Confirmed with Link: Coyotes agree to terms with Vladislav Provolnev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
He needs to go through quarantine I assume and they'll likely play him this season so he can get a year counted for his contract status. It's probably part of being able to play right away this year and having spots for him, really at this point he could be the top RD even, that the Coyotes could use to entice him to sign. He's 25 now, so he'll be eligible for RFA and can then be qualified for a year before he goes for a real contract.

I like it. With Demers being middling this year and Lyubushkin only coming into the line-up here and there, I wonder if this guy can step in to pair with OEL and be a better partner than those others in basically every way allowing OEL to play with a more open game. We need the offense from him more than him playing it safe I'd say. Regardless of where he plays, looks like he'll be big enough to help clear the crease and will be our biggest defensemen (he's taller, but weighs a few pounds less than Lyubushkin).

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
One of those was grown on the back of a mouse.
mouse-with-ear-on-back-9-15-2017.jpg

Reactions: ParisSaintGermain

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Think you have a typo there. SHL and KHL are better than the AHL by a good amount.
Those are the three you would have a conversation on. When the so called experts in radio comment they always use the tagline that the AHL is the second best league. Maybe its marketing. I don’t have a strong opinion either way. My least favourite is the KHL but i don’t watch a ton and this organization really hasn’t dabbled much in it since the GM Mike Smith era (see comments on Sergei Bautin). I actually bought and read the book by former Jets draft pick Todd Hartje at one point. He documented his year he spent playing there in the early 90’s.

i will say this after our failed run with Rundblad who was a SHL MVP. For D adjusting to the size of an NHL rink and the change of pace required is best done at AHL level.

Last edited:
Reactions: zerekstar

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
BA likes him. Physical, skates well and has a good shot.

In 48 games this season for Severstal Cherepovets in the Kontinental Hockey League, Provolnev recorded 10 goals and 10 assists with 50 penalty minutes.

The 6-foot-3, 194-pound defenseman had five power-play goals, which tied for third in the KHL among defensemen.

His 87 hits this season were 11th for KHL defensemen.

Provolnev posted 20-29-49 in 240 total games playing for Severstal (2019-2021) and Spartak Moskva (2015-19).

Provolnev, 25, is a native of Voronezh, Russia.

Arizona Coyotes sign D Vladislav Provolnev to 1-year deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad