for a bit, hooked it up when he could, and seemed like a nice enough guy.

I do believe he was essentially run off because 'some' people thought he was full of shit.

Yeah, super annoying. He definitely had valuable insight and connections. But there are some super loud and obnoxious people here that refused to believe he had any insider info and blasted him every chance they got.

Reactions: mdj12784 and HBK27

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blandisi gave us two of the funniest goals in the dark era v the Rangers.

(2:15 if the video refreshes)

Oooofff. Quite a few stoppable ones for sure.

The goals on Lundqvist, Holtby and Neuvirth were all trash. Although on the Holtby one it was him putting in Zajac’s leaky shot that snuck through Holtby and laid in the crease.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I thought Kenny Agostino was one of the few scrubs that actually looked good here. Dakota Mermis on defense the next year was another.

I was expecting to re-sign Agostino but we didn’t. He’s only played 1 NHL game since he last played for us. He’s been playing over in the KHL the last two years.

That was the only season he played more than 8 games in the NHL.

I actually liked Mermis when he was here in 2020 too :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yea I just read an old post of mine defending Blandisi compared to JQ lol

Blandisi had flashes once a game where he looked like he could be a good player. Never really had any consistency lol
I agreed with you. Thought he was better than Quenneville.

Apparently Blandisi plays for the Marlies, but Qunneville is now in his second year playing overseas. He was in the Swiss league last year and now he’s in Sweden this year. He’s pretty good in those leagues.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I actually liked Mermis when he was here in 2020 too :laugh:
I think we all liked him. He was pretty good, though it was a small sample of games he played. The covid pause cut his audition here short.

I think the consensus was to re-aign him, but we never did.

He was one of the only scrubs that worked out, other than the aforementioned Agostino. Both were 26 years old when they were here, so that probably played heavy in why they weren’t brought back. Because they weren’t some young prospects, but veteran guys that had been pro for years and couldn’t stick in the NHL before that.

I thought he could be a decent #7 defenseman in the NHL. He was much better than Colton White and everyone we’ve iced as our #7 for the last pretty long time.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Facebook definitely avoid. For Reddit, I haven't had a bad experience so far.
I find that reddit lets some very trollish people become the mods and they squeeze out good people they don't care for. Not saying the Devils reddit has that (I don't go there) but reddit in general leaves that impression with me so I just avoid it. That's probably said about every platform and even the mods here but I think this group lets most things go until it becomes truly an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad