Hockey Cards - Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Ice is also overpriced for what it is. The base cards are no longer acetate. You used to get multiple jerseys or autos per box. It was actually a fun break.

Now the regular ice Premieres aren't really with much. I sold a Tkachuk rookie premiere /99 and it was hardly worth anything. It's not a marquee rookie anymore and has no draw to collectors of other sports.
Yeah, Ice used to be one of my favorites before, really liked the all acelate cards, as you say, now it's overpriced and I'm no longer buying them.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Ripped a bunch of the UD CHL stuff from I think 2 years ago? Mostly junk but this seems like it could be something if he continues to impress.

IMG_1610.jpg

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I'd say the tiers go something like this

1. Cup RPA /99
2a. Ice Premiers RC /99
2b. SP Authentic Future Watch Auto Patch /100
3. SP Authentic Future Watch Auto /999
4. Ultimate Rookie Auto /299 (wild to me that FWA with 3x the print run sell for 2-3x these but Future Watch is a more iconic set)
5a. Rookie Update Inspirations Dual Auto /199
5b. SPx Rookie Auto Jersey /499
5c. Hot Prospects Prized Prospects Patch Auto /199
6. Young Guns
7a. Black Diamond Rookie Gems
7b. Trilogy Rookie Premiere /999
7c. SP Game Used Authentic Rookies /999
7d. Artifacts Rookies /750
8. Fleer Ultra
Then you have the low ends Beehive, MVP, Victory, Parkhurst, Power Play etc.

This list seems daunting until you realize a guy like Bedard is going to have what feels like 7x this amount with all the variants and easter eggs. Also his Young Guns had to have been printed 2-3x more than 05-06. This truly is a new junk wax era.

The Ovechkin ice premier you mentioned, its this one right?
1726589067620.png

Attachments

• 1726589013481.png
    1726589013481.png
    654.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Hippasus

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

1. Cup RPA /99
2a. Ice Premiers RC /99
4. Ultimate Rookie Auto /299 (wild to me that FWA with 3x the print run sell for 2-3x these but Future Watch is a more iconic set)
6. Young Guns
8. Fleer Ultra

This list seems daunting until you realize a guy like Bedard is going to have what feels like 7x this amount with all the variants and easter eggs. Also his Young Guns had to have been printed 2-3x more than 05-06. This truly is a new junk wax era.
That's a solid list. This stuff is almost 20 years old, but it feels like those rookies are far more iconic then what we get now. I'd say now we have YGs, Cup RPAs, SPA.... Precious metal gems?... Maybe Ultimate... Then everything else is diluted parallels. It's all kind of Shiney retro stuff.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Im looking to start collecting cards again, can someone help me with what cards to buy if I were to buy box set?

Anything early 80s and earlier.

1. Cup RPA /99
2a. Ice Premiers RC /99
6. Young Guns
8. Fleer Ultra

At least in the old junk wax era when you were looking for rookie cards you only had to get 1-3 different brands. Sure there were 18 billion of each one, but at least you knew you had the best rookie cards available. now instead of 18 billion cards there are 18 billion different rookie cards for each player. I don’t understand why anyone would want to be part of that.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
How much is something like that worth? $500, $600?

$10-20k? The shields are generally very sought after, as they come from game worn jerseys and there's only one per jersey. So they are rare cards. This is a 1/1 card featuring the two greatest players from their respective eras.

Maybe you were being sarcastic and I'm dumb.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Its Imperial Breaks (ksehd) so i think its them!

Wayyyyy more than that! 1/1 and shield card are very pooular. This is probably the top card of the product

$10-20k? The shields are generally very sought after, as they come from game worn jerseys and there's only one per jersey. So they are rare cards. This is a 1/1 card featuring the two greatest players from their respective eras.

Maybe you were being sarcastic and I'm dumb.

I was kidding around, but you're not dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad