Hockey Cards - Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
Got my Fanatics Fest VIP Tickets in the mail (they were complimentary), travel, hotel all paid for by fanatics. Love it.

Then it was time to pick my 30 minute meet and greet guest.

Tom Brady? Sold out
Any of the WWE guys? All sold out
Tyson? Sold out
Hell, Jake Paul and Adin Ross? Sold out
All the rappers? All Sold out

Looked at the hockey players and the biggest name is Auston Matthews. I would have been the first person.

So....I chose Livvy Dunne over any NHL player.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Got my Fanatics Fest VIP Tickets in the mail (they were complimentary), travel, hotel all paid for by fanatics. Love it.

Tom Brady? Sold out
Tyson? Sold out

Looked at the hockey players and the biggest name is Auston Matthews. I would have been the first person.

That's crazy they paid for all of that. How did you get manage to score that ?

I work in NYC and was interested in attending this event but it's such a rip off. You have to pay to get in and then pay for every overpriced autograph. It's a joke. They advertised the hell out of it too. These people will way too much money for an autograph and a quick photo. I'll pass and most people I know who know about this event are doing the same....

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005

Tom Brady? Sold out
Tyson? Sold out

Last edited:
Reactions: Satan

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
My take aways from Fanatics Fest-

The CT scanner hype is real. This was the elephant in the room and it's going to kill the high end breakers. With a company willing to scan your cases for a fee and scanners so sensitive they can pick out pokemon full arts you are looking at breaks becoming a thing of the past.

Not that breakers are honest. There's been more breakers scamming lately when huge hits are being pulled.

I also got the vibe fanatics will slowly start squeezing out shops who carry upper deck and rightly so. The days going to come when upper deck won't be avaliable at shops or retail, only online. Now that fanatics has LeBron and Curry and is chomping at the bit to throw money at Jordan once his UD contract expires it leaves UD with nothing.

I has a great time. The hobby is slowly weeding out the bad little by little.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

The CT scanner hype is real. This was the elephant in the room and it's going to kill the high end breakers. With a company willing to scan your cases for a fee and scanners so sensitive they can pick out pokemon full arts you are looking at breaks becoming a thing of the past.

Not that breakers are honest. There's been more breakers scamming lately when huge hits are being pulled.

I also got the vibe fanatics will slowly start squeezing out shops who carry upper deck and rightly so. The days going to come when upper deck won't be avaliable at shops or retail, only online. Now that fanatics has LeBron and Curry and is chomping at the bit to throw money at Jordan once his UD contract expires it leaves UD with nothing.

how was ur meet n greet with livvy dunn

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Wasnt fanatics fest thjs weekend? Are you from the future

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

The future of the hobby is probably something similar to ePack, but all the breaks are standardized and done in house.

They can up the gambling aspect by auctioning off points in each product. So instead of sitting on cases, UD approved speculators/gamblers can be the marks who buy into the entire line. Or they could allow card shops to open their own store fronts on ePack and wholesale the same way a card shop would, and solicit preorders or price their items through their own store front on ePack.

They basically can do the same thing they do now, which is pass the risk on to card shops, but it's all online, and the selling point to buyers is that it is standardized.

The way AI is going, they won't even need to host their break live. They can clone their voice so when they don't have to stick around for the break to say "nice case hit, Tanner Glass auto numbered to 499".

If UD wanted to make a quick buck before going belly up when Fanatics get all the licenses, I could see moving all hobby products to ePack and selling a limited number of virtual "store fronts" to card shops as being a big short term money maker.

In the long term, UD should be focusing on being the one to revolutionize how cards are consumed and own that platform, so that they can sell or license it to Fanatics when Fanatics puts them out of business. As in, they shouldn't be a book seller, they should be Amazon.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Upper Deck's ruining all their products with parallels. The Ice Premieres rookie parallels are so unnecessary and just water down the value of the true rookie.

Ice Premieres have:
  • True Base Rookie - /999, /799, /499, /249, or /99
  • Blue – /799
  • Green – /299
  • Gold – /25
  • Black – 1/1
1725634009194.png
1725634040366.png

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Upper Deck's ruining all their products with parallels. The Ice Premieres rookie parallels are so unnecessary and just water down the value of the true rookie.

Ice Premieres have:
  • Blue – /799
  • Green – /299
  • Gold – /25
  • Black – 1/1
View attachment 905454View attachment 905455
They’ve been doing the colored Ice Premiers parallels for a few years already but you’re not wrong. Ice needs the all acetate set again.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
They’ve been doing the colored Ice Premiers parallels for a few years already but you’re not wrong. Ice needs the all acetate set again.
Fair, it was moreso a general statement than me saying it was novel. Making parallels with print runs greater than the true base shouldn't be a thing.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Fair, it was moreso a general statement than me saying it was novel. Making parallels with print runs greater than the true base shouldn't be a thing.
The fact there’s base parallels and ice premieres parallels is the problem. The Ice Premieres are the true rookie from the set and have always been. The others are filler cards to fluff up the product.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
That's crazy they paid for all of that. How did you get manage to score that ?

I work in NYC and was interested in attending this event but it's such a rip off. You have to pay to get in and then pay for every overpriced autograph. It's a joke. They advertised the hell out of it too. These people will way too much money for an autograph and a quick photo. I'll pass and most people I know who know about this event are doing the same....

If i lived in ny i would have went. Autograph prices from good players are hardly cheap. If you're expecting 20 for an auto youre not gonna be getting too many signatures at these events.

I dislike having to pay for a ticket on top of the autos

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles

Ice Premieres have:
  • Blue – /799
  • Green – /299
  • Gold – /25
  • Black – 1/1
View attachment 905454View attachment 905455

I think your singular point of the Ice Premiers getting watered down using the multi-tiered method, totally agree. I think they should just make two tiers, just a /999 and a /99 because those numbers are the most symbolic for the set.

Reactions: Hippasus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad