Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
The only piece of Habs merch I have is Caufield's #22 I think it's pretty neat actually
Yeah, keep that 22 jersey neatly stashed and protected somewhere, it could potentially go up in value in the future if Caufield has a long prolific career.
I have a poster from the 1979 Watkins Glenn f1 Grand Prix featuring Gilles Villeneuve and his #12 Ferrari…… Villeneuve is forever associated with #27, so this early career poster is now worth a nice little $ .

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Here Were Habs!

During bad seasons we were doing a countdown for when the season will season...

During this good season we're doing a countdown for when season will begin!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

full

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Some good action happening today as part of the countdown

• September 6- Caufield, Dach, Primeau and Gally arrive at camp
  • September 7 - SKA game 2

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
32 thoughts dropped.

It's 2hours 40 minutes long.

First thing, Friedman mentioned he isn't commenting on the Marek situation until Marek does.

They're starting with the worst teams up, so Montreal will be early.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Friedman - Slaf looks like a beast. I saw him in Europe and he looked like a beast !

"I think Laine will have a big season. Montreal really wanted to add an offensive weapon. I know Zegras is out there, but I don't think that's close."

Friedman thinks both Slaf and Laine will have big seasons, but who knows.

He doesn't think they (habs) get in, he will be disappointed if there isn't a more clear picture on the backend as to who will be here when the Habs are good.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Friedman - Slaf looks like a beast. I saw him in Europe and he looked like a beast !

"I think Laine will have a big season. Montreal really wanted to add an offensive weapon. I know Zegras is out there, but I don't think that's close."

Friedman thinks both Slaf and Laine will have big seasons, but who knows.

He doesn't think they (habs) get in, he will be disappointed if there isn't a more clear picture on the backend as to who will be here when the Habs are good.
yea window has started. Suzuki might be pushing 30 by the time we know if Hutson, Mailloux and the gang need replacing for a cup run. This is a big year, the next 2-3 are decision time already, I hope eternal tankers don’t get too attached to all the prospects we’ve been expecting.

Hey was this thread not expressed in jersey numbers one year?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I'm really looking forward to seeing Mesar. Hopefully he can quiet down the boo-birds.
Never will happen. Once a segment of the fan base sours on a player there’s never going back.

Happened with J.C. Trembly, Rucinsky and currently Matheson. The latter could score 80 points next year and you will still hear the incessant grumblings and complaints.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Never will happen. Once a segment of the fan base sours on a player there’s never going back.

Happened with J.C. Trembly, Rucinsky and currently Matheson. The latter could score 80 points next year and you will still hear the incessant grumblings and complaints.
Perhaps, but there was quite a lot of negativity in the Reinbacher and Slaf threads during the 2022-23 season and now both are oozing with love.

If Mesar has a good showing in these games and a successful AHL season I think it could turn it around.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think anyone "soured" on Danault. Some of us just thought that he didn't have the offence to justify the contract he was looking for. And we were wrong.
There was a poll recently of somthing like your least favorite Hab of all time. At least one poster put Danault. The hate was real from some.

Reactions: Habssince89

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

Regarding Matheson;

If I may, I’d like to say I haven’t soured on him. I think he’s good. For my money though, I’d look to trade him at the deadline or next summer. I want to maximize value and continue the asset management of the valuable players that can be replaced internally. I wouldn’t trade any RD, but LD is PACKED and the easy target is Matheson that has high value AND isn’t a younger veteran (ie Guhle Wifi). I think this is the kind of trading from strength that provides great return without hurting the team in the longer run.

On to camp then :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91 and junyab

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad