Post-Game Talk: Coyotes 4, Penguins 3 (OT) - Deserves Got Everything to Do With It

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
After tonight stinker it's becoming obvious that JR might have to add a pick and possibly retain salary on a MAF deal

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
***MOD WARNING***

This is the post game thread, please take the trade talk to the Salary Cap/Roster Building thread.

Also, dial it back a notch. If your post is mostly filtered out or contains nothing but a smiley, you're not adding to the discussion.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
Play MAF vs Winnipeg and pray he has a great game, Winnipeg has issues with there goalies and MAF could become an option

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Does flukey have any idea of where the net is when he comes
Out like that?

Serves me Right for placing a bet before knowing who was in net.
Get rid of that idiot already

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I don't think the majority of the team played badly.

We had important individuals playing badly for the majority of the game. Sid in particular, but except the 3-3 goal also Kessel and Letang, and that trio ****ed the PP which was crucial.

Fleury had several good things going, but when you're culpable on one goal (the third), you cannot give up an disgusting OT 4th and escape tremendous heat.

We can add Bones and Kunitz as dogs for the majority but that is same old same old, which means that Sullivan takes some heat also.

I think Smith made several many remarkable saves and the kids plus Cullen, Horny, Fehr were very good. Don't think D was bad in this one, when measured against our norm, except for Letang who was playing like an idiot virtually throughout.

Ultimately, even if we were playing understrength and with our backup, that was a point we gave away more so than one we won. And our three longest serving players on the ice tonight were the main dogs.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I am not going to comment on this. Sid is now in about 15 games slump, If Gen were playing like this he would be crucified

However, if I had any doubts that Jake is not a real deal, they are gone tonight. The guy is awesome and should be playing exclusively with geno or sid. And don't send Archie back, he is better than Kuhn. (and many others, but I digress)
Have you read this board lately? Probably fair to say nobody here is giving Sid much of a pass for his recent play. If anything it's been a bit hyperbolic about just how bad he's been. :laugh:

If you're talking about the media, I agree. The Pittsburgh media turns on Geno pretty quick.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
For the record sid was 17-36 (46%) on face offs. Not great but almost 50%
Rest of the team was a dominant 21-29.

I guess we need to be near 80% on face offs against one of the worst teams in the league
When fluery is in net

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Have you read this board lately? Probably fair to say nobody here is giving Sid much of a pass for his recent play. If anything it's been a bit hyperbolic about just how bad he's been. :laugh:

If you're talking about the media, I agree. The Pittsburgh media turns on Geno pretty quick.

media, of course, majority of us here even when they slump know that there are many reasons for that, linemates nothwithstanding;)

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
- I don't even care that they lost because MAF did a MAF... I care that MAF did a MAF with scouts watching.

Brutal.

- Archibald showing a little of why I think he could be a Rust/Hagelin replacement if one is lost in the expansion draft.

- Guenztel with big minutes doing the kind of magic I hoped for.

Do scouts not have ability to watch youtube? MAF is well documented there.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
I'm going to pretend I haven't watched that one...

That OT goal was very similar to Moen's goal from game 7 of the 2010 Habs series. You know the one everbody blamed Gonchar for at the time...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
It took me a second to realize why people were suddenly calling Fleury GAF, then it hit me. Bravo. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad