Confirmed with Link: Coyotes agree to terms with Vladislav Provolnev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
OEL's definitely better than Domi would have been. I liked Domi while he was here but I never wanted him as captain.

He had the opportunity to leave multiple times - IIRC he had a contract in hand from Vancouver at one point before he elected to stay. I think it's more than just his family, though, since his family split time between here and Canada. I think he felt loyalty to the market and wanted to see it work if there was even a remote chance for that to happen.
Doan's goes to Canada during the off season with his family. His kids went to school here and the parents use to come down during the hockey season. They did not split time during the hockey season.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
OEL's definitely better than Domi would have been. I liked Domi while he was here but I never wanted him as captain.

He had the opportunity to leave multiple times - IIRC he had a contract in hand from Vancouver at one point before he elected to stay. I think it's more than just his family, though, since his family split time between here and Canada. I think he felt loyalty to the market and wanted to see it work if there was even a remote chance for that to happen.
Completely disagree about Domi but that argument is meaningless now. When it comes to Doan, I wouldn't discount the fact that he was the #1 in every way with this team. Best player, leader, community presence, spokesperson for the organization...everything. A trade to another team just makes him another player on that team. Throw in this being a great place to live and family, sure but Doan's status here was pretty damn comfortable, especially when you consider that he wasn't a superstar talent-wise.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Deal was always for next year

This was BA 2 weeks ago: “It’s the same thing as (Ilya) Lyubushkin dealt with. They have a meeting at the consulate and then they get the visa to come to the U.S. It’s a bit of a process. Before, it was just walk in and do it. Now, you’ve got to book it, COVID is an issue, there’s a two-week wait, it’s getting delayed, but we’re hoping to get him over here and get maybe five, six, eight games in the American (Hockey) League"

A wide-ranging Q&A with Coyotes GM Bill Armstrong before the April 12 trade deadline

Reactions: RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad