Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
wonder what the difference in the numbers are with each of the Dmen.

Young forwards coming out of ELC seem to be all getting the 6 year term at between $6 million to $6.3 million.

We've seen Dmen come out of ELC with limited offence getting 6 year term at around $4.25 million (Maatta, Brodin, Klefbom, Larsson).

For the Dmen, these guys are looking towards the Jones deal at $5.4 and the Hamilton deal at $5.75 as their bases. OEL is at $5.5 million.

Only Dman to come out of ELC and score over $6 million was Doughty ($7 million). And he had a Norris finalist year under his belt.

For Anaheim, I am puzzled why it is taking so long. Lindholm has been the most consistent of the 3, so should be less for the Ducks to worry about in terms of a drop in his performance.

Trouba, not surprised it is taking this long. Anytime you come off a sub-par season in a contract year, it is going to be a rough negotiation. Jets are probably aiming to get a good deal, while Trouba doesn't want to lock into a deal that has him underpaid in the future like Roman Jossi's deal has him underpaid now.

Ekblad just signed an extension for 8 years at 7.5.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Remember when Jets fans were upset at the "Toronto Media" for suggesting Trouba was asking for too much?

No because I ignore any and all things from the media and fanboys in Toronto, it's like the national enquirer of the NHL with a bit of visceral thrown in for good measure.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
that's not entirely accurate but close. what dreger said was there was no truth to the rumors including the latest one by(watters) that he didn't want to resign here. and that it came from people close to the negotiations. so that would include long or short term deals. so that means watters was talking out of his *** and just making stuff up. but that's not all surprising because the king of the trouba is trying to get traded crowd is rick ralphs, the host of the radio show that watters guested on. if you want air time bill you know what you have to say and he doesn't disappoint.

I believe he said that rumors that Trouba didn't want to stay in Winnipeg were nonsense. I suppose we don't know the time frame.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Remember when Jets fans were upset at the "Toronto Media" for suggesting Trouba was asking for too much?

I remember Jets fans being upset with a discredited story by a Winnipeg reporter about a big ask from Trouba that started a lot of this feeding frenzy about Trouba.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't see why he would sign with Arizona either. Like taking 2 steps backwards... unless it is all about money.

Unrelated issue, why does my phone autocorrect Trouba to Troubadour?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

What's the point of this post anyways? Is it to garner a negative reaction from people? You added absolutely nothing to the topic of conversation. Your post is the Chris Thorburn of posts - present and tries hard, but ultimately useless.

By the way, it was media from Winnipeg that initially floated the rumour, not Toronto.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I believe he said that rumors that Trouba didn't want to stay in Winnipeg were nonsense. I suppose we don't know the time frame.

exactly. he went out of his way to mention the latest rumor by watters that the people on this thread keep referring to.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
QUOTE=PensPlz;122005557]I don't see why he would sign with Arizona either. Like taking 2 steps backwards... unless it is all about money.

Unrelated issue, why does my phone autocorrect Trouba to Troubadour?[/QUOTE]

Arizona is very similar to Winnipeg. Both have great young talent.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't see why he would sign with Arizona either. Like taking 2 steps backwards... unless it is all about money.

Unrelated issue, why does my phone autocorrect Trouba to Troubadour?

Arizona has tons of young talented forwards and an open 1RHD spot to partner with OEL. There isn't a better situation for Trouba in the NHL.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
No because I ignore any and all things from the media and fanboys in Toronto, it's like the national enquirer of the NHL with a bit of visceral thrown in for good measure.

*Vitriol, that's the word you're looking for.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Arizona has tons of young talented forwards and an open 1RHD spot to partner with OEL. There isn't a better situation for Trouba in the NHL.

Would trouba be happier playing right side. probably.
Do the winnipeg jets care. No
Does trading trouba make the jets weaker. Yes
Will the jets trade a 22year old rfa to make him happy. No
Does beating this to death make you right. No

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Would trouba be happier playing right side. probably.
Do the winnipeg jets care. No
Does trading trouba make the jets weaker. Yes
Will the jets trade a 22year old rfa to make him happy. No
Does beating this to death make you right. No

Would Trouba be happier playing the right side? The answer is not probably, the answer is yes.

Do the Jets care? They better care, or they will have an unhappy player and one that might refuse to play the left side.

Will they trade Trouba to make him happy? No, I agree with you:) Will they trade him because they can't sign him, will get a good return, and he does not want to be there, yes, they might.

I have no idea if I am right, time will tell:)

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Would Trouba be happier playing the right side? The answer is not probably, the answer is yes.

Do the Jets care? They better care, or they will have an unhappy player and one that might refuse to play the left side.

Will they trade Trouba to make him happy? No, I agree with you:) Will they trade him because they can't sign him, will get a good return, and he does not want to be there, yes, they might.

I have no idea if I am right, time will tell:)
Dreger came out 3 days ago and said trouba isn't unhappy and not looking to be moved out of winnipeg. The odds of trouba as of 3 days ago not knowing he would be playing left side is less than zero.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Dreger came out 3 days ago and said trouba isn't unhappy and not looking to be moved out of winnipeg. The odds of trouba as of 3 days ago not knowing he would be playing left side is less than zero.

After what happened at the draft, I wouldn't take to much stock in what Dreger has to say. Considering that Dreger said that Detroit was supposedly the front runner in the Stamkos sweepstake and yet his agent didn't even talk to Detroit and they weren't even under consideration.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
After what happened at the draft, I wouldn't take to much stock in what Dreger has to say. Considering that Dreger said that Detroit was supposedly the front runner in the Stamkos sweepstake and yet his agent didn't even talk to Detroit and they weren't even under consideration.
But did he say he talked to anybody or was he just giving an opinion. In this case he is saying he talked to people in the negotiations

cobra427

May 6, 2012

So what? Why would you tell Dreger anything. This might be window dressing by Trouba's camp, why alienate the fans. Saying I am not unhappy and don't want to leave the Jets, sure, while also saying I won't sign for less than 6 mill+ for 6 or more years with an NTC, and I'm willing to sit out.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Trouba's usage is the key concern here. Not whether or not he likes WPG, which we have no reason to believe he doesn't.

Trouba is obviously aware he will play LD in WPG. And he is obviously aware that Buff is going to get the prime PP usage.

Trouba finishing his development curve at LD instead of RD is bad for his contract after this one. Trouba not getting to put up lots of PP points is bad for his contract after this one.

Trouba's camp is going to want to compensation for that, and that is the obvious spot for an impasse. Trouba won't want a bridge, because he is taking a bridge in a situation that is going to depress his value. And on a long term deal, he is going to want something closer to Ekblad than Hamilton, because his two way upside is closer to Ekblad's than Hamilton's and, playing for WPG isn't going to give Trouba the usage to optimize his next deal. Obviously, a lot on the WPG will change over the next 7-8 years, but Buff being #1RD won't change for a long time.

Now, of course Chevy is not afraid to tell players to pound sand. So now its about blinking. The fact that both parties are being quiet with the media implies, to me, that both sides want to see something signed. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a great hockey deal out there for Trouba, and Chevy's history with Kane, makes me think that its Trouba that will do the blinking... but then you look at Overhardt's history and it all gets very interesting.

In the end, they need to find a middle ground on a deal in value between Hamilton's and Ekblad's and I suspect they will, as at this point Chevy is not in an ideal place to make a deal that is good to WPG. If, for some reason, it does get to the point where Trouba is dealt, it won't be for something that gets the WPG fan base happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad