Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
A note from Arpon. Anderson has been training everyday with Adam Nicklaus over the summer. Don’t expect another year like last

Andy was here pretty much the whole summer,” Farrell said. “He was on the ice with us pretty much every day.”

“Andy” is of course Josh Anderson. He invested his summer to work with Nicholas and the Canadiens’ training staff with a bunch of prospects. He didn’t need to do that, no one forced him, and his $5.5 million a year contract remains guaranteed.

A lot of people have written Anderson off after the freakishly bad luck that afflicted him last season. But it is important to know that Anderson himself did not simply write last season off as bad luck. He actively did something to try and change his luck.

All NHL players have pride. Anderson is no different.”

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
A note from Arpon. Anderson has been training everyday with Adam Nicklaus over the summer. Don’t expect another year like last

Andy was here pretty much the whole summer,” Farrell said. “He was on the ice with us pretty much every day.”

“Andy” is of course Josh Anderson. He invested his summer to work with Nicholas and the Canadiens’ training staff with a bunch of prospects. He didn’t need to do that, no one forced him, and his $5.5 million a year contract remains guaranteed.

A lot of people have written Anderson off after the freakishly bad luck that afflicted him last season. But it is important to know that Anderson himself did not simply write last season off as bad luck. He actively did something to try and change his luck.

I fully expect he’ll be back to his 22-25G seasonal pace he’s accomplished in 5 of his 8 NHL seasons except rookie, the year lost to multiple longterm injures in CBJ (19-20), and last season

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Has anyone tried to get single game tickets since they went on sale today?

The prices are crazy and it seems like most of the seats available are through resale.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

This is reassuring. He looked like he straight up didn't care for the last half of the season.

The proof will be on the ice, but if he's mentally engaged he'll be a useful player.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Has anyone tried to get single game tickets since they went on sale today?

The prices are crazy and it seems like most of the seats available are through resale.
ya i tried to get tickets for superbowl weekend so i can bring my kids before they start getting sleepy. Prices were astronomical and they were still nearly sold out

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
This is reassuring. He looked like he straight up didn't care for the last half of the season.

The proof will be on the ice, but if he's mentally engaged he'll be a useful player.

In Andy's defense, he got voodoo'd about as hard as any hab I've ever seen for the first half of the season. It was like watching a cartoon play out after a certain point.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
“Andy was here pretty much the whole summer,” Farrell said. “He was on the ice with us pretty much every day.”

Arpon thinks his job is to be friendly and nice to players and curry favour with them. He literally think this because this is what he's done throughout his career.

If Anderson had any pride, I didn't see much of it in his Habs career. Not going to bank on it being there after four seasons where he's not passed 32 points and is a combined -66. He's a wasteman. Plenty of them in the NHL, he's one of them.

Arpon shouldn't call it 'freakishly bad luck', it's an insult to unlucky players.

In Andy's defense, he got voodoo'd about as hard as any hab I've ever seen for the first half of the season. It was like watching a cartoon play out after a certain point.
When you don't work hard and you cheat you tend to have bad luck.

Anderson did the same crap Gomez did, he was never going to produce playing that way. Sure some bounces didn't go his way but that's a product of his ice-cold stick not doing anything useful 100% of the time.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Arpon thinks his job is to be friendly and nice to players and curry favour with them. He literally think this because this is what he's done throughout his career.

If Anderson had any pride, I didn't see much of it in his Habs career. Not going to bank on it being there after four seasons where he's not passed 32 points and is a combined -66. He's a wasteman. Plenty of them in the NHL, he's one of them.

Arpon shouldn't call it 'freakishly bad luck', it's an insult to unlucky players.

When you don't work hard and you cheat you tend to have bad luck.

Anderson did the same crap Gomez did, he was never going to produce playing that way. Sure some bounces didn't go his way but that's a product of his ice-cold stick not doing anything useful 100% of the time.
I think you're being unfair to him here. I'm not going to dispute that he was invisible a good portion of the year last year (in the second half) but the first 10-15 games he should have had a good 7-8 goals. Breakaways, cross-crease chances he was robbed on, etc. He came out flying and was playing insane, he just couldn't put in his chances.

Once that happened, it was all downhill. Started squeezing his stick more, trying to do that drive-the-net move he does that never really works all the time. He completely lost his confidence.

Reactions: Captain Mountain

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I think you're being unfair to him here. I'm not going to dispute that he was invisible a good portion of the year last year (in the second half) but the first 10-15 games he should have had a good 7-8 goals.
Sure but there were 63 more games after those first 15. That's a lot of time to figure it out or use breaks/road trips/holidays/all star as arbitrary endpoints for a reset.

I dunno, I'd love to be wrong but I just don't see it. One dimensional player and the one dimension isn't working and also doesn't really fit with what any of our top 3 lines want to do. I'm sure he'll have a couple big games here and there but I struggle to see what role he would play on this team. I don't want him in the top 6, a two-way third line with Dvorak isn't a great spot for him, and he's not really a fourth line guy because he never forechecks either. He's a player designed for a 3rd line exploitation role this team doesn't have.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Sure but there were 63 more games after those first 15. That's a lot of time to figure it out or use breaks/road trips/holidays/all star as arbitrary endpoints for a reset.

I dunno, I'd love to be wrong but I just don't see it. One dimensional player and the one dimension isn't working and also doesn't really fit with what any of our top 3 lines want to do. I'm sure he'll have a couple big games here and there but I struggle to see what role he would play on this team. I don't want him in the top 6, a two-way third line with Dvorak isn't a great spot for him, and he's not really a fourth line guy because he never forechecks either. He's a player designed for a 3rd line exploitation role this team doesn't have.
That's fine, you're allowed to doubt whether or not you think he's right for the team or whether he will be going forward. But I don't think he played like Scott Gomez or didn't try, especially for the first part of the year.

Anderson can be called a lot of things but a floater isn't one of them.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
A note from Arpon. Anderson has been training everyday with Adam Nicklaus over the summer.
I mentioned in an earlier comment that I saw Nicholas on the ice in June - it was in Andy’s hometown - I wondered if he’d spend some time with him. I got my answer.

BTW … I’m pretty sure one of those prospects was Hage.

Reactions: Canadienna

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
That's fine, you're allowed to doubt whether or not you think he's right for the team or whether he will be going forward. But I don't think he played like Scott Gomez or didn't try, especially for the first part of the year.

Oh I don't question his effort at all, I think he's a hard worker and always has been as a Hab. I think he's a floater because he just don't think he really knows what to do out there. His only NHL level traits are skating, his shot, and physicality (which he doesn't really use much). He can't really pass, play off the puck, cycle, or forecheck at an NHL level. He floats because all he can really do to make an impact at the NHL level is wait for a pass and score off the rush, that's all that's left if you can't defend, cycle, or forecheck.

I'd love to be wrong but even "rebounding" to the 20G/10A form of the first couple seasons in Montreal still leaves him without a real roster fit as the Habs aren't going to shelter the 3rd line and his limitations mean he's not a fit in the top 6 (and never was). It would be damage mitigation but still not a net positive season IMO.

Reactions: the valiant effort

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

Gomez didn’t float either but then again he did. Same with Anderson. He doesn’t seem like he has it in him to do what he needs to do. His forechecking is bad, he doesn’t follow the play right, he doesn’t keep up. I don’t see the point of arguing in his defense… he’s never topped 32 pts as a Hab. It’s BRUTAL.

Reactions: JoelWarlord and the

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Came across this survey from BPM sports,
It asks if the canadiens are in the mix come TDL, would you want them to be sellers, buyers or statu quo.
Fans are not that impatient after all

1000006584.png

*Sorry shared a screenshot because the link won't show the percentages

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Gomez didn’t float either but then again he did. Same with Anderson. He doesn’t seem like he has it in him to do what he needs to do. His forechecking is bad, he doesn’t follow the play right, he doesn’t keep up. I don’t see the point of arguing in his defense… he’s never topped 32 pts as a Hab. It’s BRUTAL.
I'm not arguing in his defense in terms of what you and others in this thread have said about his style of play and fit. He very well may be a bad fit here. He definitely didn't look good last year after not scoring for the first little bit. But if we're going to criticize, it might as well be about things that are verifiable instead of hyperbolic statements like comparing him to Scott Gomez.

We'll see this year with a clean slate. Obviously him working out with the development guy all summer can only be viewed as a positive. It shows he wants to work on his game and not chalking it all up to bad luck.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

He should have been in the mental gym...problem was between the ears, not his shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad